Future Play

livin_rite

Pretty much a regular
everyone might think i am crazy but i could see this being a real money maker......

300 to win 32000 detroit wins the super bowl.....

520 to win 300 detroit over 6 wins......

i figured if they do have a decent season and even make the playoffs then i can hedge it.....:prayer

you are on massive ammounts of illegal substances. can i have that 300 on teh SB play and turn that into 1000 by week 3 for you

i will be followin your picks but if they even make the playoffs i can hedge and make bundles......i hope by the end of the season i am up anyways...

Put down the crack pipe

better yet, put down your crack pipe and mail your 820 bucks to me instead.

Your betting on
- Matt Millen ( the idot) with a fetish for receivers, worst GM in the entire NFL who has the worst record since his tenure.
- Rod Merineili, a guy who has coached 1 season as a head coach, a bad/terrible team, and whose prior experience ends as a DL coach.
- Mike Martz is a good offensive coordinator, and is probably better suited to be head coach, but he isn't a very good head coach with those stupid decisions he made.
- a bad defense.
- a dome team with a bad defense.
- a RB coming back from major injury.

I know why you made this bet. You think that Mike Martz will transform this offense with Kitna, Roy Williams, CJ and Mike Furrey into the greatest show on turf ala the Rams, but even if that did happen ( odds are against that), the defense is still a joke.

Every year people make the LIONS RECEIVERS TURN INTO THE RAMS wager but it doesn't happen.

Put your money in an envelope and send it to me.:hang:

The over 6 wins isn't a bad play although the juice is pretty bad.

They will score oodles of points this year. The key is 4th quarters. They rarely got creamed last year. Kitna just imploded in almost every 4th qtr of close games.

The defense has looked much better this camp than in a long time. The backfield isn;t gonna be great and thats the biggest problem .Big Baby is out of shape and that hurts as well. Other than that the defense will b slightly improved. I expect an 8-8 or 9-7 season in all honesty.

That juice is terrible...

Your laying down almost 2/1 that the worst team in the NFL over Matt Millens tenure is going to be 1 game less than .500.

Your basically betting that the NFL graveyard known as detroit is going to finally reverse the trend... wake up, and be play nearly .500 ball.

Could the Lions go be a 7-9 or 8-8 team? Sure, but people have been losing money for years calling them a sleeper team. Their coachs resume doesn't impress me at all either. Sure they could go 7-9, but I wouldn't lay almost twice as much money down to say that they will. 2/1 money is for something with a much higher probabilty.

A better bet would be laying down 100 bucks on the eagles to win the super bowl. Right now that could swing you 1800 bucks in february, but earlier in the offseason you could have been looking at 3600 bucks.

Maybe Mcnabb choaks again, but if your only laying 100 bucks to win 3600, you could hedge it later in the playoffs.

The Eagles WILL make it to the playoffs. When you put down 100 to win 3600 on a team that WILL at least make the playoffs, that is a smart bet.

Betting that the Lions finally put it all together is much riskier IMO.

Shit, the Patriots were 12-1 earlier in the offseason. 100 bucks could have got you 1,200 if they win it all, and they are favorites to win it all.

honestly i think that they will be much better this year, they are in the second year of their offense and defense.....they lost alot of close games last year with stupid mistakes...i see them scoring alot of points and i see their defense being better in the second year of the cover /tampa 2....i see our D line being much inproved where we didn't have no pass rush last year....yeah marinelli was only a D line coach before he was a head coach but he was a d line coach for tampa....i don't see how our D line won't be much improved......last year roy williams was also always double covered which let furrey have 100 catches...how are u going to guard roy williams and charles johnson.....i don't see how this can't be the next greatest show on turf....mike martz is lovin it.....he has so many weapons....then on the offensive line we have additions.....george foster and the edwin mulitalo who are both good...now i know kevin jones is coming off injury but they aquired tatem bell....they had a brilliant offseason....i don't see how they are not going to be a good team.....OTHER THAN IT BEING THE LIONS.....i am a fan...but never bet on them on futures....this is the year.....

