Friday MLB (4/13)

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Overall: 32-24 +7.87 Units
Sides: 24-12 +11.72 Units
Run Lines: 3-5 -1.68 Units
Totals: 5-7 -2.17 Units

I got slaughtered. 0-4 -5.96 Units.
Forced too many plays on a shitty card. Gotta stick to Sides, less RL and Totals. It's a season long grind, and only the 3rd losing day I've had, so no reason to think about it. Haven't been able to fall asleep after staying up to do some work, not a problem I'll just post my leans for all the games I guess... no class til 1 I can nap sometime in the morning.

Plays:
Cincinnati Reds +144 (Harang v. Zambrano) (2 Units)
You mean to tell me that Harang is +140 and isn't going to bounce back after getting shelled by the Pirates even if he did win? Cubbies started to play well their last couple games against Milwaukee but lost to the Astros? They got David Bush and Sheets after a CG, I'm sure Sheets got a LITTLE tired. Too inconsistant, Soriano hasn't come around yet, and D.Lee is the only one that really has had success against Harang. Zambrano said it himself, you can't make mistakes against the Reds bats (when he made a comment about the Brewers bats) - he better not mess up.

Houston Astros +103 (2 Units) (Oswalt v. Myers) (2 Units)
I can't believe I typed that just now, lol. Clearly the Phillies aren't themselves right now. Maybe it's the pressure of being a "favorite" in the NL East this year and they're trying to do too much early on. Oswalts stats against the Phils, well they're not bad. 6 starts, 4-1 record, 32.2 IP, 25 Hits and 9 Walks with a 1.09 WHIP, a 1.38 BA, and 34 K's, 3 HRs allowed. I guess that's alright. I guess at Citizens Bank he is just alright too, 2 starts 2-0, 15.1 IP, 15 K's, .57 ERA, 1.02 WHIP (11 Hits and 5 Walks), his 1 ER... a HR. They don't play often but it's Oswalt against a team who was just 31-29 against RHP last year at home. They just aren't swinging the bats well right now... Pat Burrell is their hot bat by far hitting .357 this year and everyday players are after Rowand at .296 are hitting .257 (Utley) and below. Hopefully Oswalts arm doesn't get tired after his CG. and I missed it, +101 now. I don't expect Oswalt to give up more than a run and combine that with the Astros lack of hitting I see a 2-1, 1-1 type game going into the late innings. Lets just hope these bullpens don't implode like they've done this season.

Kansas
City Royals/Baltimore Orioles UNDER 9 -115 (Duckworth v. Bedard)

This depends on the Royals BP if they can keep it a low scoring game. Baltimore hasn't been hitting Righties very well this year. All under .300 with 42 K's to 41 hits.

Florida Marlins -101 (Willis v. Redman)

I must be stupid but Willis would only bet around what... -125 at home vs. the Braves and Redman accorind to this line? eh?

Milwaukee Brewers -111 (Sheets vs. Reyes)
I look at stats too much, Pujols and Eckstein have hit him pretty well, but Sheets has never been entirely healthy and he is right now. Bounce back after the Cubs here. Cards coming out the gates slow. Reyes i think had a +5 ERA against the Brew Crew last year.

San Francisco Giants/Pittsburgh Pirates UNDER 8.5 (Ortiz v. Duke)
Both pitchers seem to be off to decent starts, Ortiz could be better, Both lacking offense. Bay has hit Ortiz well but the Pirates bats are struggling overall. Giants haven't really seen a lefty this year, maybe a couple RP and so I see them struggling just to put up 2 runs (if they do) and don't think the Pirates will put up tons of runs.

Oakland Athletics -103 (Haren v. Igawa)
Prove it first Igawa.
Haren v Yanks:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysptblthbody1" align="right"><td class="yspdetailttl"> G</td><td class="yspdetailttl">GS</td><td class="yspdetailttl">W</td><td class="yspdetailttl">L</td><td class="yspdetailttl">SV</td><td class="yspdetailttl">CG</td><td class="yspdetailttl">SHO</td><td class="yspdetailttl">IP</td><td class="yspdetailttl">H</td><td class="yspdetailttl">R</td><td class="yspdetailttl">ER</td><td class="yspdetailttl">HR</td><td class="yspdetailttl">BB</td><td class="yspdetailttl">K</td><td class="yspdetailttl">ERA</td><td class="yspdetailttl">WHIP</td><td class="yspdetailttl">BAA</td> <td>
</td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td class="yspscores" align="left" height="16"> Career vs. NYY</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">5</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">5</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">3</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">0</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">0</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">1</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">0</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">32.2</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">34</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">10</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">10</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">5</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">6</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">28</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">2.76</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">1.22</td> <td class="yspscores" height="16">.264</td></tr></tbody></table>*for some reason the stats got shifted over 1 spot to the right.

