FSU will be back very soon

SHSUHorn

Thief
Yes they lost Kevin Steele to Bama but word is Chuck Amato will be coming back to replace him. Also they got Jimbo Fisher from LSU to take over for Bowden. Another good hire is former Nole Lawrence Dawsey to coach the WRs. Dawsey is young and a damn good recruiter. Rick Trickett is now the OL coach and he did amazing job while at WVU.

Damn good hires by FSU.

I haven't read anything where Jimbo Fisher is officially being hired by FSU. Did I miss it? Why is he being rumored to go to Alabama under Saban?

Bob Hope said:
I haven't read anything where Jimbo Fisher is officially being hired by FSU. Did I miss it? Why is he being rumored to go to Alabama under Saban?

Hasn't happened yet just heard it from someone in the know of the FSU athletic department. He was the one that told me about Bowden being fired before it happened. But he did tell me this before Saban was hired.

Rick Trickett going to FSU is a big sign though since he is very close with Fisher being with him at Auburn and LSU.

Plus Saban is a dick to work for and Fisher would be lining himself up to take over FSU when Bowden finally crokes.

Word that I got was Saban was going to go after is Packers QB and former Bills OC coach Tom Clements to run his offense.

But who knows Bama could throw a shit load of money at him and snag him.

cubsker said:
where does all of this money from Bama come from?

Alumni and Boosters. It goes under the name, "donations to the university".

Also, don't forget that conferences split money between their teams. The SEC, year in and year out, sends more teams to bowls than any other conference in America. They are getting paid quite nicely again this season.

Horn, Agree those hires are nice..

All of those Frosh that played this yr and gained experience are only going to get better as well.

This is from htownhorn off the Longhorn site who is connected with someone within the FSU program.

The FSU president, AD, and Bobby Bowden are beyond pissed at Fisher. Right after the game he comes to Bowden and says he'll accept the deal and then Saban comes calling. He then says to FSU he'll have to think about it, Bama doubles their offer but he then decides to stick to FSU. Now, with the possibility of the Georgia Tech job opening up Fisher is saying he's not sure and wants to take his time. Needless to say everybody at FSU is fed up with this lying sack of crap and they decided to tell him their is no more offer. Look for FSU to go after USC's QB coach or Chris Hatcher the head coach of Valdosa State.

I don't even think Fisher will be allowed to go back to L$U because their were rumors that he was recruiting kids to other SEC schools.

OK which is it . Fish or no Fish ? FYI ( you prolly already know)Fishers IN is actually a connection to another Bowden , when he was at Auburn. Hopefully Bobbby learned his lesson bout family and friends.Who you know connected to the program bro ? It aint M.B. ' 80 from Pittsburg is it ? Hes around ya know lol anyways agreed Amato and the guy from WVA are good hires. Dawsey was a good WR, still has to prove he can coach. Will take your word hes a good recruiter. SOunds like they are gettin the ship righted !!!

only 5-10% of sabans salary is being paid by the university. a pass the cap fundraiser was put into effect to pay for Shulas 4mil dollar buyout and 16mil was raised in 1 week. There are alot of rich old guys around here that really want to win...

just confirming shsuhorn's info... its now official jumbo fisher now fsu's oc. cannot wait until next year now. its just a shame they're losing timmons on the defensive side.

Clipped from The GAinesville Sun today

"FLORIDA STATE: The hope in Tallahassee is that the buzz over the hiring of new offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher away from LSU will pay big dividends come Signing Day.

And it very well could. Fisher is a proven commodity in producing great offenses and developing players, and he is an excellent recruiter.

Fisher is expected to arrive in Tallahassee by this weekend, the first big visit weekend before Signing Day.

Four-star offensive tackle Antwane Greenlee, a soft verbal commitment to Georgia, is one player who sounds excited about Fisher coming aboard for the Garnet and Gold.

"Florida State always has one of the best defenses in the country, and now that they have added this new offensive coordinator things have begun to fall into place for them," said Greenlee, a 6-6, 302-pounder out of Columbus (Ga.) Hardaway. Five-star athlete Chad Jones, who said he goes way back with Fisher, also believes the Seminoles got the right guy for the job. Jones is scheduled to visit this weekend.

"It was just nice to hear that they hired another coach that I have a good relationship with," said Jones, who prepped at Baton Rouge Southern Lab. "I have been talking to Jimbo since I was in the ninth grade. We don't even talk about football most of the time, we just talk about anything. "

I tend to agree with Horn. Both of those QB's are capable. And they've got another good one that's younger than Weatherford and Lee.

Let's see what happens when we get rid of the young Bowden and bring back some of the quality assistants.

I'm convinced Bobby has a few good years left in him - so long as he surrounds himself with more quality assistants like they had in the 90s.

both qbs are miserable.. i dont care if they were 10 stars.. lee is garbage more than drew

Anyway amato is back

Back