G-Man's Early College Plays. (First Week. August 28-Sept 1))

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Hello Everyone!

Its always great time when the football season starts again.

I am going to post my plays here for the first week in college.

I haven't studied or capped them all yet, so I will just edit this box when I have more plays. Until then, feel free to comment or discuss the plays.

1. Florida Gators -33.5/Hawaii. Traveling across the world 5,000 miles and starting a QB that never faced team speed like the Gators will bring, is going to be too much IMO for the Warriors to compete at all.

Hawaii was blown-out by GA in the Sugar with Colt Brennan.
It was over when... Knowshon Moreno rumbled 17 yards to put the Bulldogs up 7-0 early. Georgia dominated every phase of the game from start to finish.
Gameball went to... Marcus Howard. The Georgia senior picked up three sacks and two forced fumbles, recovering one for a touchdown.
Stat of the game... 8, 4. The Bulldogs picked up eight sacks and four interceptions while completely dominating Hawaii's high-powered offense.

The new QB for Hawaii will have a few hard lessons in this one.

Nuff Said.
Florida -33.5. (5 units). W

Mis-match here on a neutral field. E.Carolina was lucky to have played them close LY as a -28 point dog at VT, as turnovers helped them in that game. They wont be so lucky today as VT rolls by 17 or more. This number is way off the mark today. Public perception from last years Bowl win by EC as a big dog over Boise sets this one up for a big win today from VT.
Va. Tech -8.5 (4 units) L

Virginia has unknown and underrated Pete Lalich QB, that may become the best QB Virgina has had in over 30 years. An upset here is highly unlikely, but Virgina will challenge in every quarter. Virgina playwed well LY against #8 VT in a close one 33-21 as a 4pt dog. The number (19.5) is too high today for a team coached by Al Groh at home.

Virgina +19.5 ( 3 units) L

Kent State is returning 16 starters and the QB that can run and pass on a team that could stun BC today in Cleveland Browns stadium. BC lost all but 4 starters on defense with a team that scored 8 points per game more on offense than they allowed on defense (28-20). Double digits is to much today for a team, that on the road with a defense that will surely allow more than 20 points per game this season.
Kent St. +10 (3 units) L

Kansas -35.5 over FL INT. Expect a shutout by Kansas.

Kansas (4 units) L

Washington +13.5 over Oregon. Cant believe that Oregon will be able to put up 55 points again this year. Returning only 5 starters on Oregon offense, is a huge advantage for Washington in a revenge game.

Washington +13.5 (3 units) L

Game already played.
N.C State +14.5 (2 units) L

Vanderbilt +3.5 (3 units) W

Stanford +3 (3 units) W

SMU +3.5 ( 1Unit) L

More later.:shake:

Last edited:
GL GMan. Staying away, but 33.5 points is a bunch of points for a team with few to no returners in the secondary going against a pass happy team.

Yeah that's if the 4th string QB can make the reads vs. this young secondary, block out the crowd, and have enough time to make throws to a WR crop that caught like a combined 6 balls last year...

GL GMan. Staying away, but 33.5 points is a bunch of points for a team with few to no returners in the secondary going against a pass happy team.

Point well taken, but Hawaii only has 8 starters back as well. And - I would have to believe that the backups for Florida could kill them as well if thats who had to play.

The Gators are just too big of a draw for guys who want to become pros someday. And IF I was a player, I wouldnt go to Hawaii if I was good enough to be recruited by Fla.

This game is all about fresh new talent, and I gotta believe that Fla has 22 backup guys on the bench that could all start for Hawaii.

So, when it comes to first stringers - who would you really bet on?

:shake:

Adding

Mich St +6.5 (3 Units) L

Illinois +9 (4units) L

Bama +4.5 (3 Units
) W

Last edited:
Back