***G-Man's College Week 4 ***

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Season 34-19. 64% +4,645.00 +46.5 units

Thursday
Appy State -7 over South Alabama. 2 units

Appy faced two strong opponents, otherwise their numbers would be far better.
S.Alabama faced no one of significance. They were beat by an Ohio team that only brought back 9 starters and a team that lost the starting QB from a year ago.

The smashing by Clemosn tilted the stats for for Appy State..
USA scoring 80 points last week was against a big School team.

Friday.
Stanford 8.5 over Syracuse . 2 units
The better defense a year ago is what Cuse was. They returned 63% of it this year. But now are facing a solid Stanford offense that is returning 18 starters in all - Ten (10) on offense with the starting QB.

'Cuse also struggled with Georgia Tech who had one big game over a completely busted opening day performance by FSU - that propelled the GT image way beyond what they really are.
Cardinals should be in it all night.

Illinois +7.5 #24 over Nebraska #21. 2 units
Neb faced 3 opponents who are no where near as good as Illinois . Wrong team favored here IMO.
Passing game by Illinois is superior to what the Huskers have seen this year.
Nebraska beat a weak Colorado team that only averages 23 points a game on offense this year.
Illinois beat a very good Kansas team and should be able to control this gams accordingly with Nebraska.
The rankings should flip after this game tonight

More Saturday

Season 34-19. 64% +4,645.00 +46.5 units

Thursday
Appy State -7 over South Alabama. 2 units

Appy faced two strong opponents, otherwise their numbers would be far better.
S.Alabama faced no one of significance. They were beat by an Ohio team that only brought back 9 starters and a team that lost the starting QB from a year ago.

The smashing by Clemosn tilted the stats for for Appy State..
USA scoring 80 points last week was against a big School team.

Friday.
Stanford 8.5 over Syracuse . 2 units
The better defense a year ago is what Cuse was. They returned 63% of it this year. But now are facing a solid Stanford offense that is returning 18 starters in all - Ten (10) on offense with the starting QB.

'Cuse also struggled with Georgia Tech who had one big game over a completely busted opening day performance by FSU - that propelled the GT image way beyond what they really are.
Cardinals should be in it all night.

Illinois +7.5 #24 over Nebraska #21. 2 units
Neb faced 3 opponents who are no where near as good as Illinois . Wrong team favored here IMO.
Passing game by Illinois is superior to what the Huskers have seen this year.
Nebraska beat a weak Colorado team that only averages 23 points a game on offense this year.
Illinois beat a very good Kansas team and should be able to control this gams accordingly with Nebraska.
The rankings should flip after this game tonight

More Saturday

Some great calls in the Friday night tilts

12PM
Kansas +1.5 over W. Virginia. 3 units (Wriong team favored.

WV has the worst defense ranked #100 .
Kansas one of the best ranked 41.

12PM
Indiana -28 over Charlotte. 3 units.
Hoosiers QB Rourke was excellent last week vs UCLA. Expect more of the same at home today.

12PM
NC STATE +18.5 (-120) OVER CLEMSON.. 2 units.
REVENGE GAME for Clemson.
NC State has added two top ranked players on offense through the portal system.
This should be enough to get the cover today.
NC QB Mc Call was ?. Check status> CJ Bailey is starting in place of him if he doesnt go.

2PM
Virginia-3.5 over Coastal Carolina. 3 units

Virginia lost to Maryland last week on 4 turnovers.
Virginia was favored -3 vs MD. CC isn't in that class with MD

3:30
Louisville-10 over GT. 3 units.

19 starters back for Ville. LY they were a Plus 12 scoring team with a solid defense allowing 21 pts/game. This year they should be better.
GT lost 6 starters on defense and allowed 29 pts last year. This year they are doing little better allowing 25. But that was against two opponents that weren't scoring scoring like the Cardinals are.
Last week Louisville got revenge on J'Vill State for the loss to them in last years bowl game. They punished J'Ville 49-14.
Lets not forget when I said GT was getting too much love for the win over FSU...

USC -4 #11 over Michigan @18. 3 units
Some caution on this game.
Mich still plays defense. The offense is below average.
But a road game for USC is going to be tested. I dont see Michigan being beat here by much.
They still have solid players - just no NFL grade QB and Run game like last year.
Ive seen all of Southern Cals games and they look better in live games, than on paper.
USC QB Moss is outstanding. His QB rating is solid at 152.00 They run very well with a 5.2 yds per rush.
This is USC' 2nd opponent ranked in top 25. Michigan faced one -Texas.
I dont see Texas a good as USC because Texas ranked #1 won @ Michigan on 3 Wolverine turnovers and played 2 games vs poor teams.

Virginia Tech -3 vs Rutgers. 3 units
Revenge game for VT. They return 19 starters.
Rutgers played weak teams and their stats are misleading. That will be exposed today by VT.

730PM
Minnesota +2.5 over Iowa. 4 units
Iowa still, has no serious QB play. Loss to Iowa State 2 weeks ago was no fluke.
The Iow scoring Iowa offense scares no one.

Minnesota has balance and scoring potential.
They also return 18 starters swith the QB.
They are the 4th best defense of the ranked teams.

7:30PM
Oklahoma +7 over Tennessee. 4 units
Vols faced 3 soft teams to open. Now facing a real force with the Sooners as a dog? No way.

8PM
Mich St. +5.5 over BC. 4 units.
MSU dominated MD even though they had 3 turnovers. In that game MSU out-gained MD by 160 yards.

Better defense with MSU.
BC lost to Missouri but was also out gained by Missouri by 150 yds. BC run game was totally shut down by Missouri as they were held to a season low 49yds!
MSU brings one of the best run defenses allowing only 2.8 yds per rush.
That will turn BC into a one-dimension offense .
Castellanos will have trouble against the pass defense as well. MSU leans in that stat with only 5.8 yards per pass allowed.
Shouldn't need the points, but I'll take 'em.

More later.

I really like vols but I know it so so square I might just leave it alone.

My thing with usc game is I’m scared but if Michigan dc Wink martendake continues being super blitz happy blitzing like 50% the time I just dunno how they keep up with usc cause you right Moss is good and he gets the ball out super fast (2.1 sec on avg) so all the blitz gonna do is make life super easy for him to find the open man! Throw out the fact the way Michigan plays and the caliber of players they have on d it makes no sense to blitz like that. I reasonable person would think they stop all the blitzing, drop more into coverage and let the defensive front beat the usc oline. I’m not sure if wink is a reasonable man tho?

Gl today

Back