FYI: Howard Suspended

Houghton Chemical

Pretty much a regular
I guess we all saw this coming, but it's now confirmed.

BC-BKN--Magic-Howard Suspended,0240
URGENT
Magic's Howard suspended for Game 6 against 76ers
Eds: APNewsNow.
AP Photo DOA107
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Dwight Howard has been suspended for Game 6
of the Orlando Magic's playoff series against the Philadelphia
76ers.
The NBA announced Wednesday that Howard will be suspended for
his elbow on Sixers center Samuel Dalembert in Game 5 on Tuesday
night. The two got tangled up going for a rebound in the first
quarter.
Replays showed Howard's elbow hit Dalembert above the shoulders.
Howard drew a technical foul for the hit.
Orlando will also be without starting guard Courtney Lee, who
suffered a fractured sinus after taking an inadvertent elbow to the
head from Howard later in the quarter. Lee's status for the
remainder of the playoffs is uncertain.
The Magic lead the Sixers 3-2 in the best-of-seven series. Game
6 is Thursday.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

AP-NY-04-29-09 1546EDT

Alright, since it's official lets get this game on the board BM.

Philly is going to come out flat for this game, watch.

what does this do for the total... does philly try to push it more,, no real shot blocker for magic..

And so the league gets what it wants, a Game Seven they can try to build some, any drama around.

Watch them put up a Sixers -9.5.

Sixers win, don't cover, dogs get kicked.

Theres no way they put up anything more than about sixers -3 at the most id think

That's fine with me, I'll take a nice low ML.

The Magic will be losing a solid 20/15. With no visible way to replace it. Hell, even I think the Sixers could cover -3 and I have zero faith in that team whatsoever.

Magic were gonna lose game 6 anyways. The loss of Lee is big. The magic have a thin bench and now with Pietrus most likely starting, the first swing off the bench will probably be Reddick.

when howard was playing for games 3 and 4, the magic were favored by -3.5 and -4.5. with howard out right now, the "real line" should be around magic -1 or pick. no matter what line they open at, books will be flooded with 6er backers. if you're going to back them, be prepared to lay (when, in reality, you should be catching) points, and pay medium juice on the ml....

maybe I spoke too soon..lol

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#c48f1b><TBODY><TR class=oddsText_odd><TD style="POSITION: relative" vAlign=bottom width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD height=13>04/30 7:35 PM</TD><TD align=right>
notes.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD>557 Orlando</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>558 Philadelphia</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Orlando leads series 3-2
ORL-C-Howard-OUT (suspension), G-Lee-OUT

</TD><TD class=oddsText_odd vAlign=bottom width=58 noWrap align=middle><NOBR> 184
-2.0 </NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Magic were gonna lose game 6 anyways. The loss of Lee is big. The magic have a thin bench and now with Pietrus most likely starting, the first swing off the bench will probably be Reddick.

pietrus doesn't get enough credit. early in the year, he started for them and played extremely well... and then he got hurt....

as for redick, well, if he can hit 3s, that will help cause they've sorely been lacking there

pietrus doesn't get enough credit. early in the year, he started for them and played extremely well... and then he got hurt....

as for redick, well, if he can hit 3s, that will help cause they've sorely been lacking there

I liked Pietrus in GS. He would play defense and get into the paint. The few games that Ive seen from him in Orlando, he just camps out looking for the 3 ball.

BTW, I think Gortat will hold his own against philly. I just think the loss of Lee hurts just as much.

I think I remember CKR saying a year or 2 ago when LeBron missed a game that "no single player is worth 5 or 6 pts".

Orlando was -4 in game 4, so this shouldnt be more than -2, right? I guess Lee and Howard are out, so that is more than 1 guy.

You also have to figure that they're going to get a lot of Sixer action no matter what number they put up. So if you're the books I think you have to inflate it based on that, too.

You also have to figure that they're going to get a lot of Sixer action no matter what number they put up. So if you're the books I think you have to inflate it based on that, too.

must you always steal my thunder? :whip:

My personal feeling is they can't put out anything lower than -3, even there I'd expect them to be sided on Philly.

Oddly, though, I sort of expect Orlando to cover anything above a 5.

Maybe DiLeo (underrated as one of, if not the worst coach in the history of playoff basketball) will let Speights play now that Howards out...

Back