FriDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
Thur went 9-8-0 -0.17 ytd =-25.64

902 Chicago Cubs* -260
vs Atlanta Braves x2 .....as long as I have done this stuff I have never gotten used to playing this kind of juice, I just grunt and do it. No, its not good management of ur finance but what ae u going to do, play the Braves...I dont think so as Braves come in ranked 29th in the league in scoring, putting up just 3.29 rpg, while also ranking 29th in hitting (.224) and 30th in homers (four). The pitching has not been good at all as they come in ranked 27th in ERA at 5.07, while also ranking 27th in WHIP at 1.47 and 14th in Ks (168). Brave starters have an ERA of 5.27, while their pen has an ERA of 4.79.Blair is off his 1st MLB start, which was a 3-2 loss at home vs the Mets. In that game he allowed three earned runs on six hits and two walks in just 5.1 innings of work. He was 3-0 with a 1.42 ERA at AAA Gwinnett in three starts this year and was 26-13 with a 3.13 ERA in 67 games (66 starts) in his minor league career overall.
As far as the Cubbies, they enter this game ranked 2nd in the league in scoring, putting up 6.15 rpg, while also ranking 10th in hitting at .255 and 8th in homers with 26. On the mound the Cubs have been excellent as they come in ranked 3rd in the league in ERA at 2.58, 1st in WHIP at 0.96 and 15th in Ks with 173. Cub starters have an ERA of 2.34, while their pen has an ERA of 3.26.Lester is 2-1 with a 1.98 ERA in four starts this year. Last year for the Cubs he was 11-12 with a 3.34 ERA in 32 starts, including 7-9 with a 3.60 ERA in 20 starts here at Wrigley. Lester is 3-2 with a 2.78 ERA in five career starts vs the Braves and he is 40-27 with a 3.13 ERA in his career during day games.

Last edited:
904 Pittsburgh Pirates* -158 vs Cincinnati Reds x1 ...Straily hasn’t been that bad as a starter, but still the Reds have gone just 1-8 on the road and are outmatched in this game in all phases imo

906 New York Mets* -144 vs San Francisco Giants x1 ..... The Mets as a team are playing decent ball and the Giants have not been a good road team overall, especially when Peavy is on the mound vs a solid home team.

Thanks Lefty, Long ways to go until I feel like a good capper again
Hope U find All winners today
:cheers3:

looking at a few more today, not trying to push any plays on U, but I found a few reasons to take a chance on these

907 Miami Marlins* -105 vs Milwaukee Brewers x1
907 Miami Marlins/Milwaukee Brewers* Over 8 -140 x1
Conley is 0-1, 5.12 in four starts this month (over 2-1-1) Davies is 0-2, 10.80 in two starts this season (over 1-1).
Marlins won their last five games; five of their last seven games went over the total. Milwaukee lost four of its last five games and over is 4-1-1 in their last six games. Marlins have won four straightand have turned their season around from the terrible start they had. The odd marriage of Don Mattingly as manager and Barry Bonds as hitting coach may just be starting to work. Conley hasn’t been good, but he’s certainly been better than Davies has.

909 Washington Nationals* -1 -105 vs St. Louis Cardinals x half
909 Washington Nationals/St. Louis Cardinals* Over 6½ -160 x half
Strasburg is 3-0, 2.17 in four starts this month (over 2-1-1). Leake is 0-2, 6.85 in four starts this month (over 2-2)
Washington lost its last three games; under is 4-0-1 in its last five on road. Cardinals won four of their last five games (over 5-0). The Nats piss me off more than any other tm except my Braves but I expect that. I am playing this just on the fact that the Nats 'should' be able to get to Leake who below average this year, allowing three runs in two starts and four runs in the other two starts. He has been a victim of low run support as the Cards only scored five runs over his first three starts, but he still has to look at himself and his 5.64 ERA. He’s got a strikeout to walk ratio of 17 to seven and a WHIP of 1.57....Nats get to him today

913 San Diego Padres/Los Angeles Dodgers* Over 7 -140 x half ...I would love to see SD win this game tonite as the Dodgers are just not playing good ball but I thing one should be very careful about laying down on the the Pads, especially on the rd. Vargas allowed one run in five IP (88 PT) in his first MLB start, against Cardinals. Wood is 1-2, 7.29 in four starts this month (over 3-1). Dodgers lost five of last six home games and under is 6-3-1 in their home games. San Diego lost its last five games; over is 9-2 in their last 11 games.The Dodgers are having issues offensively, as Los Angeles has produced just six runs in their last three games and three or less runs in eight of their last 12 games. The Los Angeles Dodgers have lost seven of their last 10 games when scoring three or less runs. Just a feeling on my part about this Over....but small

I'm having trouble finding something to fall in love with but liking a few just enough to make a min play on

915 Chicago White Sox* +100
vs Baltimore Orioles x half
915 Chicago White Sox/Baltimore Orioles* Over 7 -190 x half
Rodon is 1-2, 4.05 in four starts this month (under 4-0). Wright is 1-2, 6.23 in three starts this month (under 2-1)
Orioles lost four of last seven games but are 8-1 at home- eight of their last ten games stayed under the total. Chicago won eight of its last ten games; under is 8-4 in its last twelve road games.White Sox have been red hot and the Orioles offense has been quiet lately. Wright has struggled, giving up five runs in his last outing while Rodon has been solid overall, allowing just two runs in 13 innings pitched on the road this season. I give the WS a chance at getting to Wright to help with this Over

917 New York Yankees* -106 vs Boston Red Sox x1
917 New York Yankees/Boston Red Sox* Over 7 -165 x1...Tanaka is 1-0, 3.28 in four starts this month; his last three starts stayed under. Owens allowed three runs in 3.1 IP (86 PT) in his first '11 start, at Huston. Bronx lost six of its last nine games; under is 7-4 in their last 11. Red Sox won six of their last seven games; six of their last nine games stayed under the total.Owens did not look good in his first start and I feel more comfortable siding with Tanaka who has been solid so for this season. Yanks offense should be able to get to this youngster Owens, and Tanaka does not have good numbers against the Red Sox.

919 Toronto Blue Jays* +110 vs Tampa Bay Rays x1
919 Toronto Blue Jays/Tampa Bay Rays* Under 7½ -122 x1
Sanchez is 1-1, 3.70 in four starts this month (over 3-1) Smyly is 1-1, 1.64 in his last three starts (over 2-2).
Toronto lost six of its last eight games; their last nine road games stayed under total. Tampa Bay won four of last five home games; under is 10-1 in its last eleven games at the Trop. I think the Jays will come out swinging after being shutout in their previous game, taking their frustrations out on Smyly. Sanchez has already pitched a great ball game against the Rays this season, and the Rays lineup has combined for just one homer run and two RBI’s in 61 at bats against Sanchez. Playing this one on more of a 'feeling' than stats

923 Detroit Tigers/Minnesota Twins* Over 9 -110 x half
924 Minnesota Twins* -116 vs Detroit Tigers x half
Fulmer is making his MLB debut here; he is 1-1, 4.11 in three AAA starts in April.Hughes is 1-3, 4.26 in four starts this month (under 3-0-1)Detroit won three of its last four games; five of their last six games went over total. Minnesota lost four of its last five games; over is 7-2 in their last nine. I was hoping for a good SP from the tigs tonite but they put a rookie in and I can play a rookie SP. Hughes @1-3 with a 3.91 ERA and a 1.145 WHIP over 25.1 innings though he does have a complete game to his credit. Hughes took a tough loss in his last start, which was on the road against the Nationals Saturday. If the Tigs bats dont go wild, I think he bounces back tonite

Back