Friday NBA

SF_capper

CTG addict
ugh got court at 8 Pacific time- 11 eastern time. just gonna pull all-nighter and goto court- then class- then come home and sleep before the games. gonna writeup a bit bout todays games, if any1s up that wanna talk hoops for an hour, I'm down

Phoenix Suns -7 @ Washington Wizards

I think there's a little rivalry between these 2 teams (with Arenas in though). A little history- Arenas didn't get on team USA and partially blamed D'Antoni and aid he'd get 50 on the suns the next time they played- and he did- 54 pts at phoenix in an OT win in which he scraemed Hibachi after each shot. well the next (and last) time they played, at wash, Phoenix won 127-105. a couple quotes from that game: "I did hear that they wanted to be the Phoenix Suns of the East," said Amare Stoudemire "I think there's only one Phoenix Suns, and we rest in the West. And that's how it's going to be for a while." and.. "I think respect, more than revenge," said Nash, who had the same number of assists as the entire Wizards team. "We know they're a good team, and we didn't want to underestimate them or have a lack of energy to start the game. That was, I think, our motivation. We respected how well they played at our place and we wanted to give them a better game". not really sure if this applies to this game- doubt it. but it can.. well either way, it shows Phoenix dont really like Wash. dunno the exact numbers, but wash is playin pretty well w/o arenas. I'd say even better. well looking closer at that record, they haven't really done too well against real competition (save a W at the struggling Dallas). I've said it all yr, wash cannot play with bigs. if you got a big, wash is screwed. Amare should feast, and Nash got Antonio Daniels- shouldn't be too hard. 10 outta last 11 gone over for wash. 4 straight overs for Phoenix. very little hance, but maybe a lookahead for wash who got NJ who beat them a couple days ago. well I expect Wash to get exploited by true PGS this next 2 games. Nash and Kidd. leaning to the square side: phoenix and over

Indiana +8 @ Orlando

well Orlando has really really impressed me (and screwed me outta lotta dollars) this yr, covering is spots where you'd expect them to fail. they are a mentally tough ass team. They don't seem to come flat ever really. Not gonna bet against these guys for a bit. Indi also, kinda impressed me through their recent road trip. I like Indiana to get it done in their first home game after their road trip. Friday game, arena should be packed. also.. (just saw this,) I already thought the total was high, and 9 outta their last 10 games have gone under. I know both teams really changed their philosophies this yr, but still. lean Orlando and over

I feel kinda funny bout that I know all the fav's wont hit Waiting on some of the unlined games

Chicago +8.5 @ Detroit

gonna be on detroit. Chicago won at home against detroit on tnt uhh earlier this season with playoff revenge. well, now revenge time for Detroit. Detroit just rolled thru their 4/5 games on the road. They are fuckin on fire right now, and you'd be dumb/brave to bet against them. yea- thats square talk- but tis real talk. Chicago hasn't able to do shit on the road at all this yr. The circus trip always hurts them but still. Their win over Charlotte was less them winning, and more charlotte giving it to them. I had charlotte that game and was pissed as hell. Chicago still cannot play on the road. they only won cuz charlotte cannot play at all. Detroit should roll here. matchup wise, gordon and heinrich just dont have the size. Wallace cant guard Sheed. Chizago won earlier this yr coming out with their best game of the yr, don't think it'll be so easy tho. like detroit

I feel kinda funny bout that I know all the fav's wont hit Waiting on some of the unlined games

yea. I;'m not leaning on all the faves, just that most of my leans are faves. leans are: detroit, phoenix, Detroit, GS, Memphis, Milwaukee, Philly

fasho Satyr

ok well I gotta go in a bit, but one more writeup

Miami +10.5 @ Golden State

square play for a good reason. This is matchup hell for Miami. Miami plays ugly ass basketball. They throw bad passes on regularity and are pretty lucky they don't get caught doing it more often. DWade is not playin like himself. He's not being aggressive/ taking it in strong like the Dwade of the championship yr. I don't know why but its true. This is why GS will dominate this game. Warriors make up for less rebounds by getting steals and steals and running after each rebound like they just stole it and gotta run. Shaq's fatass will be ineffective tonight. Miami will try early to get it into him, but after 4-5 turnovers, they'll stop and sub him out. We'll front him and double team and everything, and I'm sure starting Penny Hardaway will not be able to make us regret it. GS wants to get on a run and after one win, they'll get this one.

I like the Orlando overI think the line is shaded to the prior years history with these two but they play much faster and Orlando shoots alot of threes

will likely be on...

Orlando- 1 unit
Detroit- 4 units
Memphis- 2 units
San Antonio- 1 unit
Clips-1 unit
GS- 8 units
milwaukee- 1 unit

I hate the suspicious line movement, but man this play keep getting better

Shaq bitchin about touches again= possibly forcing it into him= steals= fast breaks= GS BY 30

and I forgot about this one. I'm hoping Duncan is in

Utah pk @ SA

yea I'm crazy. I had SA against Dallas and said "an undefeated home team getting points at home? thats a joke" but it was more of a fade of dallas who suddenyl every1 loved cuz duncan was out despite revenge. again I take revenge a lot into account when capping. this one is for Utah. Utah has EVERY REASON to be completely motivated to win tonight. 0-19 at San Antonio, the same team that ran you out of the playoffs

"That's always in the back of your mind," guard Ronnie Brewer said. "If you forget about it, Coach [Jerry] Sloan definitely brings it up, let's you know that we haven't won there in such a long time, the streak we've had and how tough a team they are."

"The last time I saw [the Spurs] play, we looked like we didn't want to play against them,'' Sloan said, "so hopefully, we'll want to play against them this time. We just went down there and it looked like packed it in, so hopefully we won't do that this time."

and the whole Boozer/Williams saying the team didn't have a championship vision...

This is the definition of a motivational game for Utah. and off a loss to Sacramento?!

damm.. I'm gonna be bigger on it. I prefer Duncan to be in!! I'll get a better line

jazz suck penis on the roadsee the loss to the knicks for reference

soo changing my likely plays to..

Philly-small
suns-small
Detroit-medium
Utah-big
GS-big
Milw-small
LAC-small

and why do you guys like NY tonight?

we thinks philly staff change and talk of every1's job up for grabs will bring somehitng outta these fucks

more than I can say about NY

i dont like ny and im a knicks fanits a home and home series so each team will win on there home turf

The Jazz have sucked on the road for awhile now. They did have a couple of decent victories this year over DET and TOR on the road. I can't say that I think the Spurs are better than those teams w/out Duncan. They played one of their best games of the year to beat an inept Dallas team. Can the Spurs expect/count on that same production from Ginobli tonight? Either way I don't like catching falling knives and that's exactly what a team is that hasn't won a game in SAN in 19 tries.
The over has an interesting look to it though,

ok well I'm out. might not make it to post plays:

Philly-1
Phoenix-1
Det-3
Utah-4
LAC-1
GS-7
Milw-1

won't know lines til gametime. I call local 15 minutes before gametime to place bets. unless otherwise stated- this is it

Back