G-MAN'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAY OF THE SEASON **** OHIO STATE vs FLORIDA ****

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
It was about 6 weeks ago that the Buckeyes won over Michigan 42-39. The game appeared to be a good game to backers of both teams. Wolverine fans and bettors wanted a rematch. Many thought that Michigan was close to winning the game. A rematch would obviously settle that opinion if the two would have played again.

That didnt happen because the bogus bowl system for national championships is run by wins and losses and rankings that truly are not relevant in every teams situation, to actually align the two most competitive teams. Two other teams should have been here for this game. USC or LSU. I felt that LSU was #2, USC #3.

While this is an opinion by me, I feel that both of these two mentioned, would beat Florida. LSU had beaten them except for what the scoreboard showed. It was turnovers that gave the Gators that win.

USC simply walked into a UCLA game knowing they would win easily, and walked out a loser for being over-confident. So that brings us to Florida.

I've seen numerous reviews and insight to both sides of this game and all have statistcal merit. Some even have argument for 'team speed' for Florida. Florida backers feel that they have a QB that can work its way through the Buckeye secondary, because of the 'passing yardage' by Michigan in the BIG 10 title game. More backers of Florida also feel that the Gators defense is top-notch and can blitz and cover the OU recievers at the same time. Blitzing Smith will prove deadly for Florida. His speed is better than nearly any QB, and he has the uncanny ability to throw accurately while running, which is a killer for linebackers to try and cover recievers.

Buckeye backers see Troy Smith as impossible to stop, as no team has stopped him and the Buckeyes in 19 straight games. The Buckeye running game is as good as it has to be. It is the component of their offense that keeps any defense honest, and prevents any attack on Troy Smith to counter his impact running or passing. Their running backs can catch out of the backfield too.

Regardless of what anyone says about these two teams, they will play the game and only one team will be the winner. But this game is bigger to me because it is a bounce-back game for me. For it was me who acclaimed, I had information on that Michigan/Ohio State game, and that OSU would cash on the spread. It lost - and I lost. That was the largest loss I had on the season. To this day it still is. But I do have one thing going for me in this game today. The Buckeyes.

Florida had to replace 4 offensive lineman to start the season. That will show here in this game against OHIO STATE. Most gambers wil have never known that the line has been rebuilt. They added Tebow as a QB threat because he can run. Teams with two QB's dont do well in big games let alone, the Big Game.

This game is the biggest game of the year for me. Whether you agree or disagree, really doesnt matter. Its who wins the money. If you feel that the Gators played better teams, that is a valid point. But the schedule in this game is meaningless. I would point out that OSU hasn't struggled with any team in 19 games, and they wont need to be "battle tested" - "like the Gators were". The Gators also havent played a team as good as Ohio State, so their schedule is a bit over-stated as well.

Its also unlikely that they will be trailing late and have to make a comeback. But if any team would have to have that potential to do that - its the Buckeyes who can score at any position on the field on any down. Florida isnt in that league when they have to play the best team in the country.

This is the last leg of my 3 unit, 3 team parlays involving USC, LSU and Ohio State.

Im adding my flat bet too for 3 dimes on this one. For everyone on either side good luck.

Okay Tressel, - Do your thing!

The Play. Buckeyes -7. (30 Units)

:shake:

Last edited:
I dont think we see teebo that much tom night. I have a bet with a friend on Ohio St -7 for a decent amount. I think Florida has equal talent, but Meyers playcallin in the redzone is horrendous, they also have a shaky kicker. It will be interesting to see how sharp ohio st will be since they havent played in a while

you can't give jim tressel 7 weeks to prepare his team for a game this big. he is the best coach in college football and the most knowledgable. don't get me wrong, i'm talkin with my heart, but they've backed me up so far this year.....throw out the spread, but i know BUCKEYES ROLL

Smith 30 TD's, 5 inters and a 67% completion rate which you don't see. Leak has given it up at times with 13 inters and will have to be better than perfect. State -7 the way to go.

Agree on Ohio St. -7 3 Units

Good points made in here. I agree with them all, like I said in another thread I give Flordia 0% chance to win straight up, and a poor chance to cover. I see the Buckeyes winning by 17. A good point was made earlier in this thread about Florida's kicker, he sucks. That is one big advantage don't think many cappers have thought about, could be the difference between a cover and a painstaking loss, as it could even be an adventure on a PAT.

Pete Carroll is the best coach in College Football. Floridas kicker has had a bad year. Last year he was near flawless. He hasnt cost them a game and has the faith of his coach and teamates. He has gotten death threats from some Idiot Gator fans, but there are fools everywhere.

