G-Man's Bowl Play for Thursday 12-27-2007. AZ. St. vs Texas.

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Lots of talent in this game tonight.

This is the first bowl game of the season where two teams come in ranked. In earlier games the ranked teams were failures at covering the spread. BYU and Boise both failed.

AZ St. ranked #11 and Texas #19 are both teams that fell from the higher rankings. But Texas has a good reason for being 19th. Their QB McCoy, has almost as many ints' (18) as Td's (21). Two key losses for Texas are their top receiver Limas Sweed, and starting center Dallas Griffin. They're also without several key defensive players (5). Playing with that depleted group against a very good QB in Rudy Carpenter with 3015 yards, 63.% completions and a 23/8 TD/Int ratio spells a loss for Texas tonight.

Defensively both of these teams were less than impressive late in the season as Texas gave up 476, 594 and 533 yards in their last three games. Az St. gave up 508 to USC, but never allowed over 400 yards in the other 5 games to finish the regular season.

This game has a small line and that gives the perception that it will be close. I dont think so and Im looking for an early lead that grows and grows as the game goes on.

I believe this may be the best QB that Texas has faced all year, and theyre on the ROAD.

Arizona State. +2.5 (6 Units)

(This may be a good game for a second half play as well?)

GLTA.

Last edited:
I baught Arizona State up to +3 -20, and have the under 62.

Good luck tonight G-Man.

This is the worst team I have ever seen in a bowl game. Arizona is horrible! Is this for real?

no play 2nd half. just have to sit here and chalk this one up as a loss if they cant do anything, but Texas isnt any good either. This game could blowup for them too...

Yes, Texas is no good. They held the Pac 10 cochamps to 7 yards rushing.

They didnt play like co champs...They sucked and nothing about Texas looked real good either, but they did win easily....

The PAC 10 is overrated as well. Wait till Illinois plays them (USC) and the illini gets the money ATS...

Back