Friday's Milleb...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Ended 0-2 and -4.58 ayer. Now 8-11 and -7.58 in 2014. Very frustrating way to lose the Red Sox game. Runners everywhere, no less than six warning track flyouts and generally shots all over the field from start to finish. Right side, wrong result deal. Reds a frustrating loss as well; Homer didn't have it and wasting two homers from Frazier and the two lefties getting aboard against Siegrist (finally) didn't sit well with me, either.

I scribbled down 11.5 under for the Cub total and then watched in horror as CRIS opened 13.5. LMAO, they beat that down to where I thought pretty quickly. Weird day, showers possible, temps in low 40s yet humid and wind blowing out to center at 25 mph. If Carmona's sinker doesn't sink, the pedestrians on Waveland and Sheffield had better be wearing helmets.

Lean Pirates; Cole is their unmistakable ace and they beat Miller four times last year. Price a bit high for now, will lay -110 if it pops later.

Leakie awfully cheap against Mejia. Reddies found some ways to lose two games earlier this week but they are clearly superior to the Metropolitans all across the board. Timmy: still got my Reds hat on!

The play: Cincy -106 medium 2u

Koehler was the best pitcher for Florida all spring, and another of their young flamethrowers. At home, he can't be a dog to soft-tossing Stults and the sad-sack Friars.

The play: Fish +105 medium 2u

Sanchez has been on the shelf for 3-plus weeks. Gonzalez stone sucks. Not sure why they're playing in the daytime in Detroit today considering they've been at home, but it can't hurt. The ump is still an unknown to me, but i'll bite.

The play: OVER 8 +109 medium 2u.

Oakland looking a bit too high again but I'll pass for now; not sure what we'll get from Chris Young. He was a Senator less than 72 hours ago.

How in the hell is Peavy so cheap here? Boston in a home opener and against a mid-level NL Central team and an average pitcher? They got me.

The play: Boston -1 -106 (remember, it's two bets, -148 and -1.5 +135, that average it out to -106) big for 3 units...

here's the -1 calculator:
http://sportsobjective.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/ML1runcalc.php

GL today; i'll be in and out of threads as time permits. VERY busy today...

:shake:

Playing in daytime here due to early homestand. They do this every year in early April, this year they have so many home games early it looks funny. Every game this week is a 1:05 affair.

thanks Big Al.

This game not starting until 1:20 ish for some reason. Orioles I guess had some problems getting to their hotel. Not sure where things went wrong, but the MASN guys said they didn't get to hotel til after 4 a.m. Yikes.

I also saw them interview a guy named Adam Gladstone; a former umpire who Buck uses as the "challenge" guy. Gary Thorne's interview with him was a good one. Here is the story.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/2014/03/26/orioles-make-unique-choice-for-replay-guru

Playing in daytime here due to early homestand. They do this every year in early April, this year they have so many home games early it looks funny. Every game this week is a 1:05 affair.

Nobody wants to walk around Detroit at night...:)

Nobody wants to walk around Detroit at night...:)

Lol

Rexy what price are we expecting on king Felix tomorrow? I am hoping they make a mistake with him because I am expecting to be on the Seattle fade train all year long.

agree on cole, not sure i want to pay juice to bet against the best franchise in baseball though. I feel like I like the fish everyday

funny you say that about seattle, i think they are going to win the division and should still be undefeated. i guess we just don't see eye to eye there (good top end starters, a removal of Saunders and Harang from the rotation, bad record in 1-run games largely because of their 29th-ranked pen which is due to regress some, big jump in OB percentage because of Cano, Hart, Morrison)... he'll lay a fairly big price tomorrow, and if he doesn't, i'll be all over the Bags again.

I have Seattle as best in the division as well, Rexy. Bullpen should be pretty solid this year as well.

thanks Big Al.

This game not starting until 1:20 ish for some reason. Orioles I guess had some problems getting to their hotel. Not sure where things went wrong, but the MASN guys said they didn't get to hotel til after 4 a.m. Yikes.

I also saw them interview a guy named Adam Gladstone; a former umpire who Buck uses as the "challenge" guy. Gary Thorne's interview with him was a good one. Here is the story.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/2014/03/26/orioles-make-unique-choice-for-replay-guru

O's game with Boston was over around 10ish and it was raining like hell in Baltimore. By the time they were showered and ready to roll it had to be after 12...

Love listening to Thorne do games. I know many don't like Palmer but those two make a good pairing. Jim tells it like it is

funny you say that about seattle, i think they are going to win the division and should still be undefeated. i guess we just don't see eye to eye there (good top end starters, a removal of Saunders and Harang from the rotation, bad record in 1-run games largely because of their 29th-ranked pen which is due to regress some, big jump in OB percentage because of Cano, Hart, Morrison)... he'll lay a fairly big price tomorrow, and if he doesn't, i'll be all over the Bags again.

i guess to be fair this is largely on a game-by-game basis and a lot is based on their park being conducive to low-scoring games and their lineup without any protection for Cano (Smoak's never proven he can be consistent and I'd love to see Hart/Morrison at the plate when I need an out), but Felix only opened -120 so i hope you get more than your fill and the number shoots up

I have Smoak on my fantasy team, lmao, different strokes for different folks.

doggy, the Baltimore announcers are among the few that I put in the mediocre category.

