Friday Thoughts

JPicks

Pretty much a regular
Going to get this done now as tonight will leave little time for any research (Utes Bowl Game). Last time I tried capping games while drunk didn't go so well so no reason to try that again. I'll have a seperate post for every game so I don't lose the whole thing at once.

BOS/CHI

Boston off of thier third loss of the season. They've responded quite well off both of their previous losses and I don't see a reason why the same won't happen on Friday. First loss was @ORL, 2 days off, favored by 10' over GSW and won 105-82. Second loss was @CLE in OT, 1 day off, favored by 12' over NYK and won 104-59. Also of note they beat GSW 25-16 1st quarter and NYK 27-16 1st quarter.

I guess you could say CHI is finally back winning going 7-4 L11, but are they really? The only win in out of those 7 that is really legite is the Pistons victory. Two wins over CHA, ATL, NYK, SEA all at home, and the win on Wednesday against a WAS team that was missing A. Daniels. The Wizards PG's contributed 1 assist and 5 turnovers in that game.

These teams have already played once this year with Boston leaving the UC with a 92-81 victory. Surprising score considering Pierce was 1-8 and Allen went 6-16. Both teams were on a B2B with travel.

Thinking about a 1st quarter BOS play and possibly laying the points for the whole game.

RANDOM INJURY NOTES ABOUT GAME:

Nochioni is being bothered by a sore ankle and his play at WAS backs that up. Wallace will probably be out again. Expecting big things from KG against this front court. Look at the #'s that the WAS forwards put up on Wednesday for further evidence.

ATL/WAS

Really just waiting to start faiding the Wizards. It's now been 15 games with GA and they've gone 11-4 ATS without him. It seems that Antoine Daniels did quite the job holding down the fort w/out GA, but now that Daniels is gone I just expect them to struggle. The Wizards two PG's, Nick Young and Roger Mason, combined to go 4-18 with 1 assist and 5 turnovers last night. If Deshawn isn't on fire I just don't think Butler and Jamison can continue to carry them. Butler had a triple double versus Chicago and they still lost. Just not enough weapons when you have really shitty PG's. For more evidence see: Atlanta Hawks.

Speaking of Atlanta PG's they seem to have found one right now. Anthony Johnson has been en fuego the last two games with 38 points and 23 boards. I think we've all known that this can be an extremely dangerous team if they ever find a PG and for the moment they have one.

ATL has been playing as good of ball as anybody recently and they'll be up against a team that I've been looking to fade for awhile. Should be getting a couple of points here and I'll take them. No worries about ATL overlooking WAS as they seem to have a bit of a problem against them and would like to take care of it.

"We always have a problem beating Washington," Smith said. "We've got to get past it somehow. They're in our division."

NY/CHAR

Not a ton of interest by me in this one. It'll be CHA or nothing though. Last time the Knicks got a big win over a "name" team at home (beat Utah) they went to BOS and lost by 45. Now I'm not trying to compare BOS and CHA but the motivation is the same. They seem to play well enough in certain spots for Isiah to keep his job for a week and then proceed to get slaughtered in any other games. What kind of motivation could they have to go down and beat CHA? They've got Kobe on Sunday at home and I'll give them more of a chance at home vs KB than on the road @CHA. More than anything I'm interested to see the line. I'd guess the Cats will be favored by 2 or so, but who knows. Garbage game, but I'll be looking for the Knicks to get rolled for a possible play on them vs. the Lakers.

UTA/ORL

This is a game I have thought about pretty much the entire season. Unfortunately I won't get nearly the value that I had hoped becuase of the recent Jazz nose dive. Simply put the Jazz will lose this game by DD's. I'll actually predict when we look back at the end of the year we can point to this game as the one the Jazz hit bottom. They're still not a bad team, but they're not good enough to avoid these horrible streaks.

