Nigeria
Ivory Coast

Will post final picks later on,
GL

20-10-1 Capping the game
64-37 English League
14-4 Champ League

Hey OMUF, when you write at the bottom your stats:

The Capping the game stats what are those???

Thanks

Still thinking about what I'm going to play for Friday... I will have my picks by Friday around 12noon EST

Here's what I got for Friday:

Nothing to go crazy over, these are for VERY VERY small units and it's just so I can say "I'm playing..." all individual plays

Ivory Coast African Nations Cup (ML) WON

Nigeria African Nations Cup (ML) LOST

Cercle Brugge Belgium League (ML - WON & Under - LOST)

Sedan French D2 (ML -LOST & Under -WON)

Last edited:
On a parlay for the day I'm playing:

Ivory Coast African Nations Cup (ML) WON

Nigeria African Nations Cup (ML) LOST

Cercle Brugge Belgium League (ML) WON

Last edited:
Anyone able to watch the Nigeria/Mali game i'm looking for updates on how the 1st half is looking . . .

Yeah I'm watching the match and they are not looking 2 sharp... Mali just missed a GREAT chance early in the 2nd half..

The Nigerian defense just let him dribble 5-10yrds w/ the ball and had a great left footed strike on goal and thank goodness for good positioning by the GK.

tough call this game, nigeria too edgy as they are pointless in the competition.
its a tough group to bet on let alone the competition itself, tell me, how many international teams outside of the big european and south american nations that you know well enough both sides...you may know more about Nigeria as they have so many names from the EPL, but how many do you SERIOUSLY know about the Malian's?

save your money, if you don't think there are enough league games to bet on, you have a serious problem.

tough call this game, nigeria too edgy as they are pointless in the competition.
its a tough group to bet on let alone the competition itself, tell me, how many international teams outside of the big european and south american nations that you know well enough both sides...you may know more about Nigeria as they have so many names from the EPL, but how many do you SERIOUSLY know about the Malian's?

save your money, if you don't think there are enough league games to bet on, you have a serious problem.

What? What does this have to do w/ anything? These matches are for shits and giffles.... What will matter is the final of this tournament and that's it my man.

Corner for Nigeria in the 70th minute, player headed the ball and in the end the goalie blocked the shot following the header.... Nigeria is slowly picking up their tempo.

wuntun, if you dont know anything about the african nation dont bet. for your info, mali has so many names as nigeria. maybe they suck before, but now we all know that they are a very good team like nigeria.
here are some of the great players in mali: Kanté, Keita, Sissoko, Diarra, Kanouté, Traoré.

what else do you know about the other 5 malian players?
i'm not trying to embaress you guys or anything, just want to know betting logic etc and exchange betting knowledge thats all.
cos with odds such as 1.85 (-118) calculates to nigeria having a 54% chance of winning this game, and that i doubt they deserve, as they are not the most dominant african nation in the world no more and have less flair players like okocha in the present day team.

your right, i don't know enough about this comp, but im not a big betting guy, just have the occasional bet with the pocket money my parents give me, i wanna be like toronto mike one day...high roller

I can honestly say that on a day like today where the market was so low.. Nigeria looked like a descent idea for a parlay.. Plus they needed this win.

It's not a game where you put all the $$$ on it's just for "friday fun"

yeah completly agree, I figured Nigeria needed it so that would sway it their way a little bit. Still disappointing though when you do'nt have a big money parlay but you hit 2 of the 3.

Just to give a quick stat here :

Nigeria 2 matches 1 Goal scored..... These are NOT the "Super eagles"

yeah completly agree, I figured Nigeria needed it so that would sway it their way a little bit. Still disappointing though when you do'nt have a big money parlay but you hit 2 of the 3.

MAGIL my man.... I had fun watching the game and really NOTHING was lost... TRUST ME...

