FYI Detroit/Orlando Game 5 Total

Marlo

Check out my DAD BOD
Played the Detroit under in game 6 of the Philly/Detroit series. If I remember right the total was 178, and it ended on 177. Real close, but the game went under.

Well here are some stats I took from my thread, and adjusted the numbers accordingly.

Here are some factors regarding Detroit in Elimination Games since the 2003/2004.

In 18 elimination games whether won/lost they are 14-5....74% to the under.

In 94 playoff games in this time period Detroit has gone under the total 52-39-3....56%

Last edited:
O/U set at 185.5

I think Im going to be on the under as well...

first, as you pointed out, the stats/trends definitley point to playing the under. you got the numbers to back that up.

as long as they can continue to frustrate dwight howard like they did last game, and shut him down, keeping him off the glass and forcing him away from the basket

turkoglu i think is similar to ginobli in a couple ways. one of them is that they are totally different players at home and on the road. both seem to feed off intensity/energy and home crowd. he's not going to be as big of a force as he was last game in the 4th q.

i think we see detroit dominate the paint and glass, totally limiting orlando's second chance looks, and we will see the magic becomne frustrated in turn settling for looks on and around the perimeter, which is exactly what detroit wants.

i think detroit can hold orlando to 80-85, although i do worry about det putting up 100. i think theyre going to be getting plenty of easy looks in the paint and also hounding the offensive glass

good job MARLO - i remember a lot of those games -
when DETROIT feels they're in a corner their defensive intensity rises -
looks good - good luck man !

I actually was aiting for BC to post this...but you had this last round as well...

even tho that Philly game came close..we had right call

Great work per usual kid...

I'll comment more in morning after I finish lambasting ETG's sis

oh i was on crack sorry marlo. hahhahaaa. i remember that night. we were holding our breath. til the last second. it was suns/warriors ball in the fourth.

^^^^

Well as much as I want to, I have been the biggest advocate for overs in this series.

Line opened @ 185- saw 186.5 and now I see 186.

Playing the 1st half under 93 big. I'm counting on Detroit bringing their defense tonight and shutting down Orlando at least for the 1st half. Don't like the game total because if it's close then ft's will be huge for the over. GL with the full game under if you play it.

Detroit now 15-5 to the under on elimination games.

Will bump this for game 7 of the Cleveland/Detroit series.

Back