Futures Investment...(Attn Twinkie)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I wanted to get this posted on Monday but was quit tired so my apologies but something to keep in mind. Obviously I am looking for value and I think this is worth a stab due to an injury. In week one, I honestly thought this might be a team of destiny this year and what a story it would be after last year. Since then, a big injury but I started mapping this out last week and Sundays result helps out quite a bit...

Superbowl Champion = New Orleans Saints +2000

Now, trust me I know what kind of competition is out there but hear me out...

First off, the NFC will have 6 teams.

I think at this point...

East gets the Cowboys
West gets the Rams
North gets 2 of the four
San Fran is the 5th (Philly will be right there, perhaps)
And the last spot will be our NFC South winner...

So, that means the Saints need to win the south or compete for the other at-large spot.

I think they win the South.

Lets think about this.

The Drew Brees injury is calling for around 6 weeks. Well, even if it is a bit longer, that is fine. Guess who has a bye week 6 weeks after the injury? The Saints. So, he is getting 8 weeks off before a potential start.

Now, the Saints are 2-1 right now while everyone else is 1-2. The upcoming Dallas and Chicago games will be hard but the other 3 are all winnable. Even if they go 2-3 here that means they are 4-4 going into the bye week before he comes back, hopefully.

I am not worried about Carolina or TB at all. Now, anything can happen but for now...not worried.

Atlanta will be just as lucky to be 4-4 at the same juncture.

I like this Falcons team, the defense is better but it seems Matty Ice is regressing a bit. We'll see... it is still Atlanta...

The season series for these two starts AFTER the bye week. That could really determine everything. I'll take my chances with this Saints team, that is quite motivated after last year...

----------------------------------------

Okay, lets say Drew comes back...they win division... can this team ultimately win the NFC?

Yes, imo. Now, will it be tough? Absolutely (@RetroVK ) They will not have the dome field advantage and the NFC has some good teams and defenses. But, at 20-1....I'll take my chances with an experienced team that is hungry.

Dallas and the Rams will be tough outs, obviously. The NFC Norris will beat the crap outta each other by then.

Could this value go up? It could. But, it could also go down. This was 2500 last week as I pondered it. Currently where I played it, it is down to +1850 as of this writing.

Either way, worth a few bucks imo.

Full disclosure, my only other NFL futures are...

Ravens AFC Central (number is gone... but still worth a play now)

Lions +10,000 (this is a annual play till I die, just for shits)

San Francisco +2500 (played last week... been pondering for a bit....two smart guys love this team...and I do like them a lot too)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, thoughts and discussion welcome as always...

LFG @twinkie13

Current SB numbers for me.
Detroit +4500
New Orleans +1200
San Fran +2000
Dallas +1000

New Orleans still favored to win NFC south at -200.
We’ll see where it’s after after those 2 losses.

Definitely worth a shot. I picked Baltimore and San Francisco in my auction pool at the beginning of the season. Still like both of their chances as well

So I really like the value. The NFC Stout is anything but. We should moonwalk to the division.
Last week was huge for that road win. IF they can stay healthy and Cook is what we think he is, well add Kamara and a Murray who still has a lilttle to show and prove.
Cool is really really key here. Because as great as Michael Thomas is, he is gonna be keyed on all year....doubles, jams all of it.
Teddy is gonna be the guy, but they need Hill to be involved too.
I think the defense has the fortitude as well.
You gettin value too now
I’m obviously pulling for you

Back