tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
LW 7-5, up about 3 units (+1395)

TW 4-1, up almost 7 units (+3400)

Total last couple weeks; 11-6, (+4795)

__________________________________________________ _______

1-1 yesterday, down some juice.

Clev +106, 6 units WIN

Been waiting for this one and got it in an ideal situation IMO.

Mostly a pitching matchup play but also like the line-up matchups.

Pitching first:

Sure most know the history of Anthony Reyes. Top draft pick of the Cardinals, so I follow him closely, who got out of favor with Laussa and pitching coach Dave Duncan and the Cardinals basically gave him away to the Indians for a mid-low level prospect and told him not to let the door hit his ass on the way out.

The problem basically is he prefers his own pitching style (riding 4 seam fastballs) and Duncan prefers the 2 seam sinker. He tried to become that but it just doesn't fit. Never will, so they relased him pretty much..

Dude has talent as witnessed by his domination at AAA level and occasional flirts with success (2006 World Series) in the majors.

With Memphis TY (cards AAA) he struck out nearly one per inning with a very efficient 3.25 era.. In two starts for Buffalo (indians AAA) he got two quick wins including his last outing in which he pitched 8 innings, 1ER, 0 walks and 4 K's.

Blue Jays are playing well under Gaston but this lineup will have trouble with Reyes IMHO and Purcey is having trouble in many ways. In 18 innings he has given up 6 HRs already and more alarming has walked 14. The two go hand in hand-- i.e. get behind in the count, start walking people then start throwing "get me over fastballs" that get hit hard at this level..

Play on..:cheers:

Adds likely coming later

Last edited:
So torn on this game. Think your spot on with your assessment of Anthony Reyes . However I also think David Purcey has done a solid job and was very good @ Texas except the HR ball killed him in the 4th and 5 innings . Which happened to be the only 3 hits he allowed . Really Texas does very well with the timely HRS( and XBHs) if we use the recent Yank series as reference . They get a walkoff GS on Monday and big 3 run jack by Young after the overturned DP in Game 2 . Otherwise Texas didnt do much really in the series offensively managing just 3 runs the last 2 games .

Cle has been terrible on the road vs LH but to there credit they did okay vs a slumping Scott Kazmir and they do have a stack of RHBs. Tribe just 2-9 away vs LHP last 11 times since a 2-2 start (so 4-11 all season) . However maybe its time for some improvement vs LH away . Early in those initial 4 games limited offense scoring 1 , 4 , 4 and 5 with the latter being wins vs Liriano's initial return to the majors and Pettitte back in April . They had the big inn believe the 5th vs Pettitte that day where he was crusing and just fell apart with 2 outs . Since then only 2 wins vs LHP away was DTrain who was quickly demoted afterwards and Clayton Kershaw who was decent that game but that was back when LAD couldnt score at all(won 6-4 in extras) and he did oppose Cliff Lee which Cle blew a 4-0 lead late .

7 2 3 2 6 3 2 8 4 7 1 in the last 11 away vs LHP. Bold was the wins as I said 6 in extras when Kershaw started 4hits and 4 runs in 5 inn vs him. DTrain was charged with 8 in the other and couldnt finish 2 innings (scary pasrt all walsk really just 3 hits but 2 Hrs and Shoppachs is still orbiting the planet) . So in the other 12 or so inn after the LH starers exited theTribe scored 2 runs ..the last 7 was the Kaz start (9h 5r in 4++ inn with 2Hrs) and a solid game overall for them but his struggles take away some luster , the previous 7 was @ Texas vs AJ Murray and Co.

Maybe some inprovement but hard to clearly say . They did recently whack Robertson (DET) around at home as well . Shoppach actually has been very huge for CLE IMO. Want to look closer at Tribe's indivual output recently..

Have to dig more but really like the fact CLE blew that game on WED as they are in bounce back mode now. There pen as do many scares the shit out of me . Still Tor wasnt very impressive this week vs OAK and havent hit much either .

Thinking CLE along with ya and the UND 9.5 possibly as well or 1st 5 Under ... :cheers:

Liked it before, like it even more now. Lotta value on your Cards don't you think?....or stay far far away from Looper day starts?

Liked it before, like it even more now. Lotta value on your Cards don't you think?....or stay far far away from Looper day starts?

No plays on the Cards in this Series most likely, although they had a great chance to win today but lost two runners at the plate.. Cubs at home is not something I plan to go against the rest of the year.. Carpenter on Sunday night vs Dempster depending on the price esp if Cards lose Gm2 is possible..

I will say this-- Edmonds flipping his bat in Larussa's direction after first HR will get him some chin music in return at some point.. May come the next series though--as they say, revenge is a dish best served cold..

Have to dig more but really like the fact CLE blew that game on WED as they are in bounce back mode now.

Good info Nut, thanks for stopping in..As you say, cleveland is in bounce back mode and I esp like it because they had a day off in between.. Had some stats on this at one time but the bounce is much better with a day off then when a team has to come right back the next day... I don't put much stock in it though.. I like the pitching matchup.. Was tempted to play the first 5 innings but rarely play them and don't feel like bringing that into play now..

If one was ever going to play a 1st 5 it would be with Peavy tonight IMHO. Think its around 130.. That makes sense..

Line move, I see clev -105 now. Interesting.. Thought it may go the other way..

Dude has talent

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>Pitchers</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD> H</TD><TD> R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD noWrap>PC-ST</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>An Reyes (W, 1-0)</TD><TD>6.1</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD noWrap>88-62</TD><TD>1.42</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:thumbsup:money;:hammer:

Back