[TD="class: line"]-15 -11[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-17 -05 / -16.5 / -17 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline"]-17[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-750[/TD]
[TD="class: halftime"][/TD]
[TD="class: score"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]BOI-WR-Matt Miller-OUT | TV: ESPN, DTV: 206 | PARTLY CLOUDY, SOUTHEAST WIND 4-9. GAME TEMP 64, RH 34%[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 7"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: time"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]9:00 PM EDT[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team odd"]
[TD="class: name"]311 TEMPLE[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]51.5[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]51u11 / 51 / 52.5[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline highlight"]53[/TD]
[TD="class: line highlight"]+255[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: team even"]
[TD="class: name"]312 Houston U[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-6.5 -19[/TD]
[TD="class: line"]-8.5 / -8.5 -04 / -8.5 -05[/TD]
[TD="class: currentline highlight"]-8.5[/TD]
[TD="class: line highlight"]-310[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: note"]
[TD="colspan: 7"]TV: ESPNU, DTV: 208 | MOSTLY FAIR, SOUTH WIND 3-8. GAME TEMP 77, RH 64% HEAT INDEX 79[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 7"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Earlier today I hit:
$300 Temple +7.5 -110
$150 Fresno St +17 -115

Reasons coming shortly - looking for feedback and thoughts on what wagers you are thinking is the best for tonight. May also hit MLs/team totals on both dogs

Best price I can find on those are:
Temple +275 (TT 22 -110)
Fresno +550 (TT 22.5 -115 or 23.5 -110)

Fresno State at Boise -17
The main thing with this game is how poorly the Boise State defensive back have played and the yardage they give up through the air. I think Fresno St can take advantage of that and put up respectable numbers this week. In addition both teams have been turning the ball over way too much. With the offense Fresno has and the coin flip of potential turnovers I think this line belongs more in the 8.5 range than three scores. After the embarrassing loss last time out for Fresno I look for them to play a complete game and not just show up for the 2nd half.

Temple at Houston -8.5
Temple has played as the better team so far this season. What concerns me the most is Houston's change at QB from John O'Korn to Greg Ward, Jr. After the change in Houston's previous game Ward passed for 188 yards and led the team in rushing with 95 yards. O'Korn was also responsible for 8 interceptions and took the wind out of the sails in some of Houston's games. So we have a bit of uncertainty with what Houston's offense is capable of. What we do know is that Temple has been great on defense this year. Temple is giving up only 14.4 ppg which is 4th in the country (helped by their +8 turnover margin). Temple is also scoring over 38 points a game. Houston won by 4 last week on the road with the new QB against a Memphis team that turned the ball over 5 times. With all of that said Temple has shown they can win on the road, play defense, and create turnovers. I'll take 2 scores with them as a dog. Will likely add more on spread (or make a team total wager) and possibly money line. Would be interested on hearing what others have to say.

It's possible I would rather wager NBA pre-season than these games.
Though, I don't know how Cougar High is laying so much. I confess I haven't kept up with them this yr.

Don't think this was mentioned above...UH had two big defensive injuries last week v. Memphis. Lost a starting CB and their MLB to season ending injuries. The latter (Derrick Matthews) is an all-conference player and the active leader in career tackles in the FBS.

Don't think this was mentioned above...UH had two big defensive injuries last week v. Memphis. Lost a starting CB and their MLB to season ending injuries. The latter (Derrick Matthews) is an all-conference player and the active leader in career tackles in the FBS.

Even more reason the line should be moving towards Temple. I see Rexy predicted the line would open at Houston -10.5. Not sure what I'm missing other than maybe prematurely buying in on the Temple hype.

Temple at Houston -8.5
Temple has played as the better team so far this season. What concerns me the most is Houston's change at QB from John O'Korn to Greg Ward, Jr. After the change in Houston's previous game Ward passed for 188 yards and led the team in rushing with 95 yards. O'Korn was also responsible for 8 interceptions and took the wind out of the sails in some of Houston's games. So we have a bit of uncertainty with what Houston's offense is capable of. What we do know is that Temple has been great on defense this year. Temple is giving up only 14.4 ppg which is 4th in the country (helped by their +8 turnover margin). Temple is also scoring over 38 points a game. Houston won by 4 last week on the road with the new QB against a Memphis team that turned the ball over 5 times. With all of that said Temple has shown they can win on the road, play defense, and create turnovers. I'll take 2 scores with them as a dog. Will likely add more on spread (or make a team total wager) and possibly money line. Would be interested on hearing what others have to say.
Fondy I agree with you I don't understand the better team is getting +9 are you MF kidding me the wise guys are betting houston ty wise guys

Houston for me................here are my reasons, which are just stupid....kinda like my handicapping methods

1. Temple's schedule has been shit.....the only teams with a pulse have been Vandy, UConn and Navy......Vandy gave them 7 turnovers, Uconn gave them 3 (and Uconn out-statted them) and Navy beat them....not impressed....and Tulsa's offense had a very nice day against the Temple D

2. I think Ward will present problems for the Temple D......I think Houston will score plenty.

3. I just loved the way Houston competed against a pretty tough BYU team.....

4. Lastly and maybe MOST IMPORTANTLY...........everyone....and i mean EVERYONE over at blankets is on Temple thinking they are sharp taking the dog.......love me some Cougar

Seriously....that is all I got....LOL

boise state beats up on FS every year big time the last 10 years the games have been killers for FS bol fondy

Some may find this a reason to support Boise. Fresno State is 5-2 ATS in its last seven conference games but 1-5 ATS in its last six road games. Boise State is 4-1 ATS in its last five games overall.

boise state beats up on FS every year big time the last 10 years the games have been killers for FS bol fondy

:shake:

Here's the last 9 years. Personally I think both teams are way different than they have been recently so I'm not taking too much of past history into consideration.