Couple of reasons why I love the Magic in this one. Dwight Howard and the 3 ball. The Jazz have been consistentely the worst team in the league guarding the 3 ball while the Magic live off of it. The Magic will be shooting open 3's all game and Howard will dominate the Jazz inside as Collins and the Fesenko will be the ones guarding Howard. If Okur plays it changes things slightly as he did a decent job on Ming last year in the playoffs, but Howard is WAY more athletic than Ming and that would/will kill Okur.

Magic beat the Jazz both games last year and 3 of 4. Slight lookahead problem with BOS in ORL's radar. As long as the line is reasonable I'll be on the Magic. Worst matchup in the league for the Jazz.

Amazing analysis by the one and only
Guys.......Whos gonna tell me that with T-MaC out with a knee...Denver -4 300/200 is not a steal......What time did they get in last night?....We all know Yao struggles B2b....but without T-Mac in altitude......dudes gonna need an oxygen mask just to keep it close.....Am I wrong here? SbG doesnt have the line out yet but you have got to be ******** kidding me!

Hey guys,this stuff aint rocket science......

I love that a rocket scientist was on the Jeff Foxworthy thing and scored 0 points lmfao......

Whoever took Toronto in that game got their best performance......I just think if it werent for the emergence of B.Roy they had that game wrapped up....

And how bout the super-sub,just when you count him out.....he steps outta the phonebooth and knocks down some clutch mid-rangers..........

Its funny that LaMarcus and Bosh had the same high school coach and their games are so similiar......There are a million high schools in the DFW area so I dont think this is a coincidence........

LaMarcus,Roy,Outlaw,Jack,Webster,Pryzbilla, and Oden sound like more than just a foundation.....they sound like potential Spur dethroners.......or whoever may be the top team in the league next year......they are that good.....Oh and did I mention the improved play of Steve"one day theyll compare me to Nash"Blake and Calderon's back-up on the Spainiard National team My mainest man Sergio Rodriguez....If they dont lock him up,I'd love to see the Spurs add him to the mix......the fans would love him.....

Anyway,another win one lose one night....but well getem tomorrow....Ive been kinda slackin last few days......

ya i'll be amazed if the rockets hang in there. yao battled howard all night last night as well. I honestly think the over looks great as well. No TMAC and MING playing 20 minutes is goign to mean alot of running and little standing on offense.

Friday Openers at BM

4:05 PM12 /21 /07
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>501</TD><TD class=gName>NEW YORK</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671040_3_0_5_-110_NBA name=game>+5-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671040_3_2_-190_-110_NBA name=game>o190-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>502</TD><TD class=gName>CHARLOTTE</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671040_3_1_-5_-110_NBA name=game>-5-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671040_3_3_190_-110_NBA name=game>u190-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>503</TD><TD class=gName>LA LAKERS</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671041_3_0_-3_-110_NBA name=game>-3-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671041_3_2_-199.5_-110_NBA name=game>o199½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>504</TD><TD class=gName>PHILADELPHIA</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671041_3_1_3_-110_NBA name=game>+3-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671041_3_3_199.5_-110_NBA name=game>u199½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>505</TD><TD class=gName>UTAH</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671042_3_0_4_-110_NBA name=game>+4-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671042_3_2_-207.5_-110_NBA name=game>o207½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>506</TD><TD class=gName>ORLANDO</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671042_3_1_-4_-110_NBA name=game>-4-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671042_3_3_207.5_-110_NBA name=game>u207½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>507</TD><TD class=gName>CHICAGO</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671043_3_0_10_-110_NBA name=game>+10-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671043_3_2_-182.5_-110_NBA name=game>o182½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>508</TD><TD class=gName>BOSTON</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671043_3_1_-10_-110_NBA name=game>-10-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671043_3_3_182.5_-110_NBA name=game>u182½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>509</TD><TD class=gName>ATLANTA</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671044_3_0_5_-110_NBA name=game>+5-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671044_3_2_-189.5_-110_NBA name=game>o189½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>510</TD><TD class=gName>WASHINGTON</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671044_3_1_-5_-110_NBA name=game>-5-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671044_3_3_189.5_-110_NBA name=game>u189½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