Hey Gman. Did you take me up on that wager ? Lemme know so I can order the thong if necessary ! WOuld suck to be me Shovelin snow in Ohio in a thong if the Bucks win AND score 40 plus

GL to all inlvolved tonight

STEED said:
you can't give jim tressel 7 weeks to prepare his team for a game this big. he is the best coach in college football and the most knowledgable. don't get me wrong, i'm talkin with my heart, but they've backed me up so far this year.....throw out the spread, but i know BUCKEYES ROLL

Tressel can expose anyone with his coaching staff.

G-Man

Good luck on your play. This game is also my largest play of the year. :cheers:

Good Luck Gman...Your gonna need it....No close games in those 19 wins what about Illinois? What about Michigan?

I would point out that OSU hasn't struggled with any team in 19 games, and they wont need to be "battle tested"

They do need to be "battle tested" how will they respond if they get behind?

We dont know?

Ohio ST is 0 - 7 against SEC teams in Bowl games -- which that stat means anything

Having 50+ days off though its tough to stay sharp..

Troutman said:
Good Luck Gman...Your gonna need it....No close games in those 19 wins what about Illinois? What about Michigan?
They do need to be "battle tested" how will they respond if they get behind?

We dont know?

You dont know. Please dont include me in 'we'. I wager on the known, not the unknown. I go by what Ive seen by both teams this season.

Illinois? R U kiding? Michigan? You must have never seen any of my threads on how Mich would have been blown out with the free points given to them by Buckeye turnovers?

The REAL question should be, how is Florida going to win?
By talent and execution? No.

On turnovers? Not likely - as OSU gave up ONLY 17 points on turnovers ALL SEASON, those to Michigan. (BEST IN ALL OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL.)

Slow-"LEAK" torching the Buckeye defense? Not gonna Happen.

The Gator defense shutting down the Buckeye run game? No.

Blitzing Smith? He'll be gone - and running wild or throwing out of the pocket as coverage gets out of position.

Gameplan? Havent seen any coach, out-coach Tressel.

Now if you reverse all those questions and capp these in view you would have these answers.

Its more probable that the Buckeys can shut down any QB.

Buckeyes can stop any running game. Cover any reciever group.

Blitz Slow-LEAK very easily.

Talent and execution? Fact that Buckeyes dont have many turnovers shows that they execute well. Smith has only a few int's. Was Slow-LEAK a heisman winner? Is he even considered a top draft pick. You saw what USC did to Quinn. The Buckeyes can bring a lot more damage to Slow-Leak.

Better Coach? Not really- but a good one in Meyer.

All that doesnt make me right, but its what Ive seen from the two teams that are more likely to occur.

:shake:

One thing I will say is that not many teams had a decent offense , thus Ohio St's stats are a little misleading, how many good offenses did they play this year?

Michigan had good playmakers who arent known for their big plays ( llyod is conservative) and they ran a muck of ohio sts d. Im not sayin they arent good, becuz they are, but they arent the 86 bears.. or even the 06 usc defense,

abcs said:
One thing I will say is that not many teams had a decent offense , thus Ohio St's stats are a little misleading, how many good offenses did they play this year?

Michigan had good playmakers who arent known for their big plays ( llyod is conservative) and they ran a muck of ohio sts d. Im not sayin they arent good, becuz they are, but they arent the 86 bears.. or even the 06 usc defense,

They held how many teams to 10 points or less. On the road they lead all of football I believe in defensive avg. against by opponents allowing only 10 pts per game.

Fla isnt in that category.

G-Man said:
They held how many teams to 10 points or less. On the road they lead all of football I believe in defensive avg. against by opponents allowing only 10 pts per game.

Fla isnt in that category.

How many of those offenses were ranked in the top 50?

abcs said:
How many of those offenses were ranked in the top 50?

ABCS youre killin me.

Let's see what Florida does and then ask yourself these questions.

How many points did those teams average that played the Buckeyes, when they played EVERYONE else? Or were all thoise opponents having their worst week of the season that week? Did OSU play NINE teams that averaged only 10 points per game on offense all season? How many games did OSU pull out all their starters early? (I saw at least 2 games where they were playing 3rd stringers on both sides of the line.) This team has depth, something rare in college.

How may teams that played Florida's defense were held to 10 points or less?

How many teams played a better game against the Buckeyes than what Florida does tonight?

