FRIDAY MAY 8th. 2ND ROUND

J.C.!!!

Pretty much a regular
JANUARY:-8 UNIT...FEBRUARY:+127 UNITS...MARCH:+26 UNITS...APRIL:+19 UNITS.

fri. may 1st:+3 units
sat.may 2nd:+1 unit
sun.may 3rd:+3 units
mon.may 4th:+7 units
tue.may 5th:+5 units
wed.may 6th:-3 units
thu.may 7th:+6 units

ORLANDO-4 (4 UNITS)
194 OVER @ HOSTON (3 UNITS)
L.A. LAKERS-1 (4 UNITS)

have a good day fellas!!:cheers:

Last edited:
CELTS

The Celtics are facing a near impossible task as they try to repeat as NBA champions without Kevin Garnett. But one Celtics legend believes the team can use that as a motivational tool.
Bob Cousy retired after the 1962-63 season, and Tommy Heinsohn said the next year's Celtics, coming off five straight championships and six in the last seven seasons, rallied around that absence.
"That's just giving yourself challenges as a team," said Heinsohn, who averaged 16.5 points as the Celtics won 59 games (one more than the season before) and another title. "We knew we still had a great group, but we used that for the season. We wanted to prove to people that we could win without Cousy. And we were able to do it. Hey, they won it the year after I retired, too. You have to be able to go on.
"It always hurts a team when you lose a great player, but you have to be able to get together and rally around each other."
It is unfair to compare the two teams. The '63-64 group still had six Hall of Famers remaining — Bill Russell, Heinsohn, John Havlicek, Sam Jones, K.C. Jones and Frank Ramsey. But the league is more watered down now, and the current Celts have done well without Garnett.
"It obviously hurts this team in a lot of ways to be without Kevin," said Heinsohn, "but when they get through dealing with that mentally, they have to understand that they still have each other. They're the only ones who are going to be able to get this done."
CELTICS 112, MAGIC 94: Eddie House came off the bench for a career playoff-high 31 points Wednesday night as the Celtics evened their conference semifinal series with Orlando, 1-1.
House hit 11 of 14 shots from the floor and all four of his 3-pointers as the Celts led by as many as 26 and never trailed.
Beyond House, the key for the Celtics was a 40-24 edge on points in the paint. They had 32 at the half and the other eight in the third quarter before the game dissolved into garbage time.
"That's the only way we're good," said coach Doc Rivers. "But sometimes you get caught. The game's not going good, and all of a sudden you're walking the ball up the floor and you get caught in that pace.
"I just knew we had to attack them if we wanted any chance of winning. And you saw how everything opened up when we did."
The Celts were ahead by five after one quarter and by 15 at the half.
NOTES, QUOTES
—F Paul Pierce finished seventh in the Most Valuable Player balloting. He received one third-place votes, two fourth-place votes and 10 fifth-place votes.
He took the news with humor.
"What do I get?" he said with mock excitement. "What do I get?"
Turning back to reality, Pierce added, "Shoot, 20 years from now they're not going to be saying that I got seventh."
—Coach Doc Rivers has already been heavily fined for criticizing officials this season ($65,000 total for three incidents), and he jokingly danced toward another between Games 1 and 2.
"Look, you're not going to go over the top of Dwight Howard," said Rivers. "Every time I watch a team trying to throw floaters over him, I'm like, what the (expletive) is that? You've got to go through guys. I don't care if it's not Dwight Howard. If I see a big, I'm going through him. That's what you're supposed to do.
"That's what Paul did on that last play."
Rivers grinned.
"That was a little ..." he added, making a twisting motion with his hand to indicate his belief a foul could have been called.
The coach was then thinking about his recent fines.
"That's $25,000 more," Rivers said.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "It's great to talk about, but we still lost the game." — Coach Doc Rivers on the Celtics' comeback in Game 1.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Rajon Rondo, Shooting guard Ray Allen, Small forward Paul Pierce, Power forward Glen Davis, Center Kendrick Perkins. Bench — Guard Eddie House, Guard-Forward Tony Allen, Forward Brian Scalabrine, Center Mikki Moore, Guard Stephon Marbury.
PLAYER NOTES:
—G Rajon Rondo had 15 points, 11 rebounds and 18 assists Wednesday for his third triple-double of these playoffs. The only other Celtic to have three triple-doubles in one postseason was Larry Bird in 1985-86.
—C Kendrick Perkins had 16 points and nine rebounds in 32 minutes in Game 2, while Orlando's Dwight Howard had 12 points and 12 boards in 37 minutes. Perkins blocked two shots, Howard none.
—F Paul Pierce was able to get a nice rest Wednesday. He played just 16 minutes because of foul trouble, and the fact the Celts were holding the lead allowed him to sit even longer.

