Friday MLB

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
since 7/28 Posted on CTG

34-14, (+34,085)--- ML, RL and Totals

Hit my last play with Florida.

Now 20 games over .500 during this pretty long stretch (71%). Hit 8 of my last 10 and 3-0 since "my last play in baseball"..:36_11_6:

Pretty good roll going so I'll keep pecking away. Selective.

Games I am looking at-- No plays yet:

Cleveland -140-- Anthony Reyes has been very impressive. In his 5 starts with the Indians he has given up 1 ER 3 times and 2ER twice going 6 or 7 innings in 4 of the 5 starts.. Opposite Duckworth. Actually he has been decent in two almost identical starts against Detroit..KC with double header win yesterday and winners of 3 in a row.

Cubs -147-- Just think Arroyo is due to get blasted and have a feeling the Cubs are going to break out. Lilly has been good enough lately. Has struggled against Reds in his career but this is not the same team he has struggled against. Reds are scoring lately having topped 7 runs in 4 of last 6 games. That surprised me and will probably keep me off it.

Oakland -107-- tough to back Oakland on the road but I like the pitching matchup.. Braden has impressed.

Minny -150-- Liriano at home. Detroit fading.

ONE play Cleveland -140, 4 units WIN

Last edited:
Braden has been impressive. I'm on the A's tonight. You should also look into the White Sox, fading Moseley. It's a heavy price, but so is Minny to fade Detroit.

Duckworth has had two starts. Both against Detroit. Both Against Rogers. Both wins. And almost identical lines in both games:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>GB</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>#Pit</TD><TD>HBP</TD><TD>Dec.</TD><TD>Rel.</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/30</TD><TD align=left>@DET</TD><TD align=left>W 13-3</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>103</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>W(2-0)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.91</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/24</TD><TD align=left>DET</TD><TD align=left>W 7-3</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>W(1-0)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>5.40</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:4_12_12:

Duckworth has had two starts. Both against Detroit. Both Against Rogers. Both wins. And almost identical lines in both games:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>DATE</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT</TD><TD>IP</TD><TD>H</TD><TD>R</TD><TD>ER</TD><TD>HR</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>SO</TD><TD>GB</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>#Pit</TD><TD>HBP</TD><TD>Dec.</TD><TD>Rel.</TD><TD>ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>8/30</TD><TD align=left>@DET</TD><TD align=left>W 13-3</TD><TD>6.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>103</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>W(2-0)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>4.91</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>8/24</TD><TD align=left>DET</TD><TD align=left>W 7-3</TD><TD>5.0</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>24</TD><TD>88</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>W(1-0)</TD><TD>--</TD><TD>5.40</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:4_12_12:

Did some additional reasearch on Duckworth who is basically a 32 year old journeyman pitcher who has bounced around alot and never had a major league job for more than a short period.

His line in his two starts isn't too bad on the surface. But consider:

Both wins were against a reeling Tiger team that was in the midst of losing 8 of 11 in the stretch.

In Gm 1 vs Detroit 11 of the 24 Tiger batters he faced reached base promping his manger to make the folowing comment:

"Five of the first six hitters caught the ball pretty good," Hillman said. "Even the outs were hit hard."

In game 2 he got a big lead (final was 13-3) and was better against a terribly slumping tiger lineup.

Interesting, how about his Minor league starts before he was recalled?

Played for Omaha in the PCL. 5 wins, 11 losses and gave up 23 HRs in 134 innings with a 4.75 era. He has always given up a lot of HRs in his career..

I think the dude gets ripped tonight and I love Reyes so play on:

Clev -140, 4 units

Like the CHC play at first glance.

Agree, but basically would have to bet on the fact that Arroyo reverses his recent success. I really think it could happen but that is not a bet I am interested in at this price.. Having said that I think the Cubs are a decent play..

Like the Tribe as well. The line has come down to -133 which seems a little scary considering that 57% are on them (according to wagerline)

Any thoughts on the Marlins/Cards?

Starts and ends with Looper IMO. Got lit up last time out v. Houston, giving up 8 ER.. Watched the game.. Every pitch was up and he got hit very hard. But that game ended a stretch in which he was very strong for more than a month.. So how will Looper rebound?

I think he will rebound well as he has a few times this year already..Three times this year he has given up 6 Ers or more in a start and in each situation he has rebounded well.

1) gave up 7 Ers; next start 0 ER
2) gave up 7 ER; NS 3 ER
3) gave up 6 ER; NS 1 ER

So I think Looper will rebound well and Cards backers get the added bonus of having Chris Carpenter set to pitch after Looper is done tonight, assuming the game situation is right.

But I want no part of being against Nolasco. Also have a hard time backing the Marlins on the road, so no play and really no lean in this one.. Perhaps the under.

GL:cheers:

Like the Tribe as well. The line has come down to -133 which seems a little scary considering that 57% are on them (according to wagerline)

I still have -140 but my shop usually has Favs slightly inflated

Starts and ends with Looper IMO. Got lit up last time out v. Houston, giving up 8 ER.. Watched the game.. Every pitch was up and he got hit very hard. But that game ended a stretch in which he was very strong for more than a month.. So how will Looper rebound?

I think he will rebound well as he has a few times this year already..Three times this year he has given up 6 Ers or more in a start and in each situation he has rebounded well.

1) gave up 7 Ers; next start 0 ER
2) gave up 7 ER; NS 3 ER
3) gave up 6 ER; NS 1 ER

So I think Looper will rebound well and Cards backers get the added bonus of having Chris Carpenter set to pitch after Looper is done tonight, assuming the game situation is right.

But I want no part of being against Nolasco. Also have a hard time backing the Marlins on the road, so no play and really no lean in this one.. Perhaps the under.

GL:cheers:

:shake:

Tee - Very nice work you have been doing in the bases. Some nice trends on Cleveland to support this play tonight.

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Cleveland:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>CLE are 9-0 in their last 9 road games. <LI class=more>CLE are 12-4 in their last 16 games on grass.
  • CLE are 12-4 in their last 16 overall.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Kansas City:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>KC are 6-20 in their last 26 Fri. games. <LI class=more>KC are 7-19 in their last 26 games on grass.
  • KC are 7-19 in their last 26 overall.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Head to Head:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>CLE are 13-6 in the last 19 meetings

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tee - Very nice work you have been doing in the bases. Some nice trends on Cleveland to support this play tonight.

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Cleveland:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>CLE are 9-0 in their last 9 road games. <LI class=more>CLE are 12-4 in their last 16 games on grass.
  • CLE are 12-4 in their last 16 overall.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Kansas City:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <LI class=more><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>KC are 6-20 in their last 26 Fri. games. <LI class=more>KC are 7-19 in their last 26 games on grass.
  • KC are 7-19 in their last 26 overall.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2b vAlign=top width="29%">Head to Head:</TD><TD class=datacell>
  • <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>CLE are 13-6 in the last 19 meetings

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks bro..:cheers:

and they respond with 6!

Ball St and Oakland :smiley_abvm:

Time to get hammered... hopefully no moose out in KC.

Tee :tiphat: Great calls

Did some additional reasearch on Duckworth

I think the dude gets ripped tonight

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="37%">Pitchers</TD><TD width="7%">IP</TD><TD width="6%">H</TD><TD width="6%">R</TD><TD width="6%">ER</TD><TD width="6%">BB</TD><TD width="6%">SO</TD><TD width="7%">HR</TD><TD width="12%">PC-ST</TD><TD width="7%">ERA</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>B Duckworth</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>82-46</TD><TD>6.60</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:smiley_acbe:

Back