1-0 +1 Units
6th Inning+ Total:
0-0 +/-0 Units
RLs: 1-1 - .148 Units
Misc:
1-1 -.05 Units
Overall:
18-13-1 +7.377 Units

3-2 +1.6 Units Yesterday. My initial play got PPD, Couple of 1st 5 inning plays that just canceled each other out, Moyer and lack of defense cost me the under in the Nats/Phils when they gave up 5 in the top of the 1st and only 2 runs the rest of the 4.5 innings from both teams in the 1st 5. Can say I probably lucked out with the CIN/ARZ under 1st 5 since Doug Davis put quite a few guys on base. Hou/SD under hit, just two poor offenses it doesn't really seem to matter who's pitching since most of them would go under. Jays had the lead, lost it late but can't complain about a positive day. On to a great card on Friday, lots of potential in it.

Locked In:

Houston Astros @ Chicago Cubs UNDER 8 -105 (Sampson v. Hill) W

Sampson was putting up nice #'s for the first couple of months last year then things fell apart. He was in the mid 3's in ERA and only gave up 5 HRs in 55 Innings in April and May, then it became an issue. The next 64.1 IP he gave up 14 HRs and carried a 5+ ERA in June and 6+ ERA in July.

This is a VERY SMALL sample so you can take it for what it's worth.
Sampson vs Cubs:
4 games (2 starts) - 15 IP, 10 H, 1 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 7 K, .60 ERA, .87 WHIP, .189 Opp BA

Hill vs Astros, against another small sample size
5 games (3 starts) - 21.1 IP, 13 H, 7 ER, 3 HR, 9 BB, 21 K, 2.95 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, .173 Opp BA

I am a fan of Hill, he's got one of the nastiest curveballs in the game, but he needs to learn to not give up the longball. If he does that, he'll be a force for a long time because he can absolutely shut a team down.

The wind blowing in from CF is nice for this game atleast.

Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays UNDER 9.5 -120 (Wakefield v. Marcum) W
It seems almost any game involving Wakefield vs the Jays has gone under. Marcum. Last year Wakefield faced the Jays 5 times with a 3-2 record and avg. 6.4 Inning per outing vs. the Sox with a 3.38 ERA and 1.22 WHIP, striking out 18 and gave up a HR once per meeting (on avg). He's also a guy who's come out of the gates pitching his best the last few years.

04 - 2.14 ERA, 1.24 WHIP in 4 games (3 starts)
05 - 2.78 ERA, 1.08 WHIP in 5 starts
06 - 3.90 ERA, 1.27 WHIP in 5 starts
07 - 2.59 ERA, 1.28 WHIP in 5 starts

Wake also pitches better INDOORS
04 - 3 starts (3-0), 2.61 ERA, 1.02 WHIP
05 - 4 starts (2-0), 2.48 ERA, 1.17 WHIP
06 - 3 starts (1-2), 6.35 ERA, 1.41 WHIP*
07 - 5 starts (3-2), 1.69 ERA, 1.16 WHIP

So one year in the past 4 he probably had one bad outing indoors but you can tell there is a pattern of consistency.

Opposing the Sox is Marcum, one of the favorites of many to have a big year. In 8 games (3 starts), Marcum is 2-1 with a 2.77 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, and Opp BA of .221, 23 Ks vs 21 Hits, but he did allow 10 BBs vs the Sox. His starts last year vs the Sox can be a cause of concern because he gave up 5 ERs in just 11 IP in 2 starts, with 12 Hits and 4 BB and 8 Ks. I expect to see this under trend continue though, also lean Sox but initially leaned to the Jays. If I can get a dog price on BOS i'll definitely bite, this is why I need matchbook, bookmaker doesn't give the most favorable lines.

New York Mets @ Atlanta Braves UNDER 8.5 -110 (Maine v. Hudson) Canceled
Weather is a possible issue today because of rain and the wind may be blowing out to LF slightly at around 12-15 mph. Not enough O/U data on wind blowing out that way the last couple of years to consider it a factor. You have two pitchers who have pitched well vs the opposing teams. The bullpen situation for the Braves is a bit scary since they've been awfully rocky to start the season I expect both teams to settle in though because this is after all the Mets v. Braves. They should be riding their respective pitchers 6-7 innings into it if weather permits. Im just hoping there isn't a rain delay.

Kansas City Royals @ Minnesota Twins UNDER 8.5 -115 (Bale vs. Baker) W
I know nothing about Bale but luckily Baker has dominated the Royals. Both teams aren't known for their bats as much as their pitching, not saying that both teams don't have guys that can produce but they're definitely not offensive machines. Great bullpens from either side so Bale is the X-factor in keeping this under.

Los Angeles Dogers @ San Diego Padres +108 (Kuroda v. Germano)

This is what you need to know. Germano vs Dodgers...
5 games - 4 starts (0-4), 7.59 ERA, 1.92 WHIP, .363 Opp BA

Random Thoughts/some leans:

D-Backs@Rockies
I would love to take the D-Backs. #1 Owings fan here. Only Tulane player in the Bigs but he's a damn good one, basically carried us to the College World Seires. I supported him all year last year, he just got some rough breaks but he can be a good pitcher and the stats indicate that. He often struggled in the 1st Inning (keeping his pitch count down) and that concerns me vs the Rockies because they haven't scored much this year and now make their debut at home after their magical run. He'd often get taken out in the 5th because of it he couldn't keep his pitch counts low. Also the D-Backs are just flat awful vs LHP. Redman may not be a stud but the D-Backs are just AWFUL vs. LHP. I was considering the over but I got deterred after seeing that. If I had to choose I lean Rocks but not paying the juice on Redman.