5:05 PM12 /21 /07
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>511</TD><TD class=gName>INDIANA</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671045_3_0_-5.5_-110_NBA name=game>-5½-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671045_3_2_-201.5_-110_NBA name=game>o201½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>512</TD><TD class=gName>MINNESOTA</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671045_3_1_5.5_-110_NBA name=game>+5½-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671045_3_3_201.5_-110_NBA name=game>u201½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

5:05 PM12 /21 /07
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr></TD><TD class=gTot></TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>513</TD><TD class=gName>MEMPHIS</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"></TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"></TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>514</TD><TD class=gName>DETROIT</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"></TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"></TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

6:35 PM12 /21 /07
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>515</TD><TD class=gName>LA CLIPPERS</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671047_3_0_12_-110_NBA name=game>+12-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671047_3_2_-192_-110_NBA name=game>o192-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>516</TD><TD class=gName>DALLAS</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671047_3_1_-12_-110_NBA name=game>-12-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671047_3_3_192_-110_NBA name=game>u192-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7:05 PM12 /21 /07
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>517</TD><TD class=gName>DENVER</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671048_3_0_2_-110_NBA name=game>+2-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671048_3_2_-202.5_-110_NBA name=game>o202½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>518</TD><TD class=gName>PORTLAND</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671048_3_1_-2_-110_NBA name=game>-2-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671048_3_3_202.5_-110_NBA name=game>u202½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7:35 PM12 /21 /07
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><THEAD><TR><TD class=gNum>#</TD><TD class=gName></TD><TD class=gSpr>Spread</TD><TD class=gTot>Total</TD><TD class=gML></TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>519</TD><TD class=gName>TORONTO</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671049_3_0_-5_-110_NBA name=game>-5-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671049_3_2_-193.5_-110_NBA name=game>o193½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"></TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>520</TD><TD class=gName>SEATTLE</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671049_3_1_5_-110_NBA name=game>+5-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=671049_3_3_193.5_-110_NBA name=game>u193½-110 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jpicks

Look at Indiana/Minny -5.5 let me know what you think.

Minny when they have covered this year, has been on the road, and large spreads. This has alot to do with late back door covers.

At home as mid-short dogs they have been slaughtered.

Minny is suiting up 10 players right now, and Tinsley should be back.

All the starters for Minny played a ton of minutes on Wednesday night.

The day I lay 5.5 on the road with Indiana is the day I convert to Islam.

This card is brutal.

I can't even find one side to sink my teeth into. Maybe a total will pop up. But fuck this card.

The day I lay 5.5 on the road with Indiana is the day I convert to Islam.

This card is brutal.

I can't even find one side to sink my teeth into. Maybe a total will pop up. But fuck this card.

K

There playing the t-wolves: they are young, they don't play D, there horrible at home, they have no perimeter game, they have no identity, they can't sustain a lead....

Its not necessarily a play on Indiana, as it is a fade of Minny.

I agree on everything else though, poop card..

two teams i'm interested to see a reaction

Boston Celtics
and
New York Knicks

Will the Knicks win 2 in a row?

Will Boston put their frustrations aside and start another win streak?

I like the Atlanta pick at +5. It's never good when a team is using their 3rd point guard, messes up the timing and offense. And when he needs a breather, they use their 4th pt. guard? I'm jumping on ATL.

mormon.jpg

UTAH with the points:smiley_acbe:

Gotta roll with my boyzz as a live doggy tomorow night!!!

Shitty card my ass, that is just a copout...