G Men Im not sayin they arent good or they wont roll tonight.. In fact I have them . I am just saying their defense hasnt been tested that much. They played maybe 1 or 2 decent offenses.. They played Michigan and gave up 400 yards.. Sorry but holding cincy, bowling green, michigan st indiana minny illinois and northwestern to 10 or less isnt that impressive.. Texas was but lets be realistic bud those teams arent offensive powerhouses

Ohio State last 10 games:

Michigan (won by 3)
Northwestern
Illinois
Minnesota
Indiana
Michigan State
Bowling Green
Iowa
Penn State
Cincy

Alot of Top 25 teams there boys!!!

abcs said:
G Men Im not sayin they arent good or they wont roll tonight.. In fact I have them . I am just saying their defense hasnt been tested that much. They played maybe 1 or 2 decent offenses.. They played Michigan and gave up 400 yards.. Sorry but holding cincy, bowling green, michigan st indiana minny illinois and northwestern to 10 or less isnt that impressive.. Texas was but lets be realistic bud those teams arent offensive powerhouses

No one in the SEC scares me. That conferense is good but I cant recall any team being as good this year, as LSU was a couple years back when Saban was coach. Fla, doesnt have that kind of dominance that LSU had back then, and a deluted LSU team played in Fla. this year, and lost on turnovers, not dominance.

Slow-Leak is in trouble. And it starts at 8pm.

abcs said:

This is true. It's also a good reason to put a little money on the "dog" here. Personally, I don't know why anyone would want to make this game tonight their "100 UNIT Game" or "College Game of the Season Play." But, to each his own.

:cheers:

Bob Hope said:
This is true. It's also a good reason to put a little money on the "dog" here. Personally, I don't know why anyone would want to make this game tonight their "100 UNIT Game" or "College Game of the Season Play." But, to each his own.

:cheers:

Good health to you Bob...:shake:

Ohio state Db's

G Man I am also thinking the gators wins are scewed by turnovers. I also think that Lsu, Usc are better than them. However I am concerned with how Manningham was consistently beating our db's deep in the michigan game with double moves.

I hope that we can cover tall lanky receivers like Dallas Baker and Cornelius. I know Leak is throwing the ball, but just a minor concern of mine. Same thing happened in the Usc game where Michigan Db's were too slow to cover Jarret.

But overall Leak is not going to win this game by his performance. He has not fared well in big games, and should be easy to gameplan against as most Sec teams have no problems stopping him.

Also Gman what is your opinion on the fact that this will be the fastest defense that the buckeyes will have faced this year. This concerns me because USC was the fastest defense that Michigan faced and they were shut down. I know we are not Michigan, and have T Smith and Tressel, Ginn but just a concern of mine. I like to cover off all angles and scenarios before making a major play.

First and Goal said:
G Man I am also thinking the gators wins are scewed by turnovers. I also think that Lsu, Usc are better than them. However I am concerned with how Manningham was consistently beating our db's deep in the michigan game with double moves.

I hope that we can cover tall lanky receivers like Dallas Baker and Cornelius. I know Leak is throwing the ball, but just a minor concern of mine. Same thing happened in the Usc game where Michigan Db's were too slow to cover Jarret.

But overall Leak is not going to win this game by his performance. He has not fared well in big games, and should be easy to gameplan against as most Sec teams have no problems stopping him.

Tressel knew that the Buckeyes could score on them from anywhere on the field. So Tressel wasnt real concerned about one guy. He Manningham, did get behind the db;s but only because they Buckeyes respected the running game more than the passing game. If the Wolverines didnt get the turnovers that kept then in the game, the defense would have played the passing game different on coverages because the run game would have been abandoned by Mich. Florida cant keep OSU defense honest because they really cant dominate at the line (see my facts in the top of this thread that they had to replace 4 offensive lineman this year). Thats why they will be punting or getting intercepted from pressure when they find out they cant run the ball..

End of game.

VY wins...let him chill man

Gman,

Sorry to all of Buckeye nation in all honesty. The thing that stings me is that second half. I liked it like you did and played heavy but the juice going other way shoulda told me...ah well.

Your defense was one year too young...No Ted limited any chance offense had of moving ball...Florida was better...I am shocked too..I called for Florida to win MNC before season as longshot but never really believed it..

Hope all is well.

No I wasnt right.

Yes, the Gators did have a far better team

Tressel was NOT prepared. He was outcoached.

The Players said "we prepared for them differently than how they played"

They couldnt win that game with two Ginns

It was the west coast style offense that killed the Buckeyes.

Tressel will get another chance some day.

The SEC was too good for anyone this season.

Florida backers ...congrats!

Back to the pro playoffs to recoup the losses, I hope!

abcs said:
Ohio ST is 0 - 7 against SEC teams in Bowl games -- which that stat means anything

Having 50+ days off though its tough to stay sharp..

NOW 0-8

Back