Friday NBA w/ your favorite teenager...*HUGE CARD!*

Capt. Slap

1st year apprentice of Sammy
POSTED RECORD: 8-3
LAST NIGHT: 4-2

Had a solid night last night hitting the Sacramento game and the 2nd Half. A little disappointed on the OVER in the Sacramento game, as I really thought they'd reach the 200's. It's cool though, I can never complain about a winning night...

Lets also keep in mind that the Wagerline streak is at 6...I need to get to 9...I WANT THAT HAT!!!!! The jacket would also be a plus (as would the 1,000)...but lets not get carried away

And onto the plays we go....

7:00 pm Portland @ Charlotte
<o:p> </o:p>
My Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Charlotte</st1:place></st1:city> -6
Actual Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Charlotte</st1:place></st1:city> -3.5
Over/Under – Projected: 190…Actual: 188.5
PLAY: The TrailBlazers come into this game in a horrible funk, losing I believe 6 out of their last 7...while the Bobcats have lost their last 2, albeit on the road, but have won the last couple at home. I’m looking strongly into a Bobcats play here as I think <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Portland</st1:place></st1:city> MAY be focused on the big showdown (if you can call it that) with the Wizkids on Sunday…
_____________________________________________________<o:p> </o:p>
7:00 pm LA Clippers @ Philadelphia
My Line: Pk
Actual Line: n/a
Over/Under – Projected: 190…Actual: n/a
PLAY: I just don’t know anymore. I thought the Clippers would do well this year, but damn was I wrong. And I thought Philly would just tank it after the Iverson trade, but damn was I wrong. Both of these teams are mediocre and could go either way. Slight lean to Philly because they’re at home. I know the line isn’t out yet but, best of luck if you even touch this game.
_____________________________________________________<o:p>
</o:p>
7:00 pm LA Lakers @ Toronto
My Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toronto</st1:place></st1:city> -6
Actual Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toronto</st1:place></st1:city> -3.5
Over/Under – Projected: 215…Actual: 204.5
PLAY: I’m thinking there may not be a total high enough to keep these 2 teams from passing it. Sure, last time they played it was 107-100 in LA with the Lakers taking it, but these two teams are entirerly different now IMO. <st1:city w:st="on">Toronto</st1:city> is just SOARING with confidence, and is finally the talk of the town in <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toronto</st1:place></st1:city> (somewhat, from what I hear lol). I expect them to put up a GREAT performance tonight with the crowd rocking like no other. Look for <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Toronto</st1:place></st1:city> to pull away late. Also, I nailed the <st1:city w:st="on">Toronto</st1:city> over the other night when they played <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:city>, and I put the Lakers in the same boat. This total is deflated because of the Lakers performance tonight. STRONG PLAY on the OVER and the Raptors -3.5!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>_____________________________________________________
7:00 pm San Antonio @ Orlando
My Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Antonio</st1:place></st1:city> -5
Actual Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">San Antonio</st1:place></st1:city> -6.5
Over/Under – Projected: 190…Actual: 182.5
PLAY: I dunno. I figure if the Spurs are 5 point favorites in <st1:state w:st="on">Washington</st1:state>, then they should be 5 point favorites in <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Orlando</st1:place></st1:city>. This game however, could go either way IMO. But it does seem like the elite of the West always dominates the East. Soooooo, I may play Spurs….STAY TUNED *bah bah bahhhh*
7:00 pm Denver @ Indiana
My Line: <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Indiana</st1:place></st1:state> -3
Over/Under – Projected: 205…Actual: n/a
PLAY: I had to predict a -3 here, even though I saw Bill’s post earlier saying he would love <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:city> in this spot. I have to agree, and I lean to <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:city> as the play here, especially catching points!<o:p></o:p>
7:30 pm New Jersey @ Boston
My Line: <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Jersey</st1:place></st1:state> -3
Actual Line: <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">New Jersey</st1:place></st1:state> -4.5
Over/Under – Projected: 190...Actual: 191
PLAY: Uhhhhhh…yeah….I don’t play the Celtics because all I want is losses…and Greg Oden. But if you want some insight…the Celtics are due, and play the Nets hard, who suck. I wouldn’t be surprised with a Celtics win here. It’s either Nets -4.5 or Celtics ML. Hey, take a stab at both! You will only lose juice.
8:00 pm Miami @ Cleveland
My Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:city> -3
Actual Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:city> -2
Over/Under – Projected: 195…Actual: 192
PLAY: Alright, <st1:city w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:city> played <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:city> the other week on National TV and led/covered almost the entire way. Yes, they covered at the end, but the loss was demoralizing after Wade just destroyed them in the 4<sup>th</sup> Quarter. They will NOT let that happen again, and they WILL win this game. <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:city> -2 to the bank $$$!
8:00 pm Minnesota @ Memphis
My Line: <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:place></st1:state> -3
Actual Line: <st1:state w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:place></st1:state> -1.5
Over/Under – Projected: 200…Actual: 215
PLAY: Hmmm…I LOVE <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:state w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:state></st1:place> here, because I think they’ll win…but hmmm…the line seems fishy. The total seems very high for some reason, I might take a shot at the under instead of the Minny side -1.5…or I might play both and figure a 1-1 split at worst. We’ll see by tomorrow.
8:30 pm Houston @ Dallas
My Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dallas</st1:place></st1:city> -6
Actual Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dallas</st1:place></st1:city> -6.5<o:p></o:p>
Over/Under – Projected: 195…Actual: 185
PLAY: Much like the play below, I doubt I’ll be touching this. I actually think it could be a really good game though…
9:00 pm Atlanta @ Phoenix
My Line: <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Phoenix</st1:place></st1:city> -10
Over/Under – Projected: 225…Actual: n/a
PLAY: Not touching this game. If I played anything it’d be Hawks 1<sup>st</sup> half as they’ll keep it close IMO.
10:30 pm Chicago @ Golden State
My Line: <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Golden</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">State</st1:placetype></st1:place> -3
Over/Under – Projected: 200…Actual: n/a
PLAY: I expect <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Golden</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">State</st1:placetype></st1:place> to be favored here when the line comes out. Also…this is the one chance for <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placename w:st="on">Golden</st1:placename> <st1:placetype w:st="on">State</st1:placetype></st1:place> to be on National TV…I don’t look for them to disappoint!

