Friday mattingly will cost LAD a title Discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
handled Haren so badly last night yanking him when he was dominating and only at 89 pitches when it was clear Scoscia was gonna pinch hit for both lefties he had b2b. Coulda been 2-0 in the 9th and really should've been, instead Jansen had to get through the heart of the order with a RISP...

leans from the BOL open:
PIT u7.5
OAK u7
CHW +155
SF u7

on the radar:
ATL +103
MIL u8
ARI o8.5
DET -127
CHW u7
CHC under
BAL -140
SF -123

Detroit is 13-3 to Under their L16 road games vs. AL teams (10-1 L11).

baffling.

And BC thanks for stopping by I want you to run some New Yankee Stadium numbers and compare how poor the offense has been there this year vs previous years with no wall changes

Atlanta is on my radar too. Anaheim, Pitt prominent. Have not developed a dislike of Padres
but they are bad off a day off and when you compare Worley on 5 to Kennedy on 5 its rather 1sided

Dodgers coming from a night game in (9pm central start) to Milwaukee. That and Roberto Hernandez meeting the team in Milwaukee has be liking the Crew

I dont understand this trade. Fausto sucks.

His numbers aren't bad this year, but it looks like RHP bullpen insurance for when Brandon League loses his stuff as he does every season. They look okay from the left side with Howell but their 8th inning RHP is shaky

Those are good thoughts about Fausto GW. you are exactly right about League. I was at a game last year in Denver and he gave up a 2 out bottom of ninth tying HR to Helton (only to win in extras). Told everyone around me it was coming. haha I think they brought Puig up next series.

Tend to think Tampa will fade now and fight Bosox for last. Cubbies on 7-3 run almost .500 at home. I like their offfense and Wada seems to be effective LH. Will play them. Also on Blue Jays to keep it close against quiet Tiger bats.

If you added the degrees of clockwise tilt in Rodneys and Archers caps. You would get Flavor.

Flavor%20Flav3-20120116-2.jpg

updated leans:
PIT u7
OAK u7: Hickox
CHW +156: Wunderground
SF u7

on the radar:
ATL +106
ARI o8
CHC u7.5
SF -114

Those are good thoughts about Fausto GW. you are exactly right about League. I was at a game last year in Denver and he gave up a 2 out bottom of ninth tying HR to Helton (only to win in extras). Told everyone around me it was coming. haha I think they brought Puig up next series.

Tend to think Tampa will fade now and fight Bosox for last. Cubbies on 7-3 run almost .500 at home. I like their offfense and Wada seems to be effective LH. Will play them. Also on Blue Jays to keep it close against quiet Tiger bats.

i would wait on TOR/not play them because I doubt Melky plays tonight

Orioles having their 60th anniversary celebration tonight at Camden Yards, bringing back 23 Orioles hall of famers for a ceremony before the game. I personally don't put a ton of stock into this kind of shit, but I know some do.

Of note in Baltimore is the drop in humidity today, the fact that Masterson has had pretty good success vs. the birds, and Tillman has looked decent of late makes me want to look hard at an under here.

Orioles having their 60th anniversary celebration tonight at Camden Yards, bringing back 23 Orioles hall of famers for a ceremony before the game. I personally don't put a ton of stock into this kind of shit, but I know some do.

Of note in Baltimore is the drop in humidity today, the fact that Masterson has had pretty good success vs. the birds, and Tillman has looked decent of late makes me want to look hard at an under here.

Tillman is a massive under at home. 14-6 last 20

Tillman is a massive under at home. 14-6 last 20

Yep Tuck, I agree. On the O's broadcast the other night they showed a stat saying Baltimore is 28th in runs scored since the break, despite having the best record in the bigs over that span. Under certainly makes a lot of sense.

agree with humidity, don't want to back Masterson even though I'm sure he's motivated to have a good night tonight

Thanks for keeping this thread going all summer fellas. Life's been hectic so I haven't had the time to check in as much as I'd like but I still peek in here on a daily basis and love seeing the contributions from all the regulars.

agree with humidity, don't want to back Masterson even though I'm sure he's motivated to have a good night tonight
Was leaning under, but Nasty Masty's lifetime numbers at Camden are kinda ugh...

[TABLE="class: sortable stats_table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: center"]I[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc, align: left"]Split[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]W[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]L[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]<nobr>W-L%</nobr>[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, align: center"]ERA[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]G[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]GS[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]GF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]CG[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SHO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SV[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]IP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]H[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]R[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]ER[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]HR[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]IBB[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]SO[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]HBP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BK[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]WP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip, align: center"]BF[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip sort_default_asc hide_non_quals, align: center"]WHIP[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]SO9[/TH]
[TH="class: tooltip hide_non_quals, align: center"]SO/W[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: tooltip"]BAL-Camden Yards[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]3[/TD]
[TD="align: right"].400[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6.98[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]8[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]6[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]40.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]49[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]33[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]31[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]14[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]40[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]5[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]4[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]183[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]1.575[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]9.0[/TD]
[TD="align: right"]2.86[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

And that's not just one bad start throwing off the numbers - that's multiple bad starts.

