friday MLB-- like it

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Decent week for me so far in a very selective amount of plays.

4-1, up almost 13 units (6425)

Just starting to dig into this card guys but after a quick review I have several games on the radar. I'll get back in here and update my plays and give some quick thoughts. Any questions or comments, I should be around most of the day..

One play locked in so far:

Brewers -133, 4 units WIN

Everything I like fits on this one. May bump to top unit but still debating.

Add:

Ariz -105, 2 units.. WIN
Texas -111, 2 units WIN

leans (will likely add a play or two from this list)

Cincy
SF (no play-- just not scoring enough but love linecum to shut down)
Ariz (2 unit play now)
Tx
Pitt (no play)

Last edited:
hey man how have you been? can't wait for the NFL season so throwing in some bases huh ;)

great work from you as always

GL tonight :shake:

hey man how have you been? can't wait for the NFL season so throwing in some bases huh ;)

great work from you as always

GL tonight :shake:

All is good. Been playing a few baseball games just having a hard time getting in here. Always do better when I post so going to try to run out a good string until the NFL starts..

Be good and continued success

Brewers thoughts:

• Believe offense bounces back in a big way this weekend. They faced in succession Zambrano, Dempster, Harden and everything was on the black. Now they get James:smiley_acbe:
  • Watched Atlanta closely this week as I had a series bet against them. Their bullpen has been used horribly and they have been giving it up. Realize James had a nice run at AAA richmond but he won't last long in this one IMO.
  • Suppan, veteran guy with pride who typically bounces back well after giving it up in last start. Liked his recent start against STL and think he will be very focused to get the brewers back on track.
  • Atlanta's line-up will be dominated often the rest of the way and though I don't think Suppan will dominate he'll do enough--obviously I lean the over in this one but I rarely play totals and not playing this one.. A 12-5 type game wouldn't suprise me though.

good luck.....I like the fact that the Braves don't have their 2 best offensive players, Chipper Jones and Texeira from the trade.

Hopefully the beatdown the Cubs gave the brew crew will wake them up. They have to feel the only way they can have a shot at making the playoffs is to go on a massive run.

Add:

Ariz -105, 2 units..

Like the pitching matchup.. The unit has been lights out lately. They have kept his pitch counts in the 80's and 90's the last few starts and that works well for him-- he should be fresh again for this start.. Kershaw on the other hand is all over the place. He walks too many and has a habit of getting wild in the middle of the plate when he loses his command.. Think the D-backs get enough off him but don't think they'll need much.. Looking to fade LAD whenever I can the next several games and this one fits pretty well.

add:

Texas -111, 2 units

Big card for me now. 3 games!

Mostly a fade of Marcum and Toronto's inability to score runs again.

Marcum isn't right IMO. Since coming off the DL (elbow pain) he has started 2 games, given up 10ER 6 BB's and 14 hits in 9 innings. Complains about a lack of control on his fast ball:4_12_13:. Wrong team and wrong place to have no control of your fastball.. Cheap price at home for Texas, I'll bite.

Don't know much about Texas P Hunter other than his AAA numbers are decent and Toronto hitters are struggling..

Cubs losing certainly didn't hurt my Brewers play IMHO. I.E. get swept by the small bears and humiliated at home. Now, can pick up a game on a night they figured they couldn't.. Brewers are an immature almost unprofessional bunch IMO. Pulling out the shirts after a win bullshit etc. Think they find a way to get hot again and they have the perfect team to do it against, especially with CC (no puntuation) Sabathia and Sheets on deck.. They have to fully expect a decent shot at a sweep but the key game is tonight and I think they give a huge effort...

For some reason I think I have this brewer club figured out.. Could be wrong but I am rolling with it.

Tee, any thoughts on your Cards tonight?

Lots of love on the Phillie's tonight and that would be my lean, but not even close to a play for me.. Lohse is trending down IMO and Hammels will give the entire lineup sans Pujols trouble. Still, betting against the cards at home with their best pitcher on the mound is not something I would consider a smart play.... Definately a game I would stay away from.

I would guess the pure value players are on the Cards especially the way the number is moving.. I will say this- if you are considering the cards, wait until gametime to play it.. GL:cheers:

Ankiel still limited to pinch hitting by the way and the Cards have only one lefty in the bullpen (unless they called up Garcia today which is possible).. Howard vs a lefty short bullpen is scary prop..

Cards will abuse Blanton tommorow IMO. That will be a play if the number doesn't get ridiculous

• Suppan, veteran guy with pride who typically bounces back well after giving it up in last start. Liked his recent start against STL and think he will be very focused to get the brewers back on track.

Suppan is a stud and very under-rated. 7IP, 0 ER..

Got to admit, got lucky on the Rangers, but fing nailed the Brewers capping-wise.. 2-0 with d-backs pending:cheers:

decent night.. 3-0.... 7-1 this week.. Saturday looks good. More in the morning..:cheers:

I had been away, had jet lag, and no feel for baseball at all. Didn't know what to do but had to bet since I couldn't sleep!. I saw your write up and it felt right. It just made good sense. Turned out to be perfect although Ariz had me wetting my beak. Just wanted to say very nice work. Thanks

FUCK! Missed them all as I was in a drunken state!

Nice job bro! Anything hits the ole radar today (Saturday) let me know!

Peace!

helluva day...........even your leans you didn't take won SF and Pitt. :cheers:

Thanks guys--just on a good role.

Even threw together a "for fun" parlay for a bill and hit it:

<TABLE class=TableReport cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 bgColor=#cccccc border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableReportTD></TD><TD class=TableReportTD noWrap></TD><TD class=TableReportTD></TD><TD class=TableReportTD></TD><TD class=TableReportTD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableReportTD noWrap>55888692-1</TD><TD class=TableReportTD>8/1/2008</TD><TD class=TableReportTD noWrap>Parlay</TD><TD class=TableReportTD>2,565.81</TD><TD class=TableReportTD></TD><TD class=TableReportTD>Baseball - 907 Milwaukee Brewers -127 for Game
Baseball - 912 St. Louis Cardinals +122 for Game
Baseball - 913 San Francisco Giants -133 for Game
Baseball - 915 Arizona Diamondbacks +100 for Game
Baseball - 924 Texas Rangers -109 for Game</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

5 teamer, paid a little better than 25:1.. Funny thing is a rarely play them but felt good with all the teams but the Cards. But at +122 that really souped up the payout so I added them.. Go figure.

Back