And here's the Sparknotes version; plays so far (possibly adding GS later on..depends on the line)...

CHARLOTTE -3.5

TORONTO -3.5

TORONTO/LA LAKERS OVER 204.5

BOSTON +4.5 (fuck...I don't want to play this...but I know today is the day they end the streak)

CLEVELAND -2

MINNESOTA/MEMPHIS UNDER 215

I think of all the spots where the Celts might be a good play this is it...NJ seriously struggling on the road even though they did beat the Hawks by 2...its just a spot where Celts have got to be dying to get the Mouse off their back facing a team that probably shouldnt be favored on the road anywhere...Looks like a solid card Captain:shake:

gs i like but i need to know their situation at pg.

celts i agree dont now if i can find it in me to bet on them to actually win a game, however, the nets have a look ahead to a rematch with orlando on saturday. i could make the case to fade NJ in a sandwich spot.

raps and over i like both

for now though im going to bed.

p.s. hibachi on saturday

CANCEL the Golden State PK

Taking Chicago +1 instead...got a good feeling

WAGERLINE SURVIVOR STREAK IS ON THE LINE ON BULLS+1...going for 7-0!

Last edited:
WTF? Suns over/under is only at 200.5?

Thats bullshit

OVER 200.5 IN PHOENIX/ATLANTA...thank god I peeped Big Al's thread

*adding*

Minny/Memphis UNDER 105.5 2nd Half

I told y'all this total was too high earlier...the 2nd Half is too high as well!

Pound the under!

Shoulda stayed with Gut on GS bro...be that much closer to a Tshirt

Either way..love the thread today..great thoughts..some wijnnas...time for some waffles yo

Damn man, I actually ended up at Waffle House tonight which is HILARIOUS...I even took a pic of the menu so I'll post that shit up in the second

Luckily I'm coming down from my drunkenness and saw the ending of that Golden State game, thats some straight bullshit...nobody knows how bad I wanted that hat, thats straight braggin rights in front of all my boys...anyways hopefully I can get to some plays in the morning, but I gotta buy my Red Sox vs. Yankee tickets at 10am so we'll see..

Imma clue everyone in on one of the plays though, and its New Orleans/Minny UNDER ;)

Lets also add that that play will be my first in my Wagerline 9-0 streak haha

Anyways, heres the pic

:cheers:

2ilop6w.jpg

Back