FriDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
fri

another full day at the hospital and a group of five docs still cant agree on a plan of attack ohwell, if i didnt like and trust these particular docs i would fire them all and start over lol..one of them today said 'i want to see u do another triathlon on ur 84 birthday...of course we all laughed cause it has been 20 yr since i did my last,,,and old farts dont do that shit
still one game outstanding as i write but we are up tby 0.9

i know i will by myself on this one because who in there right mind for a Cubbies tm that aint playing all of that well at the moment and Phillies are bettr that usual
early
CUBS -270 x2 ... Lester has a 1.93 ERA against the Phillies in the last three seasons, and he has a .190 opponent batting average at home this season so I think the Phillies will be hard pressed to score runs in this one. Morgan has’t been very effective this season, allowing 27 hits in 25.2 innings and I think the Cubs should take this one easily. I would even take the Cubs on the run line for the value for another 2
btw,
The Phillies are definitely not a team that depends on their offense to win games. They are only hitting .226 with runners in scoring posting and have only scored 110 runs with runners in scoring position this season, which is ranked 28th in all of baseball. The Phillies low scoring offense is averaging just 3.30 runs per game, placing them down at 29th overall, and are hitting .236 as a team.

phillies are

• 1-4 in Morgan’s last 5 road starts.
  • 0-4 in Morgan’s last 4 starts against the NL Central.
  • 4-12 in their last 16 games against a starter with a WHIP of less than 1.15.

GLTA

BOS +125 x2 ...ok, I'll take this every nite with the way the Jays are playing I think I can win the large majority. Red Sox check in at 1st in the league in scoring, putting up 5.96 rpg, while also ranking 1st in hitting at .298 and 11th in homers with 54. Boston has hit .275 overall on the road, including .279 vs righties. The Red Sox have averaged 4.68 rpg and have allowed 4.00 rpg on the road this year. On the mound Boston has been a bit below average as they come in ranked 16th in the league in ERA at 4.00, while also ranking 13th in WHIP at 1.29. On the road Red Sox starters have an ERA of 4.31, while their pen has an ERA of 3.21.Kelly is off an impressive start in his first game back from the DL. In that game he allowed 0 ERs on one hit and actually took a no-hitter into the 7th inning. He won the game 9-1 and is now 2-0 with a 5.28 ERA in four starts so far this year. Kelly is 8-5 with a 5.10 ERA in his last 24 starts on the road, while vs the Blue Jays in his career he is 1-1 with a 6.97 ERA in six starts, including 0-1 with a 9.20 ERA in three starts here at Rogers....mean while back at the ranch, Jays continue to struggle as they have won just four of their last 11 games, which has now dropped them into a last place tie with the Tampa Bay Rays. They did just go 4-2 on a recent road trip, but now they are back home where they have gone just 9-13 on the year. They are one of 14 teams this year that currently have a .500 or worse home record so far. A big reason for their struggles this year has been their offense, which returned almost intact after leading the league in runs scored by a wide margin last year, but so far this year they are ranked 19th in the league in scoring, putting up just 4.04 rpg, while also ranking 25th in hitting at .234 and 6th in homers with 61. The Blue Jays have hit .239 overall at home, including .228 vs righties. That’s just not going to cut it for this team

First off Mr Hound my prayers are with you, I wish you a speedy recovery .......

Series Pitching Matchups:

Texas vs Pittsburgh

Yu Darvish makes his first start of the season, coming off surgery. He's been throwing very well in his rehab starts.

Niese 4-2 4.75 vs Hamels 5-0 2.83
Nicasio 4-3 4.46 vs Darvish 0-0
Liriano 4-3 4.30 vs Perez 2-4 3.13

Dodgers vs Mets

Some big time pitchers going in this series & a 19 year old rookie
Julio Urias starts Friday night.
Dodgers looking for last years playoff loss to the Mets. Kershaw goes Sunday.

Urias 0-0 vs De Grom 3-1 3.07
Maeda 3-3 3.29 vs Syndergaard 5-2 1.94
Kershaw 7-1 1.48 vs Colon 4-3 3.44

Phillies vs Cubs

Morgan 1-2 5.61 vs Lester 4-3 2.60
Eickhoff 2-6 3.86 vs Hendricks 2-4 3.30
Velasquez 5-1 2.75 vs Lackey 4-2 3.38

Cardinals vs Nats

Garcia 3-4 3.59 vs Scherzer 5-3 3.80
Wainwright 4-3 5.77 vs Gonzalez 3-2 2.87
Wacha 2-5 vs Strasburg 8-0 2.79

Sorry to hear you not feeling up to par. Those Docs better get their heads out of theirs & get you back in the game:prayer..... There is mlb $$ to be made!!! Thinking of you you & hoping all goes well,

So sorry you are having a bad time right now Blood, hang in there my friend and BOL.

Blood, it's my opinion you're not leaving anytime soon so please keep trucking my friend. This forum is a fantastic place for you to reside and keep us on the winning side my brotha!

Back