MAGIC

The Magic are looking for some home-court mojo now.
After getting a weird-looking split in Boston –- a hang-on-for-dear-life victory and then a blowout loss — the Magic have stolen the home-court advantage from the Celtics.
Now they must protect it.
The best-of-seven, second-round series resumes Friday night in Orlando, where the Magic split with the Celtics this season. The Magic also lost one of their home games during their first-round series against Philadelphia.
Game 3 is expected to mark the return of rookie guard Courtney Lee, whose athleticism should help the Magic in the backcourt. Lee missed the final game against Philly and the first two games against Boston after surgery to repair a fractured sinus cavity.
The Magic also need a return to dominance of Dwight Howard, the Defensive Player of the Year. He was very good in Game 1 but very mediocre in the Game 2 loss.
The Magic need only to win in Orlando now to win the series. Although Game 5 will be in Boston, a potential Game 6 will be back in Orlando.
What they need more than the home court is the fire they used to start the series — they roared to a 28-point lead in Game 1 before collapsing in the fourth quarter and allowing the Celtics to close to within three.
The Magic played Game 2 much like they ended Game 1, which allowed the Celtics to roar away to an easy victory.
CELTICS 112, MAGIC 94: The Magic backcourt got terrorized by the Celtics, who got 31 points from reserve Eddie House and another triple-double from point guard Rajon Rondo. The Magic looked almost pedestrian as the Celtics roared to an easy win to even the best-of-seven series at 1-1. Dwight Howard managed just 12 points, 12 rebounds and no blocked shots. He also committed five turnovers. The Magic never threatened in the second half, and they never led after Paul Pierce hit a 3-pointer to start the game.
NOTES, QUOTES
—C Dwight Howard was named to the NBA All-Defense first team, joining Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Chris Paul and Kevin Garnett. It was the first time any Magic player had received this honor. It should have come as no surprise because Howard already had been named the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year.
—Celtics assistant Coach Clifford Ray was the first big man's coach for Dwight Howard. When he first came into the league, Howard worked with Ray at his camp in Bradenton, Fla. He also was an assistant with the Magic during his rookie season. Ray is one of the coaches who helped instill a good work ethic into Howard.
—Celtics coach Doc Rivers was the Magic coach from 1999 to 2003 before he was fired early in his fifth season. Rivers still keeps his primary residence in Orlando, and he joked that the matchup with the Magic allows him to sleep in his own bed in both cities.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "The game sped up, and we couldn't keep up." — Coach Stan Van Gundy after the Magic got blown out in Game 2.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Rafer Alston, Shooting guard J.J. Redick, Small forward Hedo Turkoglu, Power forward Rashard Lewis, Center Dwight Howard. Bench — G Mickael Pietrus, G Anthony Johnson, C/F Tony Battie.
PLAYER NOTES:
—G Courtney Lee joined the team in Boston and participated in the morning shootaround Wednesday, but he didn't put on his uniform for the game. He sat on the bench in street clothes and is expected back for Game 3 on Friday. He didn't play in Games 1 or 2 because of the surgery to repair his fractured sinus cavity.
—G J.J. Redick was ejected with 4:45 remaining after he fouled out, obviously frustrated with some calls against him. Redick, though, played well when he played, hitting 4 of 6 from 3-point range for 15 points in 24 minutes.
—G Rafer Alston will await word on Thursday whether there will be any disciplinary action against him for his open-handed slap of Eddie House. Although none of the officials saw it and he was allowed to continue playing, television replays showed the infraction and the league could suspend him for a game.

