Friday Plays w/writeups.....

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
NBA SEASON
SEASON 31-21-1 (+$1913)

I have to run in about 5 minutes so I am just going to throw some thoughts out there right now. I will be back around 3:00 to share more thoughts and plays.

PHX-8 /Denver

Leaning towards PHX right now. Some people have looked at this line and jumped on Denver right away. It seems enticing at first, Denver getting 8 when PHX is back to back. I do not have the stats on hand(will have them later) but I do not think back to backs necesarily bother a team like PHX. It is amazing how this team even was competitive last night; with the way GS was shooting. Their style of play allows them to get back into these type of games. I have finally concluded that Denver will never "get it" with Melo and AI on the same team. Yes, it is great how Iverson shares the rock when Melo is in the game and then takes over when Melo leaves the game....What about the rest of the team? All this attention that these two are getting has really hurt the rest of the team IMO. Wasn't JR Smith averaging something like 19-20 ppg before the fight? There is talent around this team but they do not really seem to execute. When you have 2 guys averaging about 55 points a night, the rest of the team seems to shy away from shots.

I have saw several people stating that they do not understand this line?!? What is there not to understand abou this? Should PHX only be giving 4 or 5 to Denver? This is the same Denver team that is 16-17 on the road this year. THis is the same Denver team that will play their 6th road game in their last 7. This is the same Denver team that has lost 4 out of 5; including a home loss to the Sonics, without Ray Allen.

PHX plays a similar type of basketball that Seattle plays(with more fire power). Right now I do not see how Denver stays in this game...thoughts?

LA/HOUStON TOTAL SET AT 196

This seems to be a total that might fly over. I expect both teams to try and push the tempo in this game. I expect LAL to push the ball because they have a premier scorer in the open court and not much defense. With a lack of defense they should want to push the tempo and get into a run and gun type game. Also, they will look to push the ball so Houston cant settle into a half court defense. Pushing the rock, will essentially take the Yao factor away, on defense. LAL give up 103 ppg at home and score close to 106.

Houston has pleanty of athletes that could play this type of game- so I do not necesarily think they will shy away. NBA players like this type of game also, IMO...I have to run now but that is just a few thoughts....

MIAMI -1/ MINNESOTA
Leaning heavily on the home dog here. I think that Miami overachieved for the past few weeks and will slowly decline back to mediocrity. Yes MIA did have a 9 game winning streak but have been back to mediocre since then. Also, 7 of those wins on that streak were at home! The 2 road wins were @ Washington and @New Jersey (2 very iconsistant teams that have struggled lately). Since the streak they are 2-4- the 2 wins being a home/away with the lowly Hawks. Tehy suffered losses @Indiana @Toronto and home losses to Philly and Orlando.

WHY I REALLY LIKE MINNY
This is their 5th game in 8 days (does not usually turn in good results for aging teams). They are 14-21 SU on the road! This is a sandwich road game, and a possible look ahead to Detroit. With Detroit on deck (rematch of last year's ECF) MIA might be looking ahead.

SIDE NOTE
Detroit - anything under 8 will get pounded by me

With all this said about MIA, what about Minny? Minnesota is 30-41 (would be respectable in the East lol) but 20-14 at home. Minnesota is another inconsistant team of late BUT has won many lower scoring games. They seem to struggle when games get into the upper 90s and into the 100s(which happens a lot in the west). I do not expect this game to hit that number.

Last edited:
Marion will be all over Melo. Sad to say but last night was a look ahead for PHO. They want to lay it to Denver for blowing them out and not letting up last week in that 30 point romping.

Suns win this one going away... my guess is 15-18 points. I love this play.

I have to run in about 5 minutes so I am just going to throw some thoughts out there right now. I will be back around 3:00 to share more thoughts and plays.

PHX-8 /Denver

Leaning towards PHX right now. Some people have looked at this line and jumped on Denver right away. It seems enticing at first, Denver getting 8 when PHX is back to back. I do not have the stats on hand(will have them later) but I do not think back to backs necesarily bother a team like PHX. It is amazing how this team even was competitive last night; with the way GS was shooting. Their style of play allows them to get back into these type of games. I have finally concluded that Denver will never "get it" with Melo and AI on the same team. Yes, it is great how Iverson shares the rock when Melo is in the game and then takes over when Melo leaves the game....What about the rest of the team? All this attention that these two are getting has really hurt the rest of the team IMO. Wasn't JR Smith averaging something like 19-20 ppg before the fight? There is talent around this team but they do not really seem to execute. When you have 2 guys averaging about 55 points a night, the rest of the team seems to shy away from shots.

PHX has covered 1 of the last 7 in back-to-back situations.

If you watched PHO on the 1st half of those B2B's... they let it all out. They CLEARLY did not tire themselves out last night. Plus, alot of those B2B's were chalk road games... and they played to barely win rather than blow the team out.

Food for thought on the Houston - LAL total

Last 6 in series have gone under ( in regulation ) the now current
posted total of 196.5

LA has gone over 5 of last 6 all against teams that are currently
out of playoffs = value ?

LAL point totals vs teams that are currently in or will be in playoffs
last 8 games averages out to 90 ppg
72 Rockets in a battle with Utah for coveted home
94 adv in first round of playoffs and Jackson all pissed
102 off at team for blowing a winnable game to say
108 the least in last outing vs Memphis. Expecting
90 playoff type intensity in this one.
78 BOL YesSir :cheers:

Big Wave- Thanks for the info...Looking more for what their record is SU. I believe the crowd and them being beat on national TV last night will push the Suns to win this one.

IMGN- Good info bro. thanks

Inspekdah- Agree completely...BOL tonight

Miami Minnesota

Leaning heavily on the home dog here. I think that Miami overachieved for the past few weeks and will slowly decline back to mediocrity. Yes MIA did have a 9 game winning streak but have been back to mediocre since then. Also, 7 of those wins on that streak were at home! The 2 road wins were @ Washington and @New Jersey (2 very iconsistant teams that have struggled lately). Since the streak they are 2-4- the 2 wins being a home/away with the lowly Hawks. Tehy suffered losses @Indiana @Toronto and home losses to Philly and Orlando.

WHY I REALLY LIKE MINNY
This is their 5th game in 8 days (does not usually turn in good results for aging teams). They are 14-21 SU on the road! This is a sandwich road game, and a possible look ahead to Detroit. With Detroit on deck (rematch of last year's ECF) MIA might be looking ahead.

SIDE NOTE
Detroit - anything under 8 will get pounded by me

With all this said about MIA, what about Minny? Minnesota is 30-41 (would be respectable in the East lol) but 20-14 at home. Minnesota is another inconsistant team of late BUT has won many lower scoring games. They seem to struggle when games get into the upper 90s and into the 100s(which happens a lot in the west). I do not expect this game to hit that number.

Official Card

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>PHX - 8 (165-150)

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>Minnesota + 1 (220-200)

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>LAL/HOUSTON OVER 196 (110-100)

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>Seattle - 8 (110-100)

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>Wiz -4 (110-100)<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
Wiz-2.5 1st half (110-100)

Houston -2.5 (110-100)
BOL ALL :cheers:

Last edited:
Back