Favs: 12-17 -8.63 Units
Dogs:
32-24 +19.045 Units
Totals:
35-29-2 +2.95 Units
Misc: 10-18 -6.148 Units
Overall:
89-88-1 +7.217 Units

Since I last updated my record I've gone 3-9-1 and dropped -6.29 Units... I've really done a bad job keeping up with baseball the past couple of weeks with the end of the school year and the Hornets in the playoffs. basically my focus hasn't been on baseball and when you are betting baseball... and you aren't paying any attention, that's just asking for punishment. Also bookmaker is killing me with these lines, I need to get some money in matchbook and in a hurry :hang:

I'm looking to make a nice comeback as I'm really disappointed in myself, I'm fortunate to still be up 7 Units on the year even with my awful run as of late. Gotta turn this around.

Leans:

Chicago Cubs -103 @ St. Louis Cardinals (Hill v. Wainwright)
Chicago Cubs @ St. Louis Cardinals OVER 8 +100

Well not locking these in yet. Read some thoughts from vk's post and so side with the Cubbies, #'s are all there to support it. My concern is Rich Hill not getting through enough innings by himself... He's only reached 6 innings once and his K:BB ratio is not very good at the moment, nothing like it could be, he's just walking too many hitters. Cubbies have pounded Wainwright though and the Cubbies won't have the easy transition to Wood today because Marmol should be unavailable (according to one of the sites I use, I've never really checked it's validity but I suppose I should after tonights games). Wind appears to blowing out today so if this drops to 7.5 I may have to lock it in. Basically we should see the Cubs pen for 4 innings and Wainwright should get shelled and leave around 5 innings pitched.
Cubbies also just dominant in this series in recent history, especially in STL going 7-2 in their last 9 trips to STL.

Cincinnati Reds +127 @ Atlanta Braves (Volquez v. Hudson)
Well the line is going in the direction I want it to, theres not much to say on this one but I'm surprised people are backing ATL but i guess you'll get that when Hudson is on the mound @ home.
These are the key points I want to make.
1) Volquez has been near unhittable, meaning I don't care who's on the other side pitching. He's gone 7 IP his last 2 starts. He does give up a few walks but the Bravos are 20th in the bigs in walks, 23rd in walks vs RHP
2) Bravos just aren't hitting well right now... NOT good with the previous mentioned fact.
3) Hudson even though his #'s aren't bad vs the Reds, he's still been hit by a few of these guys or they get on base enough for me to feel comfortable backing Volquez.
4) Acosta won't be availabe, thats was basically your 4th option at the beginning of the season behind Soriano/Mike Gonzalez/Moylan (again, not 100% sure on this) I suppose I'm making too big of a deal out of this since they've dealt with this for a while already. But it looks like they'll have a great pen later in the season when everyone returns and Smoltzy is inserted into the pen.

Seattle Mariners +130
(Bedard v. Wang)
Seattle Mariners @ New York Yankees UNDER 8 -115
This looks PRIMED for an under. You have wind blowing in at 10-15 mph, Aces on the mound, the Yanks who are STRUGGLING to hit and just aren't good vs LHP so far this year with the M's a team who'd rather face LHP and you know what you get out of Wang. You've gotta consider Bedard purely on value.

Florida Marlins -130 (Germano v. Hendrickson)
Almost seems too easy. Germano is trash and the Pads aren't hitting either.

Kansas City Royals @ Cleveland Indians UNDER 8.5 -120 (Hochevar v. Sabathia)

Well it appears Sabathia has turned the corner and even though the Royals have done decently vs him in CLE I just can't see him faltering after just getting on track. Hochevar making his 3rd start so thinking he's settling in, CLE hasn't really seen much of him, 3 innings last year that could've gone better but CLE really struggling to score runs this week.

Detriot Tigers -136/RL +115 (Galarraga v. Hernandez)
Well Livan has been giving up runs, he has some decent starts this year but still giving up runs. Of course he should bounce back from a bad start last week but the Tigers are just getting everything figured out and have their leadoff man back and was in a nice rhythm minus yesterday's game. They're 6-2 since Granderson's return. oh and Galarraga still has a WHIP of .72, are you kidding me?

Texas Rangers +135 (Padilla v. Blanton)
Well the A's coming off a HUGE game yesterday and the Rangers pen has certainly been struggling as off late but Blanton just doesn't get the support he needs. Padilla coming off a CG is a concern as he threw 121 pitches and he's a guy who normally tops off in the 98-110 range. Still not a terrible amount more than he's used to throwing. Texas has been raking as well

Milwaukee Brewers +124
(Villanueva v. Oswalt)
Milwaukee Brewers @ Houston Astros OVER 8.5 -115
Basically Oswalt hasn't been at the level he's pitched at in past years and the Brewers own him. Villanueva isn't anything special and the Stros bats are much better this year than in past so I'd assume theyd get some off him.