Atlhawks you are Very undisciplined.:nono: It is important to be very careful. I myself am very likely to limit myself to maybe----8-11 plays. Will post a few of them tomorrow. GL

Preview: The Pacers (14-12) have won three consecutive games and four of their past five, and they're better on the road (8-5) than they are at home (6-7). The Wolves' current six-game losing streak is their longest of the season.
Players to watch: G Mike Dunleavy leads the Pacers in scoring (17.5 pg) and three-point percentage (.427) and two games ago scored a career-high 36 points in a victory at New York. ... Wolves G Gerald Green contributing season highs across the board with an 18-point, eight-rebound performance in Wednesday's home loss to Golden State. Coach Randy Wittman said he played well enough to get another good look, regardless of circumstance.
Injuries: Wolves G Marko Jaric, still seriously ill to his stomach, missed practice Thursday after missing Wednesday's game and is questionable. F Antoine Walker (ankle) and G Greg Buckner (calf) are improving but still questionable. G Randy Foye (kneecap) and C Theo Ratliff (knee surgery) remain out indefinitely. For Indiana, G Jamaal Tinsley missed Wednesday's victory over Philadelphia because of a deep thigh bruise and is listed as day-to-day.

<TABLE class=nextprevious cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=previouscell></TD><TD class=previouscell></TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD class=nextcell></TD><TD class=nextcell></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end story body -->
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>adsonar_placementId=19757;adsonar_pid=433757;adsonar_ps=-1;adsonar_zw=442;adsonar_zh=305;adsonar_jv='ads.adsonar.com';</SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://js.adsonar.com/js/adsonar.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<!--startclickprintexclude--><!-- End articleBody --><!-- End columnOne -->
<!-- start most popular stories box --><!-- start most read box -->

Philly for me.

Lakers line is a little too suspcious. I am assuming people are banking on the fact "Lakers can't lose 2 in a row" oh but yes they can. When was the last time the Lakers won in Philly?

Basically a play on Seattle off the embarrassment vs. Nawlins. PJ ripped 'em after that game, they had no energy, no effort, etc. Now they get a Toronto team that has Phoenix coming up tomorrow, then some other high-profile Western teams. Tough to get up for Seattle and it's 9,000 fans. Definite value in +5, Toronto can win close, I do not see them pulling away. I'm still in disbelief at how well Toronto is playing with this lineup, I think they get a reality check this weekend and next week. As per the over, my only concerns there would be that Toronto hates overs, and PJ said he might make some lineup changes and give more minutes to guys that are showing hustle on the defensive end. Not quite sure who that's referring to, but Wally might start tonight, and he might make a bunch of other defensive-oriented changes.

Basically a play on Seattle off the embarrassment vs. Nawlins. PJ ripped 'em after that game, they had no energy, no effort, etc. Now they get a Toronto team that has Phoenix coming up tomorrow, then some other high-profile Western teams. Tough to get up for Seattle and it's 9,000 fans. Definite value in +5, Toronto can win close, I do not see them pulling away. I'm still in disbelief at how well Toronto is playing with this lineup, I think they get a reality check this weekend and next week. As per the over, my only concerns there would be that Toronto hates overs, and PJ said he might make some lineup changes and give more minutes to guys that are showing hustle on the defensive end. Not quite sure who that's referring to, but Wally might start tonight, and he might make a bunch of other defensive-oriented changes.

Thanks for the info, I noticed in that total range, both teams Seattle at home, and Toronto on the road like exceed the total.

Excellent article on espn asking who is better kobe or lebron..
Since I am a basketball expert. Here is my breakdown
Jumpshot:
Range .. Kobe
Mid Range.. Kobe
Consistency .. Kobe
Ballhandling
Kobe
Passing
Lebron
Athleticsm and strength
Lebron
Lateral movement and the ability to cover more defenders
Kobe by a mile
Moves with the ball in his hands.. (ability to create ones own shot)
Kobe by a mile
Clutch
Kobe
Ability to lead and get teammates better
Bron by a mile
If they played 1 on 1..
Kobe 10 Lebron 3

By the way I don't think any of those are remotely debatable. I guess you can put Lebron as a better rebounder.

Back