ROCKETS

The Rockets believed that Kobe Bryant had gotten away with a cheap shot or two in Game 1. Bryant had hit Shane Battier in the head with an elbow and knee, but it came in a loose ball pileup and the NBA ruled that it could not be sure how it all happened.
Then Artest took a Bryant elbow in the neck and decided he would force the league to notice. He charged in a long sprint to Bryant, getting within inches of Bryant's face until he was thrown out of the game.
Artest said he thought he would get only a technical foul, and Bryant said there should have been no more punishment than that. But Artest did say the league should review video of the elbow that set him off and now it will have to.
"Now, I play fair and square and I lose fair and square. I put my arm on Kobe. I touch. You see your man and the ball. Just basic defense. He hits my arm down. I'm telling the ref, he hits my arm. You can't do that.' Then he did it again. I tell the refs, 'You got to control this.' Then he throws an elbow right in my neck. I told Kobe, 'You can do whatever you want to do. I'm not reacting. I'm going to let the refs control it.'
"What am I going to do? I'm going to continue to get hit. In Game 1, he elbowed Shane. The league says he was just trying to get up. But in Game 1, he clearly was overaggressive on Shane. My team, we're not like that. We're going to win fair and square or lose fair and square. We're not going to initiate anything.
"You have to have (guts) to hit a guy like me in the throat. I'm hoping the league looks at it."
They will, along with Artest's actions after he was ejected and Derek Fisher's flagrant foul. The Rockets' greatest hope, however, is that after they argued that Bryant should have been at least fined after Game 1, the NBA will look at Game 2 with that in mind.
ROCKETS 98, LAKERS 111: The Lakers had hit the Rockets with their best, rolling up 39 first-quarter points, more than any team has scored against them since the Lakers had 39 in the fourth quarter in November. The Rockets could take that punch. They came back and took a lead. They could not, however, keep their composure when the game got physical. In a game with five technical fouls, two ejections and a flagrant foul, the Rockets finally cracked for good when Ron Artest charged Kobe Bryant and was ejected with the Lakers leading by 10 with 6:57 left. The Rockets never threatened again as the Lakers rebuilt the 15-point lead they had in the first quarter, with Bryant soaring and Artest not around to match him.
NOTES, QUOTES
—C Yao Ming expected the fronting defenses. The Rockets had a pretty good idea that Lamar Odom would start instead of Andrew Bynum, and that would move Pau Gasol to Yao. With Gasol defending him, Yao knew Gasol would station himself in front to deny passes inside.
Slowed by foul trouble, Yao took just one shot, a tip-in, through three quarters. Most of the game, however, the Rockets offense was fine. The problem was the fouls that kept Yao to just 26 minutes.
"We knew there was a strong possibility that they would start Odom and that matchup out there," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. "Yao has just got to do a better job staying out of foul trouble and know that he's facing a guy that's more active and is going to put it on the floor and attack the basket on him."
—G Von Wafer was tossed from the game, but unlike Derek Fisher and Ron Artest, the officials had nothing to do with the decision.
Wafer protested when Rick Adelman pulled him from the game, throwing a water bottle. Adelman sent him to the locker room, playing the Rockets' leading scorer in the regular season against the Lakers just nine minutes.
Adelman and Rockets general manager Daryl Morey would not discuss the incident, calling it "a team matter." Wafer was unavailable for comment.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "We're here to play, play hard, as hard as you can. We lost a little bit of composure." — Luis Scola
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Aaron Brooks, Shooting guard Ron Artest, Small forward Shane Battier, Power forward Luis Scola, Center Yao Ming. Bench – Guard Kyle Lowry, Guard Von Wafer, Forward Carl Landry, center/forward Chuck Hayes.
PLAYER NOTES:
—C Yao Ming went from scoring 28 points in Game 1 to just 12 in Game 2, taking just one shot in the first three quarters while unable to get touches against the fronting defense of Pau Gasol. He made just 3 of 4 shots overall, added 10 rebounds while playing just 26 minutes because of foul trouble.
—F Carl Landry, whose career playoff high had been 13 points, scored 16 in the second quarter to help drive the Rockets' comeback from a 15-point deficit. He finished with 21 points, one shy of his career high, making 7 of 9 shots, and 10 rebounds. He could have scored more but made just 7 of 13 free throws.
—G Ron Artest had his third consecutive 20-point game, something he did just once during the regular season, but with 6:57 left he charged at Kobe Bryant and was ejected from the game. Artest led the Rockets with 25 points on 8-of-14 shooting but left the game with the Lakers leading by 10.

