G-Man's Monday Nighter Cleveland @ Buffalo 11-17-08

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
There is a lot to consider in this match-up tonight. The Bills are playing for a potential division title or a wild card spot as they trail by one game in the win column for a wild card.

Tonight the Browns are playing for a mathematical playoff spot which is very unlikely that they could get in the playoffs at all, with 7 games remaining. Yesterday's Steeler win, basically put the nail in the coffin for Cleveland. The Browns are trailing New England (6 wins), Miami (6), Buffalo(5), Indy (6), Jacksonville(6) Baltimore(6) and San Diego (4). All those teams have to lose more than half their games for Cleveland to get in if they sweep the last 7. (no chance)

The Bills have a real shot at everything, including the division lead as they are only 2 games back from the Jets right now. A win tonight, would put all 4 division teams above .500 with 10 games played, for the first time I can remember? Buffalo though is 0-3 against the division right now, as they are riding a slim chance to get in if they dont win the remaining division games.

The line on this game is off by 4 points tonight. Buffalo should be favored by 1.5 and that is ONLY because they have won at home against SD, Seattle and Oakland, while losing to the Jets.

That line is derived from scores and pointspreads() of (Bills-2.5) 34-10 over the Seahawks, (Bills -10) 24-23 over Oakland and (Bills+1) 23-14 over the Chargers. Seattle had many injuries which moved the original line for Seahawks -1.5 to Bills -2.5. The Raiders had no QB so that line was valid. The Chargers had a broken defense that was allowing nearly 24 points a game to any team with a QB?

So here we have Cleveland, who played 4 games to start the season with many key injuries. It was reflected in the scores. But, when they returned a few guys, (not all of them yet) they came alive until they crumbled in their last 2 losses on defense.

In Clevelands last 2 road tilts, they lost to Washington, and won against Jacksonville. They only allowed 14 and 17 points in those games. Then they crashed and burned at home in 2 consecutive games with big leads. So we have an under-valued team on the road because of 2 blown losses at home. If Cleveland had won those 2 games, this line would be Bills-1.5

Buffalo has been a fraction of who they were in the first 5 games on the season as they are 1-4 in their last 5.

Cleveland has much more talent than any team in the NFL at 3-6. With Cleveland hanging on to Anderson as the starter through 8 games, it didnt do a whole lot for the offense. Anderson wasnt totally the whole problem on offense as he played more than half of the games without offensive starters on the line and the key receivers missing. Quinn has most of the starters playing tonight and should be effective enough to pull out a win here.

Im going with the ML+200 and Cleveland +5.5 for my plays tonight. I cant see the Bills scoring much if Cleveland comes to play all 4 quarters. Cleveland will with Quinn. Forget the snow.

Browns +5.5 (15 units)

ML +200. (5 units)

Over 40 (2 units.)

GLTA

I also think the Browns are much better now than a few weeks ago, my only concern is the wind factor(passing game) which doesnt seem to be a concern right now. I will be tailing you tonite BOL

Gman I looked at the schedule for both of these teams and IMO Cleveland clearly looks like the better team if you knew nothing about these teams--

I agree Browns played good on the road and were talented enough to basically beat Denver and balty before losing late in the game---

IMO the NFL is reallly saturated in talent, I dont think there is any way the Bills can be -5 because in reality the NFL talent is a joke- They suck as do the rest of the leauge-- Underdogs are covering in these games casue in reality there is no difference in talent at all----

IMO I know that when a team loses 3 straight that things get WORSE before they get better-- THere is no way they just have an easy game and WIN--

BUffalo are born losers, so how can u trust them with chalk-- Buffalo covers as a DOG and cannot handle being home chalk-- Similar spot to ZONA last week they just could not handle being favored----

I am not sure at all here that Buffalo is already wearing down due to Jaurons hard practices, and Edwaards is regressing--

Agree I think a likely scenario if Buffalo wins is by 3 points on last second field goal

I also think the Browns are much better now than a few weeks ago, my only concern is the wind factor(passing game) which doesnt seem to be a concern right now. I will be tailing you tonite BOL

Quinn had ONLY one day to prepare for the last game. ONE DAY! He is the most accurate thrower I can remember in all the years Ive watched the Browns. The wind or lack of it will not matter unless its really windy and even God couldnt pass in it.

Quinn has had all the practice reps with all the starters for the first time this season. Wait till you get to see him tonight with a full week of practice.

Gman I looked at the schedule for both of these teams and IMO Cleveland clearly looks like the better team if you knew nothing about these teams--

I agree Browns played good on the road and were talented enough to basically beat Denver and balty before losing late in the game---

IMO the NFL is reallly saturated in talent, I dont think there is any way the Bills can be -5 because in reality the NFL talent is a joke- They suck as do the rest of the leauge-- Underdogs are covering in these games casue in reality there is no difference in talent at all----

IMO I know that when a team loses 3 straight that things get WORSE before they get better-- THere is no way they just have an easy game and WIN--

BUffalo are born losers, so how can u trust them with chalk-- Buffalo covers as a DOG and cannot handle being home chalk-- Similar spot to ZONA last week they just could not handle being favored----

I am not sure at all here that Buffalo is already wearing down due to Jaurons hard practices, and Edwaards is regressing--

Agree I think a likely scenario if Buffalo wins is by 3 points on last second field goal

My feeling is that Cleveland will lead most of the way, mainly at the end.

GL tonight

Thanks G-man for being a great capper on this site especially on MNF.....You know me.........I couldn't stay away!:36_11_6:I dug myself out b/c I had faith in you....You da man!!!!!!:cheers:

Thanks G-man for being a great capper on this site especially on MNF.....You know me.........I couldn't stay away!:36_11_6:I dug myself out b/c I had faith in you....You da man!!!!!!:cheers:

That was one great game by both teams. Thats how Monday nighters should be!

:cheers:

Buddy amazing work, tihs played out exactly like you called with the 1.5 spread, I shared your thoughts, we even called the last second buffalo field goal, but they are a cursed franchise and deserved tolose anyway-

NICE HT:cheers:

Back