Los Angeles Dodgers -131 (Lowe v. Wells)
Completely opposite against their opposing teams. Lowe is pretty good (9 Starts 57 IP, 2.37 ERA, 1.19 WHIP, only 2 HR), Wells is not (6.20 ERA and 1.48 WHIP in 4 Starts/20.1 IP)

Leans:

Houston Astros/Philadelphia Phillies UNDER 8 +104 (Oswalt v. Myers)
above
New York Mets RL +110 (Pelfrey v. Patterson) - (line on pinny, nothing on Matchbook right now)
Washington Nationals/New York Mets OVER 9 -115
I'm a loser.
Seriously though Patterson has a 5.18 ERA in 12 starts against the Mets, Pelfrey is unproven but If the Mets can't hit Patterson and his 9+ ERA (obviously struggling), then I don't know what to even think. Yea it's a RL, oh well. Just thought about it, I don't know why it took so long but if Patterson gets rocked, then possibly the Nats bullpen. Pelfrey though he hasn't been too sharp in spring.

Detriot Tigers +142
Detriot
Tigers/Toronto Bluejays UNDER 8 +102 (Bonderman v. Halladay)
So rematch from earlier this year. Injuries to Glaus and Reed Johnson. I see a pitchers duel in this one. Halladay is dominant against the Tigers and Bonderman's got pretty good #'s himself against the Jays with the exception of Wells. Detriot bats starting to come around and Toronto's bats have been out of control but they've been facing Tampa Bay and KC, big arms there lol. Bonderman had 1 bad inning and he shut down the Jays after the 1st, he should be able to shut them down this time.

Los Angeles Angels/Boston Red Sox UNDER ?
Still no line but, Red Sox bats are slow to start and Lackey is underrated, even if he has pitched terribly against the Red Sox in the past. Great bullpen and they can hold on to a 3-2, 3-1 lead most of the time. Gave up the HR yesterday, doesn't happen again. Don't understand why Angels don't score sometimes. Anderson and Vlad have good #'s against Wakefield but no one else really. Wakefield was supposed to get shelled by the Rangers, maybe he'll pitch well here too.

BOL on FRIDAY THE 13TH :cheers:

Last edited:
thanks texasfight, nothing definite yet but hope I bounce back. GL tommorow with your plays.

locked in:
Cincinnati Reds +143

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Good luck on Friday renew.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

thanks oustanding and GL :shake:

thanks Terps, BOL tomorrow. :shake:

Thanks Yanks - lets cash these, good value on these road dogs. No way Cubbies should be -150ish with the way their bats are swinging. :shake:

Added:
Astros +103

renew, i really kicked around taking the reds today.........I know im in the minority saying this, but I do NOT think Zambrano is all-world like others put him into.....Arroyo is a fine pitcher, and I think this was the metting the first tiem around, and the Reds won that meeting.... gl today

thanks hile - I'd still have to say I respect him but not as much as others. It was Harang the 1st time around, the Cubs had Lilly face Arroyo and pulled it out. I remember because I lost that one haha. GL

thanks gopack - gl to you today.

thanks troutman - just trying to provide some info for everyone else since I had some time. BOL

thanks frankie - GL in whatever you play today. should be a good game again.

I'm kicking myself for taking the Reds so early, it's already up to +154 on Matchbook. Ramirez and DeRosa are out and I don't think people are realizing it just yet and right now seems to be the time to grab the Reds if thats what you want to do.

Going to add some plays later this afternoon.

thanks RSMS - hope we cash it.

ADDING:

Oakland Athletics -103
Kansas City Royals/Baltimore Orioles UNDER 9 -115 - missed -101
Florida Marlins -101
Milwaukee Brewers -111
Los Angeles Dodgers -131

thanks Farm - I got pretty lucky there but there is still a little of the 8th and 9th left. I've got a big card tonight so I'm definitely got a long ways to go.

thanks Satyr, hope we cash that one :cheers:

Back