Friday Picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Buffalo Sabres -0.5 2.290

Riding with the Sabres here. Thrashers are a poor defensive team and without Kovalchuk versus a hungry Buffalo team.

New York Rangers ML 2.450

Lundqvist was sat out last night cause he owns the Devils.:cheers:

Thanks Steed, Reveal and SC...I just read on another forum that the Panthers will be giving away 5 flat screen tvs for every goal the panthers score on Luongo tonight. I looked at the Panthers website and sure enough its true. So since great goalies have great egos. I got to add:

Vancouver Canucks ML 2.150

Last edited:
like the nucks as well....think they had some unlucky bounces last night, 2 goals off their own players??
i think they get it done...or atleast at that price, its worth a shot.

Also thinking of taking the blues at home vs a slumping ducks squad.
always like to hear your thoughts.

Yeah those damn ducks, I lost my 3 picks with them, I was thinking of chasing but Im gonna be responsible cause I just dont know...I dont know if you or anyone could verify this...But from past matches this year, Ive noticed that the +1.5 for the home dog almost always covers when the line doesnt move hardly throughout the day. I noticed today the Edmonton +1.5 hasnt hardly moved, but unfortunately I forgot to notice the St.Louis Blues +1.5 earlier today.

i have noticed that before as well.
but it would be extremely tough to backtest something like that as it takes into account line movements.

however, if we are just looking at home dogs and track the +1.5 ...that's doable.

edit: hey catfood, do you still track the 'roadtrip, 1 home game' trend??
i haven't seen any mention of this...maybe no qualified plays? or you just stopped tracking it?

:cheers:

Yes I do, and no there hasnt been any that qualify -well there has but with the many days off with the allstar break, it throws everything off-but for sure Im tracking it and will mention it when it comes up.

Hey Cat, your plays are looking solid.
I just noticed that your record is 112-100. but you are up 55+ units.
that's incredible! shows you the real advantage in taking +money bets.

Really wishing the nucks can protect the lead.

Definitely twoface +money the way to go. I also talked myself into that +1.5 edm/st.louis parlay for fun, not big stakes or anything like that, just testing the theory of the +1.5 homedog for the first time.

Just another note on the +money aspect, I seen some guys 15 games below .500 and easily in the black, so there you go.

Well so close to going 3-0 then the moose hit. Atlanta ties it in the last minute. Vancouver gives up the lead everytime and loses in OT. 1-2 (-0.55)for the night. I dont mind losing nights they got to happen but this one seriously sucks.

catfood just <TABLE class=team><THEAD><TR id=mdetail><TH class="right tname">Atlanta Thrashers</TH><TD class=score>5 - 4
(4 - 4)</TD><TH class="left tname">Buffalo Sabres</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE>

out of luck :( atlanta scored last minute of 3-rd period
but no problem keep up the good work :)

Back