For me, there are tiers. There is the Vin Scully Tier. No one else is allowed there.

After that, in no order, but 2 through 8 are always good to listen to, either for entertainment or information (or in the White Sox's case, entertainment from one announcer and education from the other). Cubs, Frisco, Cincy, Mets, Chi Sox, Yankees, Boston. I try to make it a point to have audio from them on my MLB package when their teams are playing.

The Balty, Seattle, Tampa, KC (Rex Hudler is an acquired taste, lmao), and Milwaukee crews (I am warming to Brian Anderson after being unable to stand his voice for a few years) are all in Tier III. That's 13 i can take; the other 17 I try to avoid if I can.

I've said in in-games that the most curious thing for me this season is to see how the Seattle offense operates at home with the confidence that the Cano signing should inject into it. Firmly believe guys in Seattle, SD, etc are already deflated mentally due to the ballparks before the season starts and I'm interested to see if Smoak and family might suddenly see the ball more clearly this year.

aplous, there are no edges whatsoever in this basketball. Sharp money for both dogs and favorites in the two games tomorrow, i have no clue what is right and am sitting out both games. Gun to head I think both SEC teams cover.

doggy, the Baltimore announcers are among the few that I put in the mediocre category.

For me, there are tiers. There is the Vin Scully Tier. No one else is allowed there.

After that, in no order, but 2 through 8 are always good to listen to, either for entertainment or information (or in the White Sox's case, entertainment from one announcer and education from the other). Cubs, Frisco, Cincy, Mets, Chi Sox, Yankees, Boston. I try to make it a point to have audio from them on my MLB package when their teams are playing.

The Balty, Seattle, Tampa, KC (Rex Hudler is an acquired taste, lmao), and Milwaukee crews (I am warming to Brian Anderson after being unable to stand his voice for a few years) are all in Tier III. That's 13 i can take; the other 17 I try to avoid if I can.

No one on the planet like him past or present. It's a pleasure every chance I get to hear his voice.

100% spot on with this. Although I would add one more as I'm a big Dick Enberg guy and love him on Padres broadcasts.

I miss Grace and Sutton. Fun guys tend to get fired for having a little too much fun I guess.

how did Sutton get axed? I left out one group - Oakland's team is also in Tier II; those guys are good. I can buy Enberg for Diego at home in Tier III. Does he still travel?

Agree on Vin. I actually have a framed photo of him on the wall in my fireplace room at home. I guess what I like about Palmer is his brutal honesty about the organization which those who aren't O's diehards like me probably don't give a shit about. He never bites his tongue when the organization needs bashed, and with an owner like Angelos there is plenty to complain about.

I also like Enberg although I like him doing football more than bases. I grew up on Enberg and Merlin Olsen calling those wild AFC west games in the Fouts/Plunkett/Largent era.

Agree on Vin. I actually have a framed photo of him on the wall in my fireplace room at home. I guess what I like about Palmer is his brutal honesty about the organization which those who aren't O's diehards like me probably don't give a shit about. He never bites his tongue when the organization needs bashed, and with an owner like Angelos there is plenty to complain about.

I also like Enberg although I like him doing football more than bases. I grew up on Enberg and Merlin Olsen calling those wild AFC west games in the Fouts/Plunkett/Largent era.

Funny part about that is: that is exactly why they fired Jon Miller (according to the organization). There may have been more going on there that wasn't told, but at the time, they said that "Miller didn't bleed black and orange" and so he was let go.

Palmer has the clout in Baltimore for his 20 seasons of services. That and he doesn't give a fuck. He'd probably be content not to work.

I used to love listening to Jon Miller (even after he left Baltimore) but I can't take him anymore. He comes off as too much of a knowitall

how did Sutton get axed? I left out one group - Oakland's team is also in Tier II; those guys are good. I can buy Enberg for Diego at home in Tier III. Does he still travel?

Enberg doing 100+ games this season so I expect him to travel to some of the bigger match ups.

The thing with Miller is that he's on radio more often than TV. Krukow and Kuiper are the #1 team in baseball IMO. Mets team is pretty close behind too.

Sutton wanted to call his own shots, probably got too big a head on his shoulders and pissed off the brass. Think he wanted to wear a suit on polo day or some bullshit and it snowballed from there, and he and Grace were already toeing the line because they challenged managerial decisions too much according to ownership and called it like they saw it instead of making everything pro-snake.

And that's why we now get Brenly and Berthiaume doing exactly that which equates to sucking.

arizona's booth went from top 3-4 in the league to bottom 3 or 4 without Gracie.

I like the Giants guys some, but for me, i guess in order if i HAD to choose from Tier II, in order, I'd say the Mets guys, Yankee guys (Michael Kay is great and i like all of those sidekicks, i think they rotate like 6 of them lmao), Boston now that Remy is back (Eck is a dropoff in the booth), Cincy, Oakland, Frisco, Cubs.... and Hawk and Stoney for entertainment purposes, mostly.

The Doyers look like absolute shit today. Laydown spot at this point.

By the way - Buck Martinez in the Toronto booth has to be the worst out there. I'm tuning in to watch the Tanaka debut and can't stomach this bastard....

Nothing interesting to say, and that nasally whiny voice. Fuck..

Back