[TABLE="class: starters"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="colspan: 15"]Justin Masterson (R) Previous Starts vs. Baltimore[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: alt"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]Opposition[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]Scr[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]Line[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]W/L[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]IP[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]H[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]R[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]ER[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]SO[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]BB[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]HR[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]PIT[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]P/IP[/TH]
[TH="class: alt"]G/F[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]05/22/14[/TD]
[TD] (CLE) @ BAL[/TD]
[TD]8-7[/TD]
[TD]128/8.5[/TD]
[TD] W/O[/TD]
[TD]5.2[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD] 5[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD]3[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD] 96[/TD]
[TD] 16.9[/TD]
[TD] 3.50[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]06/25/13[/TD]
[TD] (CLE) @ BAL[/TD]
[TD]3-6[/TD]
[TD]119/9.5[/TD]
[TD] L/U[/TD]
[TD]6.1[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD] 6[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD] 97[/TD]
[TD] 15.3[/TD]
[TD] 7.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]07/01/12[/TD]
[TD] (CLE) @ BAL[/TD]
[TD]6-2[/TD]
[TD]101/9[/TD]
[TD] W/U[/TD]
[TD]7.0[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]2[/TD]
[TD] 1[/TD]
[TD]7[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD] 97[/TD]
[TD] 13.9[/TD]
[TD] 5.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]07/14/11[/TD]
[TD] (CLE) @ BAL[/TD]
[TD]8-4[/TD]
[TD]-104/8.5[/TD]
[TD] W/O[/TD]
[TD]6.0[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD] 4[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD] 105[/TD]
[TD] 17.5[/TD]
[TD] 0.75[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]05/14/10[/TD]
[TD] (CLE) @ BAL[/TD]
[TD]1-8[/TD]
[TD]110/8.5[/TD]
[TD] L/O[/TD]
[TD]5.1[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD] 6[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD]0[/TD]
[TD] 112[/TD]
[TD] 21.0[/TD]
[TD] 11.00[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]08/30/09[/TD]
[TD] (CLE) @ BAL[/TD]
[TD]2-5[/TD]
[TD]-111/9.5[/TD]
[TD] L/U[/TD]
[TD]5.2[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]5[/TD]
[TD] 4[/TD]
[TD]6[/TD]
[TD]4[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD] 99[/TD]
[TD] 17.5[/TD]
[TD] 1.00[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

He must be lights out against them at the Jake then Hugh. I looked at 3 year splits and the numbers are much better vs. Balt. Plus Orioles are not hitting right now.

Last 3 yrs vs. Balt:

6 games, 4-2 record.
3.63 ERA
35 ip
5 BB
31 hits
.235 BA

Will look at it more. A extremely talented poster that goes by Rolltide at the RX is on it. Any input on Pitt injuries today? Have not looked at Oakland game but do not trust Kazmir but Gibson much better in day and on 5

I do but won't bet it. Baltimore loaded with Righties. Batting .208 last 10 vs. RHP.

Markakis a lefty who actually hits lefties better.

Chris Davis couldn't hit Rihanna right now.

Big under play for me, and St Loo has some value.

Masterson born in Kingston Jamaica. Never would have guessed that.

Trend wise, the over in Philly seems the way to go (11-2-2 O/U the L15 between the Mets and Phils at Citizens Bank), but Fat Boy tends to spin gems every time I go against him, so I dunno...

Will look at it more. A extremely talented poster that goes by Rolltide at the RX is on it. Any input on Pitt injuries today? Have not looked at Oakland game but do not trust Kazmir but Gibson much better in day and on 5

sinkerballers usually better in the day, but he can throw a gem if he's on

Trend wise, the over in Philly seems the way to go (11-2-2 O/U the L15 between the Mets and Phils at Citizens Bank), but Fat Boy tends to spin gems every time I go against him, so I dunno...

i may stop making lines on his games, i lose everytime and it's always different

Bartolo Colon has produced a team record of 1-16 (+$1,688) since July 2009 after allowing 2+ home runs last start
Regarding Masterson's last start at Baltimore
Joe West was the ump.

I think that's the 3rd time this week I've seen someone get picked off 2nd base...

:hang:

I do but won't bet it. Baltimore loaded with Righties. Batting .208 last 10 vs. RHP.

Markakis a lefty who actually hits lefties better.

Chris Davis couldn't hit Rihanna right now.

Big under play for me, and St Loo has some value.

Masterson born in Kingston Jamaica. Never would have guessed that.

Waiting on ump but intend to hit the under unless one the big overs is there

Developing some interest in Arizona tonight so a play on Colorado is highly likely but Arizona has been upgrading last few days in players like Lamb and they have now lost the magic 3 in a row.

Anibal is better on the road and at night. Dickey is better on the road and during the day. Advantage Anibal. Det looking to avenge getting swept at home by Toronto. Miggy off a day rest should help boost struggling offense a bit.

Detroit should be avoided at all costs. They aren't hitting. Hard to get back on track when you face a knuckleballer tonight.

Hou is really enjoying Texas having a down year. After years of getting their teeth kicked in during this in-state rivalry, Hou has dominated Texas this year and I don't see them letting up any time soon.

Haven't seen lineups in Col/Arz, but can't imagine they look very good. Both teams just decimated.

Detroit should be avoided at all costs. They aren't hitting. Hard to get back on track when you face a knuckleballer tonight.
Then again, with Dickey making a big stink about the roof being open in Houston his last start, might be enough to throw him off his game a bit and see him chuck some lollipops tonight...

Back