The cover 2 is so over hyped by the media right now

It is such a basic defense.

The reason why it was famous in tampa, is because the 02 Bucs ( and 01 etc.) were stacked with high round draft picks that could have won running any number of schmes. They numerous probowlers on that defense including Rice, sapp, Mcfarland, Brooks, Lynch, Barber, abraham. Those guys didn't have to run a tampa 2 to be successful. They won because they had a nasty dline, a super stud linebacker, super stud safety, stud corner etc.

Detroit doesn't have the talent to run this basic blanket defense. Their pass rush isn't as good as they need it to be. Their secondary isn't good enough either. Simms should be good, but you need much more than that. In fact, they wasted their money on their newest defensive end from tampa.

George Foster was a marginal starter that denver wanted to unload, you also had to give up a much more valueable cornerback to aquire him. In fact, the Lions got ripped off pretty bad. A good cornerback is a lot more important than a marginal starter right tackle. Denver didn't even want him. Denver showed us all how cb champ baily was a lot more valued than rb portis, well running back U just shiped off tatum bell for a shiney new cornerback.

Every receiver gets double covered. There are 7 guys in the secondary generally guarding 4 backs/receivers. Most NFL teams run almost exclusivly zone coverage anyways.

tell your bookie you want your money back and invest it in the stock market. Go sign up for a low cost index fund, and take your money out in 20 years and thank me later.

nobody ever got rich betting detroit lions superbowl futures.

The Lions were comical last year.

I remember after the thanksgiving game, people were laying some pretty low blows. It wasn't anything to do with how the lions shit the bed and lost a home game, or didn't represent on thanksgiving...

people were questioning the state of the Lions...

Joe Fan: Geez, I never really get to watch the Lions ( because they suck), but now that it was thanksgiving I got to watch them ( and they suck). I am glad I don't have to watch them on national televison very often ( because they suck). This franchise really went down the toilet ever since Barry retired. The Lions, the city of detriot, and the fords should be embarassed.

speaking of the fords, they can't run a football team and they can't even make cars anymore. My air conditioner doesn't work and yadda yadda yadda.

I thought people were taking low blows with the car comments.

nobody ever got rich betting detroit lions superbowl futures

maybe you could be the first livin rite?

i am not sayin i think they will win the superbowl but i do think they will be a playoff team this year.....we will see i love when everyone is against me.....you never know till after the season.....so if they do make the playoffs i will be hedging me bet and makin money.......

i am not sayin i think they will win the superbowl

then why bet them to win the Superbowl?

how would the hedging work anyways. Bet on every other team to win the Super Bowl once the playoffs start? I don't see a profitable hedging strategy even if by some miracle they do make the playoffs. Then again its the lions winning the superbowl so any talk of strategy is irrelevant.

hedging a bet that pays out this good is the easy part makin the playoffs is the hard part......i just see a turn around....alot of positives and see alot of value in the play....really i play 200 to 300 on every play and sometimes even halves i really am not worried about it if i lose....i will be askin for how much i should hedge on each game if they do make the playoffs to see how i can maximize profit.....GOOD LUCK TO ALL in the upcoming season i will try to post my plays but i get lazy......i will be checking out this sight since i have found alot of knowlegde and hard work is put into this site....

hedging a bet that pays out this good is the easy part makin the playoffs is the hard part......i just see a turn around....alot of positives and see alot of value in the play....really i play 200 to 300 on every play and sometimes even halves i really am not worried about it if i lose....i will be askin for how much i should hedge on each game if they do make the playoffs to see how i can maximize profit.....GOOD LUCK TO ALL in the upcoming season i will try to post my plays but i get lazy......i will be checking out this sight since i have found alot of knowlegde and hard work is put into this site....

:cheers:

lions 2-0

offense looks great as predicted and defense looks improved.....

not really playing but one or 2 picks per week and not really postin just like how my team looks.....

hope everyone is doing good...

gl to all

Back