Friday NBA Action(11-17-06)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
54-30-5 +26.84 units

Okay, last night was great. Hit the biggest play of year so far on Philadelphia. Four units on side at plus money and one unit on ML made for a nice little night indeed. Split the other two ballgames. Washington just couldn't make shots.

Friday's card is doggy style...here are thep lays..I will be back throughout next 24 hours with thoughts and to answer whatever is on your mind. GL

Portland +7.5 -110
Washington +5.5 -109
Chicago +8 -105
Toronto-LA Lakers Over 206 (3 units)

I love the Tor-Lakers OVER, I just took it over 207 for 3 untis as well. That chicago game is scary. I'm thinking chicago will be exhausted after Dal the other night and tonight Houston. I can see why Washington, but I gotta believe Detroit is just as mad if not more than Wash. Both are desperate IMO. Like that Portland play, who's Boston to give 7 pts?!

Inital reactions. This is the best and only game to play Portland. They will certainly blow off the next game but knowing that this game they will play I believe. Not sure if I can play Bulls. Expect the number to go up so plenty of time to think about it. But after this game its open warfare as I expect to bet against them in at least the next 4 games. Old teams on short rest equal major fade. GL

Like your Over Hollywood. Big game Saturday, ethier way me and Fond are hazing someone.

:wacka wacka:

gl bar.....just a little fyi, i know i told you i was on michigan earlier in the week but i am now currently off...osu qualifies in a home momentum situation that is 165-83-4....gl with the nba card, i am not very good at nba so i won't give any thoughts...however, i will say that i absolutely love the nfl card this weekend, my favorite of the year so far....have a great weekend buddy!!!

good luck B.A.R...

btw...I've been struggling real bad in the NBA, so in an effort to get back to even, I've been betting your plays...but only the ones that I really like. Ironically, they are 0-4, despite you having a GREAT record. If this continues, I'll have to have you PM me your picks, and I can tell you which ones I like, so you can take them out :)

Today's one I like: Toronto/LAL over

WHat up big man. You hear c webb bitchin. Laughin my ass off.. asking for a trade. Who the hell is gonna want a 20 million dollar a year role player who has no knees.

sodapop said:
hey bar thought you were gonna watch the detrit games for a few weeks......

That is very true bro.

I know Flip spent 50 minutes yesteray going over fundamentals. Believe it or not this teams defense wasn't as good as it seemed last year. They had gotten lazy and relied on Ben in support.

I was thinking of playing off this game earlier but know I am not. I just feel that Washington stsyle matches up well with Detroit. Washington off poor game. Gil has been on again-off again this year. Big game for him tonight. I see a final minutes game so those points are nice

abcs said:
WHat up big man. You hear c webb bitchin. Laughin my ass off.. asking for a trade. Who the hell is gonna want a 20 million dollar a year role player who has no knees.

Didn't hear that but its ineveitable. Sad really. One of the most talented players ever to grace an NBA floor. He lacked health and a killer instinct to take his place in history

Seabass said:
good luck B.A.R...

btw...I've been struggling real bad in the NBA, so in an effort to get back to even, I've been betting your plays...but only the ones that I really like. Ironically, they are 0-4, despite you having a GREAT record. If this continues, I'll have to have you PM me your picks, and I can tell you which ones I like, so you can take them out :)

Today's one I like: Toronto/LAL over

We're gonna bust outta that tonight pal. It will turn around. I have seen your NBA knowledge. Its just fine. Lets start with a clean slate and get rolling:cheers:

tazz said:
gl bar.....just a little fyi, i know i told you i was on michigan earlier in the week but i am now currently off...osu qualifies in a home momentum situation that is 165-83-4....gl with the nba card, i am not very good at nba so i won't give any thoughts...however, i will say that i absolutely love the nfl card this weekend, my favorite of the year so far....have a great weekend buddy!!!

Sounds good bud. I'll be on MSN in a little bit. Computer been messed up lately. Back to normal. Like to hear your NFL thoughts.

BTW CTG crew...Tazz hit Pistons series bet back n 2004. A bold move yet it proved to be easy.

B.A.R. said:
Didn't hear that but its ineveitable. Sad really. One of the most talented players ever to grace an NBA floor. He lacked health and a killer instinct to take his place in history

Good points. Love talkin hoops. He in my opinion re wrote the pf position and the way basketball was played. His athleticsm and baggy shorts coming out of Det Country day were crazy. The guy was the most gifted guy to come into college hoops for a long time. Its a shame to see how shriveled up he became when the game was on the line. Oh well.. i dont feel bad for anyone making 20 million a year :smiley_acbe:

abcs said:
Good points. Love talkin hoops. He in my opinion re wrote the pf position and the way basketball was played. His athleticsm and baggy shorts coming out of Det Country day were crazy. The guy was the most gifted guy to come into college hoops for a long time. Its a shame to see how shriveled up he became when the game was on the line. Oh well.. i dont feel bad for anyone making 20 million a year :smiley_acbe:

Nice little Country Day reference..was wondering if you had that one in your arsenal ;)

No doubt he changed the game. Maybe more indirectly than directly. Today's power fowards are molded much like Chris.

B.A.R. said:
Nice little Country Day reference..was wondering if you had that one in your arsenal ;)

No doubt he changed the game. Maybe more indirectly than directly. Today's power fowards are molded much like Chris.

Yea same school as Shane Battier as well.. ;)

Nice talkin hoops with you.. you had some good ones in your aresnal.

Low scoring 4th Captain..that sucks(relatively low-scoring)

Bad day capping but pretty much even

Back