Friday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Not a good day for me last night. Tulsa 2H helped out some but I lost more on Ball State 2H too and I'm mad at myself for not realizing the talent gap in Starkville. It wasn't going to get any better after LSU got to 17-0 and I should have laid anything under 10.

The second half in Corvallis was a dead giveaway, after Utah lost Johnson for the game early on. I had a feeling points would come tough for the Utes, and they were outscored 17-0, so that was a good halftime. Had I not been at the bar watching, I would have made a special thread about that for everyone to take advantage of the situation.

Onto tonight: There really isn't all that much to love about either game tonight. I laid 20 on Navy early in the week; more of a Temple fade because I'm not sure if they'll ever stop that offense.

I also lean to Syracuse to keep it inside a FG if they don't win outright tonight. Not saying I think they will have much success (I bet them UNDER season wins) but this is a good spot for them and they always do well ATS at home in non-con games.

If anything comes for second half plays, I'll post in this thread but I would only recommend a play at Navy -20 or less (which is what I have small)...

Back later tonight with tomorrow's stuff. GL!

:cheers:

SU showed their nonconf toughness w/ the performance agianst Iowa last year, so I expect a good effort from them..

I'm more interested in watching Udub as they have some good fade spots comign up IMO..

U're right, neither game are worth a shit.

Better luck tonight Rexy.

Thanks jump...

This was posted in Gen Discussion but some of yas don't make it over that way, so I'll throw it in here too...

This is one of the things I miss about not being home....

I'll tell a brief story about this before you guys read it.

I graduated from Clarksville in 1995... my father was the boys head basketball coach there from 1984-1999. So I grew up with both of these two guys. The Charlestown coach now - he was a year ahead of me in school and his dad was our football coach. The Clarksville coach now was three years behind me but his older brother was my age and their dad was an assistant coach for both football and basketball teams... he passed away a couple of years ago but everyone loved him (he was like my second dad)...

Billy and Jason and I were pretty inseperable as kids. Billy is Brad's assistant. They both played at Campbellsville University in Kentucky and after Billy graduated, he was an assistant while Brad was playing. I had many fun times going down there and this is each of their first years at these respective jobs.

Jason has bounced around trying to get head coaching jobs for years before settling on several assistant's jobs. He finally got on at Louisville Shawnee last year but when this job opened up he got a crack (he lives in Clarksville and commutes about 15 miles to Charlestown every day)... while Brad is a little younger and has been an assistant at a couple of Louisville jobs before the Clarksville job opened up when the old coach went to a bigger school a few miles away.

Both of these guys are class acts; married with kids and sometimes I wish I would have liked kids more when I was younger... coulda got into coaching like my dad and like they did and maybe I'd still be back home doing this like they are...

Jason, Billy and I are part of a core group of Maddenites who began back in 92 on the Sega Genesis but Brad is prolly a little better than all of us. My last year in the league was 2003-04 on PS2 - I had to resign my post when I left for Hawaii and, eventually, here... but they still go at it the best I know, hahaha....

Anyways, I will really miss not being there tonight. This is something I'm sure Butch (Billy and Brad's dad) is going to enjoy watching from upstairs - as it is, I'll have to call my dad for updates later tonight....

Here's the link. Cool shit.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...29/1002/SPORTS

Hey I Was Reading In Your Thread About Clarksville/charlestown Game And Realized Where You Were Talking About. I Referee Football And Have Already Done Clarksville Providence/ Floyd Central Game Last Week. I Have Chalestown /lawrenceburg Game The Last Game Of The Season. Just Good To See Another Southern Indiana Boy On Here. Best Of Luck On The Year To You. By The Way I Graduated From South Spencer In Rockport.

Haha, a football ref on CTG... gotta love it! Dont take that the wrong way... just makes me wonder what I would be like if I were reffin' games... ehhh.... nevermind, i know the answer :seeya:

... and I'm mad at myself for not realizing the talent gap in Starkville. It wasn't going to get any better after LSU got to 17-0 and I should have laid anything under 10.

I tried telling you, man... as long as you capitalize on it next time, you'll make the money back

GL tonight

BigTrucker: You were a Rebel, eh? I met a couple of hot chicks in college from down there...

For future reference, Providence High School is in Clarksville - but don't refer to it as Clarksville Providence. That's like calling Duke University ... Duke North Carolina University.... hahaha

I'll keep the HS gambling references out of any future threads you might view, hahaha

Once A Rebel Always A Rebel. I Feel The Love U Have For Providence. There Students At Floyd Central Last Friday Night Ran Through Floyd Centrals Tunnel Of Students And Parents And Torn The Sign The Players Were Getting To Run Through. I Thought We Were Going To Have A Riot Before The Game Started. It Was Actually Funny. Cops Had To Come Over And Watch There Fans.

Back