Friday's Milleb...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Took a bath ayer. Ended 2-5 and -8.66, with the Doyer game really being two losses instead of just one with the additional RL play. Now 86-82-4 and +70.19 on the season.

Mets line was way out of whack, but I didn't need to bet them. Let's just say I am rooting for them anyway in G1 and I'm sure you guys can interpret that however you want.

Waino has gotten about as cheap as you'll see, as I expect pokers to drive the Cards up later. Minor has been solid, but is better on the road than at home and Wainwright is a true ace and usually very good in this price range.

The play: STL -107 medium 2u

I like OVER in Denver, but they must be putting balls in the freezer before the humidifier, or after, or whatever it takes to keep the scoring down. The 21 combined runs in the four games with the Marlins this week were the lowest four-game series output in Coors Field history. Hard for me to go OVER 9.5 with all of that going on, but I did make the game 10o15.

I must have Fat Boy CC rated above everyone because I am on Tampa every game and i actually made the Yankees closer to a quarter today. Pass. A slight lean to Boston but see little value in taking them here.

Quintana was as lucky as any pitcher I've ever seen last weekend against Atlanta. Laser beams were getting hit all over the yard, and the Braves left a ton of men on base and gave Minor very little help, but were also very unfortunate. Quintana is a guy I have circled and vowed to get going forward, so when I saw this matchup a couple of days ago I knew i'd see inside 20 cents, when the right line is closer to 50. Shields threw in a par or slightly worse start last time but this is a good spot for the Royals to resume their winning ways with him pitching, and the series win over the Orioles gives them a bit of confidence going on the road to face the worst team in the division.

The play: Kansas City -115 medium to big, Kansas City -1.5 +144 medium. Total of 4.5 units here, a very big play for me.

Fat Boy Bart vs. Anaheim. See my writeup and play last Sunday if you need details. He will be chuckling at them for 7-8 innings just like last time. These guys have no answer for him. An easy lay with Anaheim throwing a AA-worthy pitcher again.

The play: Oakland -1 run -113 big 3.5 units. (Use the calculator to lay ML and RL for equal amounts!) - http://sportsobjective.com/wordpress/?page_id=3167

Will stalk some umps, particularly EDDINGS, and possibly add a total or two later, but that's it for now.

GL fellas and have a great weekend!

:shake:

Do you think Chatwood struggles?

Don't mean to butt in here. I don't think Chatwood struggles at all tonight. He's shown no signs of that - pitched 8 innings in LA and only gave up 1 run on 7/13. The Brewers have gone under 8 out of their last 10 games, this isn't exactly a pitcher who will allow an awful lineup to break that spell. I'm going under as Peralta has been dealing very well as of late too. 9 of the last 10 games for the Rockies have gone under with both teams having good to above average pen numbers.

Peralta has given up 1 run in his last 29 innings!

yes i feel the same way... i feel like im better off going with the rox runline instead of the over

I am going to leave that game alone. I wish you all luck with it; I have done poorly on my totals since the break so it's an easy pass, and I don't like either pitcher. Surely to God Peralta can't keep this up; the guy has been a stiff his whole career.

yeah ive lost enough times in this under run at coors, the rockies have no plate discipline whatsoever

CKR: thank you for the KC and A's picks. If I was an oilman I could not find oil in an Exxon station. I read your selections in MLB ( and all the regular posters) and then do my own handicapping (as if i know what i am doing). Put a ton down on KC and A's tonite and then went for drinks....best night all summer. Appreciate

hi bones,

key part of the equation - doing your own work. If this thread can help you supplement your own opinion with winners, then that's great. As my friend Vas reminded me the other night, my work has often not been flattering and I can lose (and have lost) as easily as I can win. This run is real good for my mental state heading into football and I'm glad it's helping some folks around CTG get into their man as well...

:goal:

Back