Friday Night Bases

David Hess

I had a split last night.

Arizona Diamondbacks vs San Francisco Giants

The Giants are 6 games behind the Cubs for the final playoff spot and while that may be too much for them to overcome, they are not playing like it is. The Giants have won 5 of the 6 games on this current homestand so far and all 5 wins have been by 2 runs or more. In fact we note that the Giants last 8 wins overall have come by 2 runs or more.

Getting the Ball for San Francisco is Madison Bumgarner, who is 9-2 with a 1.85 ERA at home and 8 of the teams 10 home wins with him on the mound have come by 2 runs or more. He will be opposed by Ruby De La Rosa, who is really struggling at the moment as he comes in at 1-3 with an 8.50 ERA in his last 4 starts.

The Giants have the edge on the mound and at the plate as well right now as they have averaged 6 rpg in their last 10, while the DBacks have averaged 4.6 rpg over the same span. San Fran also has the motivational edge and they are 30-12 in Mad Bum's last 42 starts overall, plus 21-6 in their last 27 at home, while Arizona is just 14-43 in their last 57 raod games vs a team with a winning record.

Play San Francisco -1.5 (+105) over Arizona

Chicago White Sox vs Cleveland Indians

This has been an Under dominated series as 24 of the last 30 between these team have gone Under the total, while 9 of the last 11 here have gone under.

Chris Sale is struggling right now, but he has a 2.03 ERA in his last 5 starts vs the Tribe and a 2.08 ERA in his last 2 trips to Progressive Field. I look for him to have a strong outing in this one.

Cody Anderson has not been struggling of late as he has a nice and tidy 1.93 ERA and an 0.91 WHIP in his last 3 starts.

The White Sox are hot on offense, while the Tribe have killed lefties of late, but still I feel that the pitching will win out here.

Play Chicago/ Cleveland Under 7

GLA

Back