I think that's it for now... maybe something catches my eye later but I'll lock in some plays in a bit.

BOL To Yall Friday :cheers:

thanks Satyr and chopz - same to yall :shake:

Officially Locked In:

Florida Marlins -130 (Hendrickson v. Germano) (.5 Unit)
Florida Marlins RL +165 (.5 Unit)
Washington Nationals -156 (Lannan v. Dumatrait) (.5 Unit)
Washington Nationals RL +140 (.5 Unit)

Cincinnati Reds +121 (Volquez v. Hudson)
Milwaukee Brewers @ Houston Astros OVER 8.5 -115 (Villanueva v. Oswalt)
Chicago Cubs -103 (Hill v. Wainwright)

Seattle Mariners +125 (Bedard v. Wang)
Chicago White Sox +112 (Buehrle v. Marcum)
Chicago White Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays UNDER 8.5 -105
Detriot Tigers -138 (Galarraga v. Hernandez)
Texas Rangers +130 (Padilla v. Blanton)

Reasoning on the Nats - I didn't realize Dumatrait was a Bucco now, kept thinking Philly. He's awful anyways. The Buccos aren't good vs LHP and Lannan has done well this year, Nats rolling right now.

Reasoning on the White Sox - Toronto has been AWFUL vs LHP, surprising since they were quite good vs them last year. Buehrle is struggling a bit yes but I can't get over the fact the Jays have been so poor vs LHP. White Sox aren't hitting well either but thats why I like the under. Both pens have been pitching well.

I've got a big card today... hope I don't get killed.

Oakland might put that game over themselves against Padilla.

Galarraga might have a 0.72 WHIP but he's only logged 18 IP this season, most SP in the majors have double that amount of IP. I think Detroit wins this one most of the time, but I cannot go against Minny in the dome.

Florida does look like a nice spot.

GL reNew

thanks MCG - hopefully we cash in today. it's more of a gut feeling than anything. it looks like a toss up to me even though the more I look at it the more I'm wanting to play the D-backs, i just have too many plays... but theres no harm in adding one more today right?

lol counselor - this would make fondy proud

Oakland might put that game over themselves against Padilla.

Galarraga might have a 0.72 WHIP but he's only logged 18 IP this season, most SP in the majors have double that amount of IP. I think Detroit wins this one most of the time, but I cannot go against Minny in the dome.

Florida does look like a nice spot.

GL reNew

I can understand why people would be on Oak, but it's just one of those strange things that Blanton doesn't get run support, ex - Matt Cain last year. Plus he's not been as impressive as I thought he would. Padilla sure he can be awful but the difference this year for him has been his walks. although he has 18, it doesnt even begin to compare with the past couple of years (the pace of BBs), he's got his control better so Oaks patience doesn't bother me.

Galarraga has only made 3 starts, so having half the # of IP makes a lot of sense. He's made half as many starts as most pitchers. ;)
Hefty price on a rook but what can I do? the Tigers are heating up

thanks for the input blue - BOL tonight

I can understand why people would be on Oak, but it's just one of those strange things that Blanton doesn't get run support, ex - Matt Cain last year. Plus he's not been as impressive as I thought he would. Padilla sure he can be awful but the difference this year for him has been his walks. although he has 18, it doesnt even begin to compare with the past couple of years (the pace of BBs), he's got his control better so Oaks patience doesn't bother me.

great points. i think the A's have won every time that blanton has started on the road ( twice ) and lost every time he has started at home ( four times ). Both pitchers can be hard to hit at times and that ballpark isnt a hitters paradise but they both arent scared to put a guy or two on base via the free pass either.

lots of good information in this thread.

p.s. you have balls of steel with playing the nationals as a home rl favorite. I think it wins but dont have the balls to do it.

gl renewfondyorleansbadger

great points. i think the A's have won every time that blanton has started on the road ( twice ) and lost every time he has started at home ( four times ). Both pitchers can be hard to hit at times and that ballpark isnt a hitters paradise but they both arent scared to put a guy or two on base via the free pass either.

even going back to last year, the last 10 games oak is 3-7 when Blanton is on the mound.

lol atleast the Nats rl is only half a unit.

Adding:

Seattle Mariners @ New York Yankees UNDER 7.5 -120 (Bedard v. Wang)
Kansas City Royals @ Cleveland Indians UNDER 8.5 -105 (Hochevar v. Sabathia) Canceled/Postponed

reasoning above, but umps don't hurt these plays. the pitching matchup is what does it for me in sea/nyy and Eddings adding confidence to my lean in kc/cle, I was a little turned off by Hochevar just because I don't know what to expect but Eddings will certainly help both pitchers/staffs

Last edited:
Back