Leaning towards over 9 in CHW/DET. Det now has some easier arms to face, Det pitching is nothing to intimidate me.

Lean Byrd and the Indians, want +money because bookmaker hasn't offered it yet.

phils/reds over 10.5 - I see 10's so I'm waiting.

BOL To Yall Today :cheers:

Last edited:
Wow, under 9.5 in the KC/Minnesota tilt? Excellent number. BOL tonight RO. Congrats on the great start.

thanks hile - lets hit it

Im leaning to the UNDER in TB/NYY.
I had Sonnanstine in an OVER yesterday but it looks like he's had a strong spring and so did Ian Kennedy. Sonnanstine can rack up the Ks and he dominated the Yanks once last year. He won't walk a lot of guys, but he'll give up hits. Thinking about throwing a little down on TB, maybe 1st 5.

Considering a play on Houston +150

Really like the Tribe today bro and I'm not just talking 'bout Q-Tip, Phife Dawg, Ali Shaheed and Jerobi :) GL

you my friend will make good money this year if you stay with those unders....hard to do
BOL

thanks pablo - lets cash it. not a big rap fan myself but atleast you go old school

thanks centex - GL to you

thanks chopz - im counting on it today... of course it concerns me to be on a lot of unders

Adding:
Chicago White Sox @ Detriot Tigers OVER 9 -125 (Contreras v. Robertson) W
Not a fan of juice, should've grabbed it earlier. I feel the Tigers have to put up something today, pitching isn't as good and bullpen certainly isnt either. Robertson can get hit as well. The Sox 1-4 hitters have to step it up. Wind blowing out to RF and thats good because I think overs are something like 5-1 the last two years blowing out to RF.

Philadelphia Phillies @ Cincinnati Reds OVER 11 +100 (Kendrick v. Fogg)
Alright, so i grabbed just about the worst # but the juice was nice. Neither great vs opposing teams and balls have been flying out of GAP this year. Plus the wind is going out to RF.

Last edited:
thanks blue_chip - detriot is lookin good early. minny don't think well have a problem

Adding:

Houston Astros +170 (Sampson v. Hill) W

I waited on this one... only about 20 minutes til game time and don't think I'll see better than 170 on bookmaker. My thoughts above, basically evenly matched so always on the dog in these situations

Last edited:
Looks like I'm with you on two - and looks like I'm going to lose the one I'm against you on (White Sox Under)

Nice work.

thanks Ramble - we're looking good on the under in chicago.

thanks jump - bol to you today

Adding:

Colorado Rockies -113 (Redman v. OWINGS) L
I'm going against my boy. Not because I don't think he'll pitch well but because statistically the D-Backs suck against lefties. Think the Rockies break their early season slump as well. OWINGS isn't an inning eater but he's still good.

Last edited:
thanks Ramble - we're looking good on the under in chicago.

thanks jump - bol to you today

Adding:

Colorado Rockies -113 (Redman v. OWINGS)
I'm going against my boy. Not because I don't think he'll pitch well but because statistically the D-Backs suck against lefties. Think the Rockies break their early season slump as well. OWINGS isn't an inning eater but he's still good.
Your boy was dealing today. He was mad you faded him, haha.

thanks bailey - early games were just a warm up, here comes the brunt of the plays

we were close... REAL close on that Ramble. The 8th was almost to making it go over. Men on 1st and 3rd and full count, 2 outs. Got a big strike out there, but if he walked I guarantee we would've lost because the Cubs off-season acquisition Fukodome seems to always get on base.

Adding:

Boston Red Sox -103 (Wakefield v. Marcum) L
Above, stats on wake's success indoors and in april. Toronto always struggles with him, etc.

Tampa Bay Devil Rays +185 (Sonnanstine v. Kennedy) W
Sonnanstine has potential, he's just gotta keep his hits allowed down because he doesn't walk batters often and can rack up the K's. Early in the season anything can happen. Don't think you can price a young pitcher like Kennedy this much.

Last edited:
Your boy was dealing today. He was mad you faded him, haha.

He's showing me up... lesson learned, it appears he's gotten a lot better from last year. Still a longer 1st inning than needed, he needs to work on that. I can't wait to back him the rest of the year. :popcorn:

Houston Astros @ Chicago Cubs UNDER 8 -105 (Sampson v. Hill) W
Boston Red Sox @ Toronto Blue Jays UNDER 9.5 -120 (Wakefield v. Marcum) W
Kansas City Royals @ Minnesota Twins UNDER 8.5 -115 (Bale vs. Baker) W
Los Angeles Dogers @ San Diego Padres +108 (Kuroda v. Germano) W

Chicago White Sox @ Detriot Tigers OVER 9 -125 (Contreras v. Robertson) W
Philadelphia Phillies @ Cincinnati Reds OVER 11 +100 (Kendrick v. Fogg) W
Houston Astros +170 (Sampson v. Hill) W
Colorado Rockies -113 (Redman v. OWINGS) L
Boston Red Sox -103 (Wakefield v. Marcum) L
Tampa Bay Devil Rays +185 (Sonnanstine v. Kennedy) W

recapping today, one game canceled? what happened to the NYM/ATL game. couple games pending

Last edited:
Back