reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
April: 91-69-3 +29.126 Units
May: 89-81-1 +19.828 Units

Overall: 180-150-4 +48.954 Units
Sides: 108-88 +25.863 Units
Run Lines: 13-30 -25.065 Units
Totals: 60-32-4 +48.156 Units

5-4 +1.27 Units yesterday. Still a winning day but wasn't exactly what I hoped for. A week ago I would've never though I had a chance at finishing over 20 units for the month but now that there's 5 days left, I'm shooting 25-30 units this month.

Past 7 days:
5-2 +4.18
5-3 +6.05
3-3 +0.34
3-1 +4.05
6-4 +3.18
5-2 +4.865
5-4 +1.27
32-19 +23.935 Units - 62.75%

On to Today:

Plays:

Oakland Athletics -103 (Haren v. Bedard) W
People seem to respect Bedard a lot more than I do. I wish I waited on this, but maybe I'll add on to it now that I see Haren is +102. Anyways I'll go with the #'s and the inconsistancy of Bedard at times.
Bedard vs. A's:

5 Games - 0-2, 5.16 ERA, 1.42 WHIP, .250 Opp BA.

Haren's been something else this year with a WHIP of .97 and a 1.74 ERA and Opp hitting .191 off him this year. He's gone atleast 7 innings in all but 3 starts this year... 2 of those 3 starts came in the 1st 3 games.
Haren vs. O's:

5 Games - 2-2 3.60 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, .223 Opp BA.

Neither team has seen much of either pitcher but I'll go with Haren. The O's bullpen is terrible and the A's have hit lefties well this year.

Atlanta Braves -154 (Hudson v. Moyer) L
Philadelphia Phillies @ Atlanta Braves UNDER 8.5 -106 L
Under's just hit when these two face each other. Moyer's #'s aren't great against the Bravos but he's been in the AL all these years and last year gave up 3 in 7.1 and 4 in 6. Not great but will do. Some of these guys have been hitting lefties very well this year as well. Hudson had a rough game last time but he was due to get rocked and now that's done, he's back home, he should pitch like he's been doing. This year vs. the Phillies he's dominated:

2 starts - 15 IP, 6 Hits, 3 ERs, 5 BBs, 6 Ks.

I don't expect much offense from the Phillies and the Braves will never really put an offensive onslaught on the other team.

I never like paying this much but sometimes you just have to do it.

Washington Nationals @ St. Louis Cardinals OVER 8.5 +102 (Bowie v. Reyes) W
Well Bowie threw an amazing 69 pitches in 3.1 Innings in his start last week vs the O's. So that leaves the Washington bullpen. The Cards are hitting much better now and carry momentum into this game so I expect there to be runs when the bullpen gets in. Then Reyes who's been consistantly giving up a few ERs over a span of 5-6 innings, with the exception of last week he gave up 7 to Det. But hell... the Nats keep getting offense some how.

Cleveland Indians +118 (Byrd v. Robertson) W
Byrd's road #'s are solid. This is an important series and anyone priced at a dog is worthy of a play this whole series. Huge win yesterday to get the momentum rolling.

Kansas City Royals +113
(the KING vs. Meche) L
Seattle Mariners @ Kansas City Royals UNDER 8 -110 L
seems too easy to me on the under. Meche dominated the M's earlier this year. He got his bad game out the way. Felix had control issues last start so still recovering. He should pitch better but might allow a couple of runs, enough for the Royals win.

Leans:

Houston Astros @ Arizona Diamondbacks OVER 9.5 -102 (Williams v. Gonzalez)
Woody Williams has been terrible this year:

10 starts - 1-6, 5.52 ERA, 1.53 WHIP, .296 opp BA.

Edgar Gonzalez doesn't need to be starting either, just spot starting for Randy Johnson. he started the year out as a starter, but didn't perform, and Owings took his spot.

Started twice against the Stros back in 04 but was rocked each time, limited #'s but still a lot of the same faces. The Stros desperately need to get back on track offensively and this is a good spot with a guy who was demoted to the bullpen and didn't fair well as a starter this year.

San Diego Padres -126 (Maddux v. Bush)
Milwaukee Brewers @ San Diego Padres OVER 7 -117

Bush has been worse on the road, and the Brewers just can't win on the road. Bush did dominant the Padres last year, but I don't think that happens again. Maddux has great #'s against the Brew Crew too, but the past couple years he's had some bad outtings vs them.