[TABLE="class: wikitable"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]2005[/TD]
[TD]Bulldog Stadium[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Fresno State[/TD]
[TD]27[/TD]
[TD="align: left"]Boise State[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Tied 4–4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]9[/TD]
[TD]2006[/TD]
[TD]Bronco Stadium[/TD]
[TD]45[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Boise State 5–4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]2007[/TD]
[TD]Bulldog Stadium[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]21[/TD]
[TD]Boise State 6–4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]11[/TD]
[TD]2008[/TD]
[TD]Bronco Stadium[/TD]
[TD]61[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Boise State 7–4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]12[/TD]
[TD]2009[/TD]
[TD]Bulldog Stadium[/TD]
[TD]51[/TD]
[TD]34[/TD]
[TD]Boise State 8–4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]13[/TD]
[TD]2010[/TD]
[TD]Bronco Stadium[/TD]
[TD]51[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]Boise State 9–4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]14[/TD]
[TD]2011[/TD]
[TD]Bulldog Stadium[/TD]
[TD]57[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]Boise State 10–4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]2012[/TD]
[TD]Bronco Stadium[/TD]
[TD]20[/TD]
[TD]Fresno State[/TD]
[TD]10[/TD]
[TD]Boise State 11–4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]16[/TD]
[TD]2013[/TD]
[TD]Bulldog Stadium[/TD]
[TD]41[/TD]
[TD]Boise State[/TD]
[TD]40[/TD]
[TD]Boise State 11–5[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Houston for me................here are my reasons, which are just stupid....kinda like my handicapping methods

1. Temple's schedule has been shit.....the only teams with a pulse have been Vandy, UConn and Navy......Vandy gave them 7 turnovers, Uconn gave them 3 (and Uconn out-statted them) and Navy beat them....not impressed....and Tulsa's offense had a very nice day against the Temple D

2. I think Ward will present problems for the Temple D......I think Houston will score plenty.

3. I just loved the way Houston competed against a pretty tough BYU team.....

4. Lastly and maybe MOST IMPORTANTLY...........everyone....and i mean EVERYONE over at blankets is on Temple thinking they are sharp taking the dog.......love me some Cougar

Seriously....that is all I got....LOL

Thanks for the feedback. How do you think the Houston D will handle the Temple O? The over 52.5 is starting to look a bit more promising then the Temple team total for a smaller wager.

Thanks for the feedback. How do you think the Houston D will handle the Temple O? The over 52.5 is starting to look a bit more promising then the Temple team total for a smaller wager.

Temple's offense is certianly not anything special, but Houston is really banged up on D....I read that they may need to pull a couple redshirts off.....that is something that scares me...but overall I just see Houston getting over on this team on offense and they will get enough stops to extend......I am horrible at totals, but would lean over.

NCF: What will be the GAME RESULT?
[TABLE="class: mg-gametableQ, width: 0"]
<tbody style="border: 0px none; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column1 start, align: center"]9:05 PM
ESPNU

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column2 sport, align: center"]
icon_football.gif

NCF
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents"] Temple: Wins or Single Digit Loss[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column5 status, align: center"]Not Started
[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]91.5%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column7 heat, align: center"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: mg-column3 opponents last"] @ Houston: Wins By Double Digits[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column4 result last, align: center"]--[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column6 wpw, align: center"]8.5%[/TD]
[TD="class: mg-column8 pick borderRight last, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Tweet

Discuss (47)

took 8.5 earlier, but very, very small......was planning on waiting for the crash to unload the other 80% of my bet......will it crash?

Can't see it falling lower than 9. Hit 10 at Pinny and came back to 9.5 in a few minutes.

Lang on Temple +7.5

Not to derail the Fri night games but since I missed the in game last night. Wtf kind of offense was that from va tech?
Painful to watch. Nothing like running 2 yd cross routes all night.

Temple's offense is certianly not anything special, but Houston is really banged up on D....I read that they may need to pull a couple redshirts off.....that is something that scares me...but overall I just see Houston getting over on this team on offense and they will get enough stops to extend......I am horrible at totals, but would lean over.

It appears Temple is efficient on offense with the 38 points a game. Assume with their defense playing good so far this season that they have had a lot of short fields. Team total at 5dimes dropped to 21.5 on Temple (from 22 earlier). Have a ML at +300 option right now too.

It appears Temple is efficient on offense with the 38 points a game. Assume with their defense playing good so far this season that they have had a lot of short fields. Team total at 5dimes dropped to 21.5 on Temple (from 22 earlier). Have a ML at +300 option right now too.

38 ppg not really indicitive of the truth imo.....Vandy gave them short fields all day (I think they had got three TOs in Vandy territory), along with a defensive TD.....UConn gave them 2 short fields and they also scored two defensive TDs and a safety...as for teh points against Tulsa and DE state.....all I am going say is that I could throw for 250 and 3 TDs against those defenses........

Haha no idea.
Ottawa is playing. They 're the worst team in the cfl.

I like under. They played in July, also at Hamilton. The line was Ham-7/ 47. The final was Ham 33-23. Total today is 44.5, I just think "they" want you to take the over. Plus, there's some shitty weather in the neighborhood. Good Luck...

Notre Dame held Temple to six points in week one last season but they have averaged 32 ppg in seven road games since then.

Temple Adds
$250 Temple O21.5 -110
$100 Temple +10 -120
$100 Temple ML +295

Fresno State Adds
$150 Fresno St O22 -110
$100 Fresno State +17.5 -110
$50 Fresno St ML +600

Predicting Boise by 30+ and Houston by 20+

Back