Friday Pucks

Santacapper

Pretty much a regular
Brar, Shakes, Pucks thanks fellas. That 5-0 lead blown by the Penguins pretty much sums up the past week and a bit. Would have been a nice swing. Anyhoo, 2-3 on the night, Leafs failed to show up and losing Antropov for any time hurts. They looked tired.

Totals 19-23 -3.57
Sides 21-24 +2.82
YTD 40-47 -0.75

Anaheim -0.5 even

The stats are a mirror image pretty much. Especially L5, Ducks scoring 4, Stars allowing 4 etc etc. The ducks PP is hitting at nearly 30% L5 games, Stars are killing penalties at 75%. Stars PP on the road is under 10%. Ducks 8-1 L9 games, Stars 3-6. Home team 13-6 L10 games.

Carolina -120

Martin Gerber :shake:

Atlanta / Buffalo over 5.5

Hedberg noted to get the start tonight and it wouldnt surprise me with his 8-2 record vs the Sabres. He has given up 11 goals in 3, 2 road games this season, 2 pf which he finished... being pulled in 2 of 3 is not a good stat. Miller has been a stand out goalie this season, but is a little worse at home, but he's the reason the line is 5.5 not 6 IMO. Thrashers are still allowing nearly 4 goals a night, 4.4 L5 and 4.17 on the road. THeir PK is struggling, through 11 games this year they are yet to shut the opponent out on the PK. Buffalo's PP is pretty potent at about 20% on the year, and should be what they need to wake up. OVer is 7-3-1 in BUffalo.
GL Everyone:cheers:

Last edited:
Not a happy camper here. Definitely on Ottawa for a above average bet and may be on Dallas. Can at least understand why you played Anaheim. Just no idea what you are seeing that makes you like Carolina today.

Tuck - definitely going against the grain in the Ottawa contest, right now its Gerber in net, and I'll be honest if that changes to Auld I'll most likely eat the juice, although Auld has struggled vs the Canes. I think Carolina has gotten a bum wrap, their schedule has been brutal with 9 of 13 starting on the road. Ottawa has had the benefit of 8 of 12 in their rink. AFter this game, marking 3 games in 4 nights the Sens have another tough stretch of 4 games in 6 nights, and have always struggled with the games in short stretches. I know the history, but personally Im just not sold on the Sens right now. GL tonight all the same man

Gerber has had 15 days to get himself together. This will be 5 games in 7 nights for Carolina but it is worse than that because they had 2 games with 1 days rest going before that. Ottawa is playing 3 in 4 but had 2 days off before it began. Ottawa is playing well among other things generating 9 power play goals last 10 to 5 for Carolina. Honestly I believe the spread here should probably be Ottawa minus 25 cents. Been wrong many times. GL

Goodluck, the carolina play is intersting

first i leaned carolina, than i leaned ottawa and back and forth, i did this all during the san jose game..i wonder how leighton will do against the sens, he's been pretty good on back to backs this year and gerber has had time to think of his play...undecided yet...lets get that total :)

Jump - :seeya:

Tuck - granted Gerber has been good coming off long layoffs (10 or more days) 3-0-0 last season (once coming in a 6-0 game early vs the same Canes) but I just cant back him right now when he hasnt held any opponents and allowed at least 3 goals this season. He's been in this spot before with Emery, and never recovered that season, until Emery got injured. That said, I've been wrong many times too, and I always hate to be on the other side of you, so debating this doenst make me feel too good about the play, always like being on the same side with you, speaking of which great job last night. One of us will win. GL

GSRO - sounds like a plan man. GL

beer11.gif

Cat - thanks man. GL

Tuck - thanks, appreciate it... really an uneasy feeling having you on the other side. GL with your plays today

Back