24 games - 13-6, 2.66 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, .239 opp BA.

Brewers have lost 4 straight series.

BOL to Yall Friday :cheers:

Last edited:
I love the Oakland play and I really hate the Orioles, can't say that enough. I want to be on the winning side when John Parrish comes in to pitch and blows the game. There are more inconsistencies in Bedard's numbers than Haren. Haren has just been rock solid, home/away, RH/LH, it don't matter, he owns them. Bedard usually has a little bump in the road every now and then and you don't find those variations in Haren's numbers. Bedard has gone 5 straight with ND, think he gets served a L here

thanks Satyr - still haven't decided if Ill play it or not but it looks solid. BOL buddy. :shake:

green - yea the O's have been rough on you, no doubt about that. We seemed to cap the game exactly the same way about Haren/Bedard and the O's bullpen. Could be a sweet victory for you if Parrish gets rocked.

trout - yea, it does seem pretty popular but hopefully the publics right about it. Seattle/KC under seems like money for sure. As long as Meche pitches like he's been and Felix continues to improve it should be money. Felix showed he can get his K's last game, just needs to keep the baserunners off today.

Still waiting to add some, but locked in a couple more, but will post them later.

Some of these seem too easy to me, so being cautious. Flat betting them all for a 1 unit.

Card so far:

Oakland A's -103 (Haren v. Bedard)
Cleveland Indians +118 (Byrd v. Robertson)
Atlanta Bravos -154 (Hudson v. Moyer)

Philadelphia Phillies @ Atlanta Bravos UNDER 8.5 -106 (Wind from right @ 6 mph)
Washington Nationals @ St. Louis Cardinals OVER 8.5 +102 (Bowie v. Reyes) (Wind from right-center @ 7 with a 50% chance of rain/thunderstroms)
Seattle Mariners @ Kansas City Royals UNDER 8 -110 (Felix v. Meche) (wind right to left @ 9 mph, 20% chance of rain)

still may add a few more:
KC but would like a better price than +114
The over for Hou/Arz but it's dropped from 10 to 9 and I'm waiting to see if people will bet the under so I don't have to pay -119. Winds blowing in from left @ 12 MPH. 10% chance of rain
Mil/SD Over 7, wind left to right at 5 mph, 10% chance of rain

Gl tonight Renew. Out of all the junk I played I only managed to play one game that you did. Hope we hit it.

Oh ya, congrats on the great start to baseball. Should have been tailing you this whole time rather than laying off. :)

thanks JPicks - haha, it's been a pretty good year so far yea. this is how I started in the NBA too... I just have to keep on paying attention or I'll start to get flattened like I did in the NBA. We should cash, or final will be 5-3.

frankie - wandy started yesterday night.

Oh ya, congrats on the great start to baseball. Should have been tailing you this whole time rather than laying off. :)

you can tail me if you want, haha. there are plenty of good cappers around here taking all sorts of angles on the game. :smiley_acbe:

I want to play this Nats over but feel like I am about to get suckered punch with a Reyes 7 inning 2run performance and a 6-2 Card Win

I want to play this Nats over but feel like I am about to get suckered punch with a Reyes 7 inning 2run performance and a 6-2 Card Win

true... i feel a 5-3 haha

Adding:

KC +113
I thought people would be all over Sea, never really got the value I wanted and now it seems people that were waiting on KC starting to bet it down.

still may add the rest of the leans.

I am kind of feeling KC tonight.. I can't decide what I want to play on these 8:00 games

I went to go pick up pizza for my family for dinner, came back look at sportsline and see Haren: 25pitches, 1er, 1bb, 1k, 1h after the 1st and thought, "Only the fuken Orioles" but he has gotten into his zone now, hope he keeps mowing them down. Bedard needs to get worked hard again and get him into the 80's after 5ip

Haren goes 7ip-2h and 88 pitches.. They pull him and put Marshall in.. Nows its 3-2? Time the fuck out.. Why didn't he start the 8th?

We are about to get fuked on sum bad managing..Haren better have had arm trouble.. No reason not to come out for the 8th after 88pitches

Don't sweat it, worry about it when you have 8 in a row...hah

Any reason to take Haren out and not let him start the 8th after 88 pitches if he wasn't hurt or didn't ask to come out? Dude was mowing them down after that first inning where he threw 25pitches..

thanks blownaway and green

etg - no idea why they took him out, i guess just matchups or something. or being cautious.

wish I made those last 3 bets...

Back