This weekend is where we make the $$$

I'll be here buddy. Hopefully I still have a big bankroll left i've been into the Buick Invitational Round Matchups and yesturday I got burnt on them. Today is hopefully a better day got some guys tearing it up for me early in their rounds.

I'll be here buddy. Hopefully I still have a big bankroll left i've been into the Buick Invitational Round Matchups and yesturday I got burnt on them. Today is hopefully a better day got some guys tearing it up for me early in their rounds.

Do you care to elaborate on that??? Who have you chosen?

wuntun maybe you have a point about the african cup nation thing. just wana let you know, before setting the bet, i read, analyze, take a look at the statistics, and then leave it to my predictions. anyways, exchange betting knowledge is a thing i would like to do.

1-1 today
21-11-1 Capping the game
64-37 English League
14-4 Champ League

Today in the 3 ball matchups I have Cink, Appleby, and Charles Howell III. They are all leading by at least a shot so far but still a few holes left for everyone. Yesturday I bought into the hype of some young guns and had Snedtker and Ryan Moore along with Howell and Howell was the only one that won for me.

Today in the 3 ball matchups I have Cink, Appleby, and Charles Howell III. They are all leading by at least a shot so far but still a few holes left for everyone. Yesturday I bought into the hype of some young guns and had Snedtker and Ryan Moore along with Howell and Howell was the only one that won for me.

Cool
Thanks for the info...

wuntun maybe you have a point about the african cup nation thing. just wana let you know, before setting the bet, i read, analyze, take a look at the statistics, and then leave it to my predictions. anyways, exchange betting knowledge is a thing i would like to do.

1-1 today
21-11-1 Capping the game
64-37 English League
14-4 Champ League

Completely agree w/ you OMUF

That's why these forums are set up.. For all of us to talk to each other and help each other out.

The key is to beat the bookie and do well at what we're doing

hey omuf, its good to talk.
personally, most international cups can be a potential banana skin as how many can perfectly say they know enough about either side to warrant a strong enough bet to make money. the likelyhood is you know more about one side and less of the other which if it were a league game, you probably wouldn't waste time on.
just because a tight international game has a bit more glamour to it, does not make it any more different to betting on a tight domestic league match? in my opinion, nope and probably a bit harder, and arsenal vs man u or chelsea vs liverpool are already hard enough to bet on for me to not bother. betting is about making money, but making it the right way and for the right reasons.
i see so many people talk about fun bets etc. but how often do fun bets or fun parlays actually win, in the long run i mean. fun bets is not too far from playing poker with the short stack, sooner or later, the blinds will eat you up, just as small fun bets can too. all i know is, the chances of parlays winning in the long term are incredibly slim, albeit, having hit a few nice ones in my day, but singles is often the way.
i know everyone has their own methods about gambling which may not agree with everyone elses, but i would never tell someone their method is wrong, as who am i to say, mine is right?
we all work towards the same goal, some with a bit more experience than others, but we all set out to win and beat the bookies.

good luck with your bets this weekend.

ciao

If I didn't want to have some sort of fun while hopefully making money I would invest in stocks (although the stock market is in a rough time) or bonds rather than betting on some Africans I only know a few of. :tiphat:

Anyway if Nigeria would of won this whole discussion would never be taking place because wuntun knew we were all on Nigeria so it was easy to criticize. I dunno the whole thing has just seemed silly to me. Anyway, can we get a little talk about Saturday I've got a few games I like in the FA Cup starting with Portsmith vs Plymouth I like Portsmith -1 at home. Also, I'm leaning Watford -.5 vs Wolverhampton. Watford is simply the better team and I don't see Wolverhampton scoring on the road. Let me know everyones thoughts as I'm probably not gonna lock anything in till later. Still got a few more games I wanna read up on.

u can't say that, we started the discussion during the game and before nigeria created all the chances they did in the last half hour, twenty minutes when Utaka came on.

anyways, as i said, i aint no pro like you guys here, toronto mike is the main man.

Back