G-Man's Baseball Playoffs Thread. 1st Round DIV - AL and NL Plays.

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
I will be posting all the games here for division series. I will be playing the series and each games as well.

There are four windows I will be using for the plays on these divisional playoffs. All the games played will be posted in each respective window as they are played. I will edit each window during the first round here.

Look at all the windows for the plays each day in this thread.

Comments and Opinions Welcome.

10/3/2007 Boston Red Sox v LA Angels
201 Boston Red Sox -165 (series)
202 LA Angels +145 (series) LOSS 400 to win 580

Game 1. Angels. Lacky +153. Beckett has been superb all season, but at HOME he should be a much bigger favorite, especially when the Red Sox are such heavy fav's in the series. If youre paying attention Beckett is less of a favorite than the Sox series line. That means all the other Sox pitchers should be far less pricey in the following games? Angels have overcome all kinds of early season problems and are playing much different against Boston later in the season, than they were early when the Sox swept the first 3. I know Lackey has failed in 9 of 10 against the Red Sox, but Im not expecting him to necessarily win, but to keep it real close. If LA gets on top early, Boston loses today. They are a team that really choked down the stretch. (Dont forget how they lost 5 of their last 6 against the Yankees.)

Angels (+153 Lackey) 300 LOSS to win 459

Game 2. Escobar is a dominating pitcher. Getting him here in Boston as a large dog is great against a starting pitcher (Matsuzaka) with one of the worst era's in the playoffs. Matsu had a 4.40 era on the season! Matsu was even "handled by Tampa" (5 ER) two starts back. Escobar also had some arm problems just a few games back, but he is healthy today.

Extra day off for Halo's will blow up here for Sox, who got this schedule their way by having the best record in the league over Clev. Guerrero gets another day of rest. He was the only player to get 2 hits off Beckett. Its long ball today for the Angels and sparse hits by the Sox.

Angles. +141. Escobar. LOSS 400 to win.564.

Game 3. Angels are a dfferent team at home with Jer Weaver on the hill in day games. His era is 2.63 . Small price for Sox backers to load up on Schill but he's not going to win this today for the Sox.

Angels. -102. > LOSS 714 to win 700.

Last edited:
10/3/2007 Cleveland Indians v NY Yankees

221 Cleveland Indians +155 (series) 500 to win WON 775 Max bet at The Greek
222 NY Yankees -175 (series)

Game 1. Plenty of stats for both teams today, but none as important, as these. If you ever had a chance to win a game just once in the whole season, this is the one. Sabathia has had 19 starts at home this season. He allowed only 19 walks and only 7 homeruns. Left handed batters are hitting a measly .212. The Indians pitching over all, has allowed the least homeruns of any team since mid August. The Yankees havent faced C.C. in two years. Sabathia has had a good rest as he had one start since Sept 20th. The Tribe is 14-5 at home with C.C this season. In two (2) of those five (5) losses, Cleveland scored 1 run combined. C.C gave up only 2 er in those games, one-run in each. Wang will be up against a lineup that is no longer struggling as they were the last time the Yankees played the Indians. Wang hasnt faced Cleveland this year, but has blown up a few times late this season on the road. Giving up 5 runs to the Orioles and Red Sox and 8 to Toronto. As they say" Its a whole new season now. You can throw out all those prior games between these two teams today".

Indians . +110 Sabathia.. 1000 to win WON 1100.[/COLOR]

Game.2. Carmona, Carmona, Carmona. Today we get the best pitcher on the Tribe as a dog at home. YES - another 19 game winner at home as a dog! When will you ever again see two 19 game winners as dogs at home???

If Pettitte was starting for the Indians with his 4.09era (5.79 last three) he'd be at BEST - a 10-14 pitcher on Cleveland.

If Carmona pitched this year for NY, he would have won 25 games! (C.C too). Yankees backers are forced to rely on Pettitte today. Indians backers are loading up against NY. Tribe has superior bullpen and definately has far better starting pitching.

With Carmona throwing his sinkers at 94 mph, those Yankees are done for the season. Carmona only gave up two runs through 6 innings in NY last time out against the Yanks. JOBO (tribe closer) blew the game by giving up 6 runs in the bottom of the ninth.