LAKERS

Guard Derek Fisher risked ejection and suspension to deliver a hard body shot to Houston Rockets forward Luis Scola late in the third quarter of the Lakers' Game 2 victory at Staples Center on Wednesday night.
Fisher was indeed ejected for a Type 2 flagrant foul and will wait to see what NBA senior vice president Stu Jackson, who was in attendance, rules regarding a possible suspension for Game 3 Friday night in Houston. The series is tied, 1-1.
"I knew they were going to run a high screen roll and we had a foul to give," Fisher said. "My intent was to run through the pick hard. I don't agree with an ejection, but I understand (referee) Joe (Crawford)'s position and wanting to get the game under control. Hopefully there won't be any suspensions involved."
Fisher was aware that Scola had just previously committed a foul that irritated the Lakers' Lamar Odom and Luke Walton.
"Lamar went to the hole and he'd come down," Fisher said. "Scola was tugging his jersey even more to pull him down. That's why Luke and I stepped in."
Fisher was replaced by backup Shannon Brown after he was ejected, and Jordan Farmar played most of the fourth quarter.
LAKERS 111, ROCKETS 98: Kobe Bryant made up for a slow start in Game 1 by scoring 40 points on 16-of-27 shooting from the field. Ron Artest led the Rockets with 25 points but was ejected with 6:57 to play.
NOTES, QUOTES
—The Lakers weren't happy with their Game 1 team defense in the loss to Houston. They bounced back with eight blocked shots in Game 2, four by Pau Gasol.
—Lakers coach Phil Jackson started Andrew Bynum at center for Game 1 in hopes of standing up to Houston center Yao Ming, but Jackson switched back to Lamar Odom at power forward and Gasol at center in Game 2 with far better results. Yao got in early foul trouble and had just 12 points in Game 2.
QUOTE TO NOTE: "We can still get better." — Guard Shannon Brown after the Lakers won Game 2 against Houston.
ROSTER REPORT
ROTATION: Starters — Point guard Derek Fisher, Shooting guard Kobe Bryant, Small forward Trevor Ariza, Power forward Lamar Odom, Center Pau Gasol. Bench — Center Andrew Bynum, Forward Luke Walton, Guard Sasha Vujacic, Guard Shannon Brown, Guard Jordan Farmar, Forward Josh Powell, Center DJ Mbenga.
PLAYER NOTES:
—F Luke Walton (ankle) returned to action in Game 2 of the Houston series Wednesday night and contributed six points and five assists in 20 minutes.
—C Andrew Bynum played just 8:39 in Game 2. He estimated the knee injury that cost him most of the second half of the regular season has left him just 85-90 percent healthy.
—G Kobe Bryant said he didn't think Houston's Ron Artest should've been ejected for storming across the court at him in Game 2. Artest was upset because Bryant had elbowed him just before that.

Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. A perfect night fellas... Friday night lights out....see ya @ the pub.

Back