Friday pick -3 unit play

catfood

Flying Frenchman
I took for 1 unit: Detroit Red Wings -1.5 3.590

And I already took some ML at 1.909 in case that it might be as good as it gets, but I am waiting for better numbers on the regulation win. Right now Im getting Detroit +0.5 1.606, so surely sometime today therell be a Detroit -0.5 available, and when it does, it will be a 3 unit play.

I'm convinced Detroit will lose 1 of their next 2 games before the Oils (just because they broke their losing streak, I don't suddenly see everything to be back to normal leading to them automatically reeling off 3 more straight road wins), but hope they do win here, be easier to take VAN (rounding back into some form after a prolonged slump) in the Wings b2b situation.

BOL catfood

Detroit Red Wings -0.5 2.450 3 units :shake:

What I dont like about this game...Detroit has habitually had trouble in western Canada. And they do have injuries.

What I like about this game is Detroit's dominance outside its division, and yes the fact that Lidstrom is injured, much like the Pittsburgh Penguins with Crosby, this is exactly what Detroit needs. If they hoist the cup this spring, they will look back at that injury. Also what I like is the home team (Calgary in this instance) has fallen flat in this spot all year long (Road team is 7-0) but nothing is ever a guarantee, no trend will ever go 25-0.

Nice night last night Cat, interesting analysis today as well. Gotta love the Wings anytime you can get this sort of price on them, even with Lidstrom out. Detroit has already handled Calgary three times this year and each covered the puck line.

The goalie comparison in this game w/ the home-road split really caught my eye here.

Kiprusoff
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg4" align="left"><td>Category</td><td>GP</td><td>W</td><td>L</td><td>T</td><td>OT</td><td>MINS</td><td>GA</td><td>SO</td><td>GAA</td><td>A</td><td>PIM</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="15" valign="middle"><td align="left">Home Games</td><td>32</td><td>15</td><td>10</td><td>0</td><td>5</td><td>1913</td><td>79</td><td>0</td><td>2.48</td><td>1</td><td>2</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="15" valign="middle"><td align="left">Road Games</td><td>26</td><td>15</td><td>9</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>1485</td><td>79</td><td>0</td><td>3.19</td><td>1</td><td>2</td></tr></tbody></table>
Osgood
<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg4" align="left"><td>Category</td><td>GP</td><td>W</td><td>L</td><td>T</td><td>OT</td><td>MINS</td><td>GA</td><td>SO</td><td>GAA</td><td>A</td><td>PIM</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="15" valign="middle"><td align="left">Home Games</td><td>15</td><td>10</td><td>4</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>845</td><td>38</td><td>1</td><td>2.70</td><td>2</td><td>0</td></tr><tr class="bg3" align="right" height="15" valign="middle"><td align="left">Road Games</td><td>18</td><td>13</td><td>3</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>1000</td><td>27</td><td>3</td><td>1.62</td><td>1</td><td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>

You can see that Osgood is just money on the road and Kipr at home. That probably explains why the under 5.5 is at -145 on my book right now but nonetheless bodes well for backing Osgood.

some strange line movement on Phx though. Majority seems to be on Colorado yet the line has moved from Phx as a small dog to a -135 favorite. I may have to back Phx myself. Best of luck to you.

some strange line movement on Phx though. Majority seems to be on Colorado yet the line has moved from Phx as a small dog to a -135 favorite. I may have to back Phx myself. Best of luck to you.

I like Phoenix in this spot myself...a few things that push me this way. Bryzgalov is a much better goalie at home in GA and W/L, Phoenix is a team that seems to be surging, and they have already taken down COL 3 times as an underdog(twice on the road). I'm a fan of following a team with good success vs another if the price is right. Obviously there is something that tilts the edge towards PHO when they matchup with COL this year.

Well the gambling Gods giveth and the gambling Gods taketh away. Calgary wins 1-0 with Kiprusoff being the difference.

Back