Carmona is 9-1 in day games! This 5:00pm start will have the sun shining for 2.5 hours!

Indians. +113. Another dime today. 1000 to win WON 1130.

Game 3. Staying against all odds here and playing Cleveland plus the price. Clemens can no longer strike out 10 batters in a game. Cleveland is full of left handed bats. The right handed hitters will get their swings against a pitcher that has truly shown his career is hanging by a thread.

All Yankee hope lies on Roger. This is the Biggest long-shot for NY's entire starting staff. Torres gave a public pep talk in Cleveland saying that Clemens is expected to pitch like Pettitte did. That wont happen - even in NY. Tribe could get to him before the 6th, and the Yankees will be without any lefty relievers again. He's not pitching against the RedSox that he knows so well. The Indians are lined with a group of tough outs. If Clemens has control problems, Yanks will be in trouble early. Westbrook wont be given any slack here if he cant keep NY to 3 runs or less, he will be pulled quick and the Tribe will go right to that bullpen thats strong from the 4th inning on.

Indians +175. LOSS 500 to win 875. (Just added to this play at 6:10 pm eastern). Lets clinch this today!

Westbrook is 5-3 with an era of 2.95 since August 1st.

Game 4. BYRD. +200. 3 units. 300 to win 600 WON . Dont expect Wang to have a miracle cure in 5 days after Cleveland got to him in game one. BYRD will get this one.

Last edited:
10/3/2007 Arizona Diamondbacks vs Chicago Cubs
241 Arizona Diamondbacks +110 (series)
242 Chicago Cubs -125 (series)375 LOSS to win 300

Game 1. Cubs (+123 Zambrano). This whole series will come down to Soriano and Penella. Zambrano has thrown 13 scorless innings in his last two starts.

Cubs. 4 units. LOSS 400 to win 492.

Game 2. We have another former AL pitcher here in the playoffs. Lilly has been great this season. AL pitchers have done well in the NL over the last few years. Playoff games are where they become a favorite play of mine.

Davis is solid for the D'Backs and even though his era is over 4, he still managed to win 13 games. While Davis is 8-3 at home, he also has a very fat era of 4.75.

Lilly though has been a better pitcher on the road this season, than Davis has been at home. Go figure? Lilly is 6-3 with a sparkling era of 3.76. Being that he's also a favorite of -127 is fair money in this situation. Cub backers are forced to bet Chicago again after yesterdays loss, but that's all right with me. I play former AL pitchers a lot. (Look for a play by me on Philly when Jamie Moyer pitches as well.)

Cubs. -127 Lilly. LOSS 508 to win 400.

Game 3. No Play today. Down 2 games with losses at -908 and the series play in limbo, Cubs have to win today just to get a chance to get to game 5. Even if they win today, the best that can come out of it, is a chance to make a play for a wash or close to it later. Odds at -190 too pricey today and I hope to get Cubs as a dog in game 5 if it gets there. May play game 4 tomorrow?

Last edited:
10/3/2007 Philadelphia Phillies vs Colorado Rockies
261 Philadelphia Phillies -130 (series)
262 Colorado Rockies +115 (series) 500 to win 575 WON (Max bet at The Greek)

Game1. Colorado (+139 Francis). Phillies have a problem today in facing the hottest team in the Majors. Any team that wins 14 of 15 games to make the playoffs is a rockies-solid play. Also, 7 of those games were against playoff teams in the division and the Rock's went 6-1. Phillies wouldn't even be here if not for the complete fold by the Amazin Mets!

Rockies. 400 to win WON 556.

Game 2. Big favorites today - the Phillies are with that young rookie on the mound. Two rookies will oppose each other on the mound in this contest as Colorado's Franklin Morales meets Philadelphia's Kyle Kendrick.

