Friday lines and discussion

I wasn't expecting such a high total on the lakers/hornets game to be so high but I think it goes over.

Can Charlotte cover... I doubt it

oh and Hornets revenge. We got dominated in our last game vs the Lakers @ home. Fans are coming out in full force now with consistent sell outs. I'd be scared of D. West getting hurt, Im guessing he may be heavily taped up because he rolled it just a bit in the previous game. Hornets off a big win, playing with some confidence I'm sure while the Lakers have cooled off and are giving up plenty of points.

Lakers 9-1 to Under last 10 games they've played off conceding 100+ pts
Spurs 10-0 to Under this season w/rest off conceding 100+ pts

both play Friday off having conceded 100+ pts their last respective games

i was initially looking at the lakers to secure that top seed in the west, but hornets are also playing so well now, might need to look into this further

also leaning the bulls, if they want to be in the playoffs, they should start winning now

anyone thinks, jazz are a live dog tomorrow, i do, however boston seems to take on the strong teams seriously, though i think the jazz can play the celts

no lean on the spurs-pistons game yet, anyone thinks spurs lose 7 ats in a row? really want to hear what our detroit pistons expert has to say about that

be back later, GL gents

Think Lakers are the right side. Hornets results look phoney. In the last 6 wins the best was Utah. But we know Utah was playing 3 in 4 off a big win and we know they are a bad road team. The Suns were a joke at that point and the Spurs are an older team currently running on fumes. Atlanta, Knicks and Nets just cannon fodder. The 2 losses each to Houston and Washington are very revealing. Lakers last 20 on the road are 15-5. Hornets at home are 15-5 last 20. We can trade stats till morning but recently when the Hornets have played strong teams they have looked weak to me. Lakers are 5-1 with 2 days rest and this is the first road game on a 4 game trip where amazingly the Hornets may be their weakest opponent. They know its just going to get harder and I think the Lakers will give their best effort here and I think that is likely to be good enough.

Would lean to cover by Boston. Dallas will win easily and probably cover. Not really seeing much dog action right now except Lakers. No idea concerning Spurs Detroit. Just a lot of chalk that probably wins.

anyone thinks spurs lose 7 ats in a row? really want to hear what our detroit pistons expert has to say about that

Spurs smell like they're in meltdown mode. Duncan and Parker couldnt play any better than they did for 3 periods vs Nawlins, yet they were still down 9 pts entering the 4th (rest of the team shot 13-45). They simply don't repeat championships, and are getting ever older as the seasons go by.

Spurs smell like they're in meltdown mode. Duncan and Parker couldnt play any better than they did for 3 periods vs Nawlins, yet they were still down 9 pts entering the 4th (rest of the team shot 13-45). They simply don't repeat championships, and are getting ever older as the seasons go by.

Just fade Spurs at 2H

Think Lakers are the right side. Hornets results look phoney. In the last 6 wins the best was Utah. But we know Utah was playing 3 in 4 off a big win and we know they are a bad road team. The Suns were a joke at that point and the Spurs are an older team currently running on fumes. Atlanta, Knicks and Nets just cannon fodder. The 2 losses each to Houston and Washington are very revealing. Lakers last 20 on the road are 15-5. Hornets at home are 15-5 last 20. We can trade stats till morning but recently when the Hornets have played strong teams they have looked weak to me. Lakers are 5-1 with 2 days rest and this is the first road game on a 4 game trip where amazingly the Hornets may be their weakest opponent. They know its just going to get harder and I think the Lakers will give their best effort here and I think that is likely to be good enough.

Tuck, the Spurs running on fumes could be an argument every time they lose. Most times, when they win, they're a dynasty, a championship team. Hornets win over SA is REAL. Hornets' losses you mentioned may not have been. At least not both. The one against Washington (who were without Butler) was embarrasing, but the one against Houston is not. The reason of course being the absence of David West. The team has 3 real scorers, two of them are consistent. Paul and West.

Stojaković jumps in when it's his night. Btw, no forgiveness for a ROAD loss against a team that is now riding a 20 game winning streak? Also playing without West at that point? I actually like the Hornets at plus money at home against the Lakers who will definitely regress at least a bit in the next week or so. How much longer can they keep playing at a top class level, without giving something to the L column?

I agree with Satyr. I mean, when the Spurs won 9 in a row, everyone was talking about them. Now they have lost a few and they are not going to win. I will take my chances with them winning:tiphat:

when the Spurs won 9 in a row, everyone was talking about them

winning 9 in a row (after the ASB) isnt that big a deal this season, and their 9 in a row simply wasn't notworthy at all: NJY twice, Indy, MIL, ATL, CHA, MIN, NOR (minus West) & the 1 decent scalp, Dallas (just 7th in the standings).
If anything, that 9 game win streak hid the fact these Spurs are doing nothing & going nowhere this season.

winning 9 in a row (after the ASB) isnt that big a deal this season, and their 9 in a row simply wasn't notworthy at all: NJY twice, Indy, MIL, ATL, CHA, MIN, NOR (minus West) & the 1 decent scalp, Dallas (just 7th in the standings).
If anything, that 9 game win streak hid the fact these Spurs are doing nothing & going nowhere this season.

Well, i hope you are wrong BC and the onething I do know, they are the Champs with the best coach in the NBA. I will take my chances with them in a 7 game series against anyone:cheers:

Lakers 9-1 to Under last 10 games they've played off conceding 100+ pts
Spurs 10-0 to Under this season w/rest off conceding 100+ pts

both play Friday off having conceded 100+ pts their last respective games

Both games went Under.

And the Lakers will play Houston again off having conceded 100+ points, meaning their (now) 10-1 Under last 11 spot will apply again.

Back