FriDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
There have been many bad days/nites in MLB this season for the ole hound but yesterday he knocked 'the mans' dick in the dirt going 16-4-0 +30.86...and it sure felt gooooood. ytd now @ -21.63 now with just a small glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel for getting back on the Plus side before the end.

Fri
952 Chicago Cubs* -171 vs St. Louis Cardinals x3 ....
the Cubs have a big advantage of being able to sleep in their own beds after such a short turnaround. Card had to put Adams on the disabled list entering this series and then lost Holliday to a broken hand when he was hit by a pitch in the 10th. Diaz is also still out, so the Cubs are definitely facing a depleted rival , but -171 price sure is steep, even with Arrieta (13-5, 2.59) on the mound.Wainwright (9-6, 4.34), has already pitched in two wins against the Cubs this season, so the Cardinals (+165) may be enticing despite their wounded state for some value better but not me. Cubbies closer Chapman has pitched the last two nights and hasn’t pitched in three straight since June 4-6, the only time the Yankees did that with him this season. Key setup man Strop also went on the DL Thursday after suffering a knee injury, so Maddon may have to be creative with his bullpen if Arrieta can’t duplicate his last effort, where he worked eight shutout innings at Oakland. Wainwright comes off one of his worst performances of the season, losing 6-3 to Atlanta.

953 Atlanta Braves* +250 vs Washington Nationals x half
953 Atlanta Braves/Washington Nationals* Under 7½ -105 ...If Foltynewicz is on then the Braves have a chance... but if not…

955 Colorado Rockies* -136 vs Philadelphia Phillies x half ... playing the Rocks bats here
955 Colorado Rockies/Philadelphia Phillies* Over 8 -125 x half

958 New York Mets* -149 vs San Diego Padres x half...
957 San Diego Padres/New York Mets* Over 8 -148 x1 .... maybe the only reason to watch this game is Padres rank third in the major leagues with 99 stolen bases and the Mets catchers have thrown out only 30 of 132 opposing baserunners

959 Cincinnati Reds* +110 vs Milwaukee Brewers x1....playing against the Brewers SP Nelson,
Nelson has struggled the last three times out with an 0-3 record with a 2.46 WHIP and 9.69 ERA.
959 Cincinnati Reds/Milwaukee Brewers* Over 9 -105 x1

961 Pittsburgh Pirates* +155 vs Los Angeles Dodgers x half
961 Pittsburgh Pirates/Los Angeles Dodgers* Over 7 -155 x1 ....I think the Pirates can hit Stripling

Rays/Yanks NP , I cant get my arem around either of these tms GL

966 Toronto Blue Jays* -127 vs Houston Astros x 1
965 Houston Astros/Toronto Blue Jays* Over 9 -110 x half ... second timeJays have seen Musgrove and they should make some adjustments and put some runs on the board, rookie against this powerful Blue Jays offense is a problem imo Stros struggle against left handed pitching, hitting just .236 off lefties, plus Liriano looked good in his first start in a Toronto uniform

968 Cleveland Indians* -1 -121 vs Los Angeles Angels x3 ....lets call this a 'feeling''...
967 Los Angeles Angels/Cleveland Indians* Over 7 -210 x half

969 Detroit Tigers* +188 vs Texas Rangers x half
969 Detroit Tigers* +2½ -190 vs Texas Rangers x half
969 Detroit Tigers/Texas Rangers* Over 9 -120 x1
I spent way to much time capping this game and decided just to take the + $ and +runs. Even though the Tigs and Rangers appear to be headed in opp dir, I feel this is a pretty close game.Even though Tex has added Beltran and Lucroy, there something here that doesnt feel right to me

Do not expect Folty to be on. He likes the day and on 5. He is on 4 and night.
Already hit Texas. Sanchez still stinks on the road although much better at home.
Mixed feelings on Pitt as Nova has stunk on 5,
Liking Cleveland.
GL

Back