Kendrick has been great for Philly except against Colorado as he has given up 7 er in 9 innings in two starts against the Rocks.. He obviously hasnt got that mistique against Colorado that he has against the rest of the league.
Morales had one start against Philly and threw 5 shut-out innings in an 8-2 Rockies win sept 11th in Philadelphia. Morales was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs on Aug. 18, and made eight starts including one against the Phillies on Sept. 11 in Philadelphia. The right-hander scattered three hits and walked one over five innings for his first major league win as Colorado rolled to an 8-2 victory.
Beginning with that contest, the Venezuelan is 3-0 with a 1.23 ERA and .147 opponent batting average in four starts. He hadn't allowed a run in 20 1-3 innings over that span before being reached for two against the Los Angeles Dodgers in the fourth inning of his final regular-season start last Thursday.
Yesterdays Rockies win paid the price for the series bet for me and I find no reason to bet Philly now. Going 2-0 here isnt that difficult when youve won 15 of your last 16 games.

Rockies +136 Morales. 300 to winWON 408.

Game.3. While playing the Rocks in the series and betting them in games 1+2 , I cant pass up a chance to win again between these two teams. This will be my last bet on this series for two reasons. 1. They could sweep today and 2. Philly cant win with any other pitcher they have after this play on Moyer today..

I like Moyer so much here, that I am risking my "series play money" on him today. After that - I won't bet any other games between these two, win or lose today.

Today is a no-lose situation and its all about smart money.

Phillies (+137 Moyer) LOSS 400 to win 548

Last edited:
Not interested in a series bet but will certainly play Carmona and Sabathia as home dogs. GL

I'm with ya on the Tribe. Let's go Indians!

The two best bets of all the games are today and tomorrow. Sabathia, and Carmona. Two 19 game winners as DOGS??? When will you ever see that again on one team???

Last edited:
Being a tribe fan, I love this spot for them. Let the public drive the price higher for the silly spankees.. It kind of reminds me of what happened last year with the SPanks and Tigs. We all know what happened there.

Tribe wins 6-3. With BoroSucks giving a huge scare in the 9th.

BOL...

G-Man - Have any thought on the total : Col/Phi ? I like to wager $100 on the parlay .

Rockies + Under or Over ?

I'm Kindda GREEDY ( LOL...)

I'm loving this site with all the experienced cappers ! CF,NFL now MLB

Thanks,

G-Man - Have any thought on the total : Col/Phi ? I like to wager $100 on the parlay .

Rockies + Under or Over ?

I'm Kindda GREEDY ( LOL...)

I'm loving this site with all the experienced cappers ! CF,NFL now MLB

Thanks,

I dont play totals often but if I was to bet this game, with two good pitchers I like the under.

As a Yankees homer, I have to agree with you. Sabathia has been a beast this year and Wang has struggled recently. Tough to go against the my Yankees but I will be going large on Clev tonight. Also taking Colorado. GL with the plays.

G-Man - Thanks

1st H - Rockies + 125
Under 5'
Whole Game -Rockies +135
Under 10
Rockies +Under

I'm getting GREEDY ! ...........Why not !!!

:smiley_acbe:

As a Yankees homer, I have to agree with you. Sabathia has been a beast this year and Wang has struggled recently. Tough to go against the my Yankees but I will be going large on Clev tonight. Also taking Colorado. GL with the plays.

Rocks and Tribe are great bets through it all.

Those "home boys from NY" may be done my friend if Carmona just has an average game. His era is in the low 2's since the break.

Pettitte will have to pitch a shutout for 8 innings or the yankees are done. Their bp is bad before the 9th.

The Last word.

In three playoff starts against Cleveland Pettitte is 0=3 with an era over 10 runs.

great call man. it could've gone either way, the way the starters were pitching but clev won in the end. congrats.

Appreciate the congrats...

They are the 2 best starters of all teams in all of baseball..

Pettitte was at his all time best last night in his entire career. Stranding all those RISP was masterfull. Had he gone 8 like I predicted he would have to go, the Tribe would have lost most likely...lost.

BOTH pitchers were masters last night. Carmona gets the most credit because he held all those big bats to a .111 batting average, went 9 innings and except for one pitch over the plate - throws a shut out.

Credit goes to the Yankees for playing great and stopping all the baserunners in scoring position.

Torre was "HOPEFULL" with his comment about Roger Clemens pitching at home like Pettitte pitched last night. There is no way Clemens throws even 6 innings of shutout ball.

The Tribe roll tonight. First batter HR. I'm on this one pretty big. GL G-Man. btw, are you playing MNF?

Back