G-Man's Monday Nighter. Chargers/Jets

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Lots of backers on the Jets in this one. Go figure?

SD is playing like a basement dweller on defense and is allowing 450 yds a game!!!

LB Merriman was injured and is out for the season and they have never recovered from his loss.

So why are they favored by 9??? If you look at a few past results against the Jets, the Jets rolled on the last 4 winning 3 SU and one loss by 5 points. That was when the Jets had a decent defense and the Chargers were not paying well.

Difference tonight is that Favre is on the ticket and the public believes that HE will win it. Not so fast boys...

If you think this SD team is "toast' then put your money on the 9 here.

I happen to believe that they will blow out the Jets. The caliber of players they have, and Rivers able to go deep on that Jets team that STILL has only one good player, is why my pick is on the Chargers. NY struggled to beat Miami, COULDNT beat the hapless and OLD pats. And is in for a real ass whippin tonight.

Rivers is clicking at a whopping 9.9 yds per pass and that number is going up against the soft Jets defense tonight. He is passing for nearly twice as many yds as Favre. Watch that Charger defense come to life tonight.

Chargers 31-13.

(8 units)

Nice. on the chargers as well and also agree that Farve isn't enough to keep this Jet's team close. Don't think the Jets is any better than SD's defense right now either.

Ok....after much consideration I have to go with the Jets getting 9 on a MNF game. I just feel that it is way too many points. I am not feeling blow out. Sorry my friend....we're on opposite sides again for MNF. In any event...one of us will come out on top....GLTY!!!!!!!!:smiley_acbe: I might kick myself in the butt for changing my mind but what the heck it's only a game.....

Ok....after much consideration I have to go with the Jets getting 9 on a MNF game. I just feel that it is way too many points. I am not feeling blow out. Sorry my friend....we're on opposite sides again for MNF. In any event...one of us will come out on top....GLTY!!!!!!!!:smiley_acbe: I might kick myself in the butt for changing my mind but what the heck it's only a game.....

Youve had this problem in the past and I recall you saying that when you switch sides you end up losing?

Good health tonight:shake:

Nice. on the chargers as well and also agree that Farve isn't enough to keep this Jet's team close. Don't think the Jets is any better than SD's defense right now either.

Actually you should expect a big change in the SD defense tonight at Home on MNF!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

glad to see you on it as well...seemed like everywhere i looked, people were on the jets BOL to us

Jets cant stop the run and SD will open this lead even more while controlling the clock

Thanks for reminding me....now that I am losing I recall clearly.....BTW......my foot is really tired from kicking my butt....nice call as always!!!!! keep it going.......:cheers:

I forgot to mention....I broke even this week with this lose so I am thankful for that.....hopefully next week will be better.....you know in the beginning of the week I just didn't have a feel on any of my picks...when I am feeling that way I should just stay away....so I am still up from last week....

Back