Fri 1/2 Vancouver Canucks -127 OVER 5.5 -122
04:35 PM Atlanta Thrashers +117 UNDER 5.5 +112

Fri 1/2 Columbus Blue Jackets +117 OVER 5.5 +123
06:05 PM Colorado Avalanche -127 UNDER 5.5 -133

Fri 1/2 New York Islanders +181 OVER 5.5 +105
06:05 PM Phoenix Coyotes -194 UNDER 5.5 -115

Fri 1/2 Philadelphia Flyers +112 OVER 5.5 +100
07:05 PM Anaheim Ducks -122 UNDER 5.5 -110

Montreal called up 3 players and a backup goalie for tonight, I dont know if the3 players will all start. Tanguay is out, Price is day to day.

Teams who are in a revenge spot tonight:

Montreal (lost at home 1-2 in teams first meeting this season)
St.Louis (lost at home 0-1 in teams first meeting this season)
Colorado (lost 2-4 in teams first meeting this season)

Teams who are playing B2B games tonight:

St.Louis - 1st B2B - 5-5 overall and 1-2 on road
Carolina - 1st B2B - 2-5 overall and 1-3 at home
Vancouver - 2nd B2B - 4-2 overall and 3-2 on road
Columbus - 1st B2B - 6-3 overall and 2-2 on road
NY Islanders - 1st B2B - 2-5 overall and 0-5 on road
Philadelphia - 1st B2B - 4-3 overall and 3-1 on road

Also, I would like to remind all of you that FRIDAY is so far the best day to bet on a dog, and from personal experience it's been like that in MLB, too.

Here are the numbers for current season (all SU, Friday only):

OCTOBER: dogs went 10-10, +3.66 Units
NOVEMBER: dogs went 14-12, +7.58 Units
DECEMBER: dogs went 11-14, +2.10 Units

Aside from this, but it happens that I like most of the dogs for tonight.

:cheers:

Montreal doesnt typically play well in NJ 2-16-2 last 20. Brodeur had a lot to do with that for sure, and Carey Price has had the knack of 'overcoming' these bad trends, but hes out for tonight. Still thinking on it.

The thing that almost makes Montreal worth a shot is that they could lose Sunday afternoon to the Panthers

Columbus looks good but Mason cant stay this hot. Mind you, I keep expecting Boston and Washington to regress at home and that hasnt happened yet :hang:

Just finished filling in my sheets, In december, 16 teams did 65% or better winning as Home favs, 11 of those did 75% or better which is remarkable.

Dont know who the goalie will be, doesnt look like the Devils seem to be willing to give Clemmensen a rest for Weekes, Clemmensen could be getting tired.

Just some thoughts...

My initial lean was to Montreal but 2 things concern me here:

1st - injuries they have and goalie situation
2nd - NJ have been shutout for consecutive games at home

So far, this is a no bet for me.

Carolina and St.Louis... probably another no-bet although I think Carolina should win but the line on ML or on STL +1.5 have no value.

Vancouver and Atlanta. Definitely like Atlanta here.

Columbus and Colorado. Agree with you that Mason's hot streak could come to an end. However, I'm not sure if Colorado actually wins here, strange line - a bit too low on COL tbh (was expecting more like -145 to -155). This one surely requires some additional thinking...

NY Islanders and Phoenix. The line's suggesting a blowout victory by Phoenix but I don't think so. A possible close game, will think about it some more.

Philadelphia and Anaheim. Definitely like Philadelphia here.

Thanks for Friday info about Blue Jackets.

Why I like Atlanta?

Again, trying to get my "line reading" skill up for another point ;)

First - teams haven't played for a while against each other, actually they have only one meeting over the last 2 seasons and that was here, in Atlanta when Canucks won 2-1.

Second, here are some stats to show us how really bad the Thrashers have been lately (all numbers Straight Up):

- they're 3-7 over their last 10 games and 1-4 over their last 5
- they're 1-4 over their last 5 home games and 1-10 in their last 11
- they're 3-13 on 1 day rest and 2-10 off a loss

At the same time, Vancouver is 5-5 over their last 10 games and playing their 2nd B2B game where they've posted so far a 4-2 record.

One would expect the line would be at least -160 towards Vancouver but instead it's opened at -127 and with majority of people on Canucks, has been moving down slightly (at the moment it's at -131).

However, there are some other numbers I'd like to share with you:

Vancouver won only 3 from their last 9 road games (two at Nashville and one at Minnesota) while being shutout twice and outscored 28-19.

Vancouver has been favored on the road only 2 times so far, and both times they lost:

1) they were -115 favorites @ Chicago and lost 2-4
2) they were -169 favorites @ NY Islanders and lost 1-2 in SO

Both times they had Luongo in goal.

At the same time, Atlanta is so far 3-3 SU as a home underdog in the price range from +100 to +125 winning against WAS 7-4 (at +125), 3-2 vs BUF (at +115) and against CAR 3-2 (as +110). They lost to MIN, PHI and CAR.

More important is the fact that the Thrashers recently played pretty good games vs Boston (L 1-2) and Carolina (L 4-5). They were in each of those games until the end and the results could've been different if they had just a little more luck (read: a few bounces here and there going their way). And the lone fact that they held Boston to only 2 goals in their most recent game while we know Bruins been averaging 3 to 4 goals per game - now that should be a huge thing (from confidence standpoint) for them, going into this game.

I know they've lost their last 2 games following that solid performance vs Boston but the good thing is - they haven't been blown out plus they're constantly trying and trying and trying. Effort is there, no question about it. Kovalchuk ended the longest goal drought in his career in their most recent game vs Carolina and prior to that they had a close game @ Toronto (L 3-4 in OT).

I'm definitely playing ATL +1.5 here but also thinking about taking a shot at the moneyline too.

Great stuff Unicorn and thanks. Looking at my sheets, I see that Atlanta off losses by 2 or more goals, have either won or lost by 1 goal in every game except for one game against Boston, so Atlanta +1.5 looks very solid to me. ie Atlanta is 10 of 11 covering the +1.5 following a loss of 2 or more goals.

Back