Friday mlb discussion

Johnnyonthespot

CTG Regular
Early game, Hendricks pitching great. Best on 4 and day. Wainwright has not pitched away since return. I think cards are odd team out. Cubs roll here.

Early game, Hendricks pitching great. Best on 4 and day. Wainwright has not pitched away since return. I think cards are odd team out. Cubs roll here.

Both teams need every win they can get. This whole series will feel like the playoffs. Not many other pitchers I want than Hendriks in this spot.

Milwaukee at home with 3 to play against the Tigers.

Dodgers in SF with 3 to play.

Meanwhile the Cubs and Cards get to duke it out. This is why every win is so important, even in April/May. Cubs could end up with the WC if they trip over themselves.

Not trying to jinx it but Freeland at home -180 against Ross looks like free money.

Price on Milwaukee is disgusting, Davies doesn't scare anyone and Tigers have some guys that can mash.

I see that Nat’s flipped Strasburg and Fedde in the rotation. Also will not start Scherzer at all, which is nice.

Afternoon laughs
  1. 9/28/2018 2:20 PM MLB Baseball 902 Chicago Cubs* -145 vs St. Louis Cardinals
    A Wainwright - R Listed K Hendricks - R Listed
    Risking $116.00 To Win $80.00
  2. 9/28/2018 2:10 PM MLB Baseball 916 Minnesota Twins* -1 -121 vs Chicago White Sox
    R Lopez - R Listed J Berrios - R Listed
    Risking $60.50 To Win $50.00
  3. 9/28/2018 2:10 PM Reduced Baseball 915 Chicago White Sox/Minnesota Twins* Over 8 -105
    R Lopez - R Listed J Berrios - R Listed
    Risking $63.00 To Win $60.00

We have what could be an epic last 3 games of the season, where 5 teams are playing for 2 division races, and a wild card spot. Suppose the following would occur:
  • Cardinals sweep the Cubs
  • Brewers only take 1 of 3 from the Tigers
  • Colorado takes 1 of 3 from the Nats
  • Dodgers take 2 of 3 from the Giants.
This would end up with the following standings:
  • Cubs and Brewers tied for the NL Central
  • Rockies and Dodgers tied for the NL West
  • Cardinals tied for the wild card with the Rockies and Dodgers
IF this happens, Monday would be the divisional games to decide the winners. Tuesday there would be the playoff for the 2nd wild card, Wednesday the wild card game, and Thursday start the NLDS.

Some crazy baseball shit right there!

another...
e3e715a8-588b-4bbe-bc14-d8e13dcf8912.png

Yeah, this whole weekend is literally playoffs part A. Oh.. this is just great, no Cubs pre game because we get to watch the Kavanaugh circus. Can't wait!

Wright will definitely pinch-hit tonight. It will be his first appearance in more than two years.

Tomorrow, Wright will take two at-bats, go to the field and then presumably come out mid-inning to an ovation.

That will be Wright's last game. He will not appear Sunday.

Back