Friday night discussion

scdoggy

Moderator (Honorary)
I'm way behind on my homework here. Looks like most of us agreed on the under last night in Atlanta. Let's see if we can put our heads together tonight and draw a couple winners out of these games to pad the cushion heading into the big weekend slate....

Initial reaction here is the whole country saw Utah St's defense more than handle Southern Cal's offense last week. They could have thrown up a lower total if they wanted to and still gotten action on an under. Lean over here more than anything. Thoughts?

Not sure I'll play the BYU game but they should run all over MTSU. Raiders may keep it close in the early going but BYU should be pushing them all over the field in the second half and I look for the mormons to coast to a cover...

the argument against BYU is that they are in a tough sammich (Utah last week, Utah State next) but most sharp and sucker money is on them to this point. I do expect line to come back down at some point but if it doesn't then this will probably be a beatdown. Utah State seems a sucker side to me but SJ looked so piss-poor last week that I not sure if anyone will want them.

Irish, I'm sort of souring on the BYU game in general though I still lean Cougs and over if I was to play it.

More interested in the over in San Jose this evening. Pretty sure that one has my money for a medium sized chunk.

W/O grigsby SJS does not seem as attractive. Minny did roll them in the 2nd half but prior to that SJS was throwing the ball fine and looked to be in decent shape. Gophers defnitely had a chip on their shoulder during that game and momentum stole the show. Three key turnovers, 9 penalties and TOP 2 to 1 will do that to you.

USC offense blows and with Utah State cover last week, Spartans playing at home off a physical pounding I look for them to play hard and bounce back and keep within one possession.

Rumor floating out there that BYU has suspended Cody Hoffman. Nothing to confirm it yet.

Hoffman rumor has been going for about 3 days now, I still haven't seen it confirmed fwiw. Got a link? If anyone wants to fade away I'm on MTSU +23.5 and USU -10.

Personally I don't think Hoffman playing or not does much to effect the outcome of this one. BYU going to mash them with the running game. If MTSU can make enough stops they cover, if not BYU rolls. I'm close to adding the Cougs but am laying off for now...

Your right, he probably doesn't affect the outcome much but BYU has few options if/when they have to pass. Their QB couldn't throw his way out of a wet paper bag either so Hoffman probably only touches the ball twice this game even if he does play. I think MTSU can score, the question is can they stop BYU run game enough to keep it within the number....I'll nibble.

Utah st and SJSU tonight:

my perspective is that San Jose just isn't as good this year, and Utah st looks just as good or better than last year. SJSU has major problems on the lines.....Fales is a stud, but he has no running game and their offensive line doesn't look in sync. Their defense is obviously having a very difficult time with the switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense, and it's showing. I don't think they have the hogs up front and that's why they have no answer to the run. I like Utah St a lot
tonight, and I normally don't play road teams on weeknight games. I also like the over though as well. I think it's a strong play

Scdoggy bol i'm with you on BYU but like you said it's just to many point's. but the usc and ND sure look good like you said most gamblers will be betting AZ STATE and OK.

Hoffman rumor has been going for about 3 days now, I still haven't seen it confirmed fwiw. Got a link? If anyone wants to fade away I'm on MTSU +23.5 and USU -10.

Because of how the BYU offense has been operating it isn't huge news, but it is somewhat significant still. Hoffman could have broken some career receiving records this season so he can produce. With their #1 out that makes the receiving unit down one or two notches for sure and it has been disappointing anyhow. Couple it with Jamaal Williams almost certainly out that takes their two best skill players out of the game tonight.

I have a friend who actually talks to Jonathan Stone(a tout, think I seen him in eggman thread)...this guy is awful

He loves the SJ UNDER....so your OVER bets are likely good haha

Back