Friday-Sunday MLB Discussion

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
Will start weekly threads starting Monday....

Happy Friday! :cheers3:

Shocking to me that Ubaldo didnt face the yanks last year....

20+ mph winds out to right.... two less than stellar pitchers... this should be a high scoring affair....

These three games jumped right out at me:

Cubs look juicy tomorrow. Kendricks was awesome last year, milone already showed this season things won't be different for him. This offense should crush him and in this bullpen. I see a 7-2 type game. I know its -190 but Ill be pounding Cubs F5 -.5 and FG RL

Greinke at home at a low number. Indians can't win them all and this seems like an unfavorable matchup. Greinke can shut that offense down. And zona at home is more then capable of hitting Bauer. Might stick to F5 to avoid that Indian bullpen

King Felix. I don't care what Nolasco did opening day, he is not good. Seattle isn't as bad as they have played. This is a nice matchup at a low number for them to get their sh$% together

Thoughts? Any games I'm missing?

Greinke doesn't seem to have the same velocity and last year it wasn't an arm issue, it was his oblique. Not sure what the deal is with him, but i couldn't get myself to take +102 on Bauer when it was available and i'm not sure I want to pay juice on the road to be against Greinke

Also think Felix is on the back side of his career, but no idea where he is currently. Just can't be as successful when his fastball isn't 96 anymore and there isn't a big difference between that and his change

Not betting bases at all this year but will chime in occasionally, obviously I will know AZ more than anything else.

First start of the season, Greinke was hitting 92 regularly after concerns in spring that it was 89-90 and topped at 92. He was at 92 consistently with the fastball and hit 94 occasionally. The velocity thing was pretty much debunked after the game by Grace and Webb, and can't imagine anyone disagrees at this point. His head is always going to be the concern as an ace, not his stuff.

Even though he gave up runs early tonight, Shelby Miller is the pitcher I was most high on out of Spring Training. Seems much more comfortable this year in his role and he even said so much that he didn't expect the pressure that came with that trade last year. Not to mention a couple nagging injuries last season. I will probably always be higher than I should on Corbin, if he controls his pitches he's tough to hit. Bigggggg if is the problem. Greinke should get 16-18 wins, about 2 million per give/take. And Taijuan....just concerned about everything high in this ballpark. Recipe for disaster imo.

Bullpen will earn a ton over late overs, little doubt about that.

i love Corbin as he's a great athlete, but he couldn't K people last year and that's pretty much a death sentence in today's MLB. I'm surprised Shelby blames pressure for his woes, the guy literally had the worst mechanics in the world and had no clue where the ball was going for a month

I also really respect Greinke if that wasn't obvious, and appreciate your velocity angle, but 16-18 W's is a ton for this team even if they are off to a good start

GW, he said Shelby said he never expected to be the cornerstone of such a criticized trade (a rightfully criticized trade) and has said it was overwhelming, not to mention he was injured on a couple occasions to boot last year. He seems in a much better place now for better or worse, just saying he seems to be finding the comfort zone at least.

he definitely has the talent and i'd love for him to be good again because that'll greatly help my COL u80.5

I was a big proponent of fading him for a couple years lol

Also, the 16-18 wins I think for Greinke are starts, not necessarily Ws for him (like opening day). Still get a bit concerned about his mindset, he's just so uncomfortable in front of a camera, actually aloof, and that to me isn't what I want from a 33 mil/yr ace.

Will continue to believe that Miller still needs to find a third pitch, got away with fastball once the curve started hitting tonight but to be a 2 or 3 in the rotation he needs something else, especially if the curve isn't on...but nice beginning to the season for him after a rocky first couple innings.

Will continue to believe that Miller still needs to find a third pitch, got away with fastball once the curve started hitting tonight but to be a 2 or 3 in the rotation he needs something else, especially if the curve isn't on...but nice beginning to the season for him after a rocky first couple innings.

yup, 97 isn't enough by itself

Back