Friday "how good is rodon"? Discussion thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
White Sox looks like a solid one.

A's bats are cold, White Sox are pretty hot .793 OPS last 7 games while the A's are pretty cold .662, batting .229 last 7 games. A's BP still shit with Doolittle and Hahn is completely off form right now , has gone more than 5 innings once this season, while young stud Rodon is new and fairly unseen which always favors the pitcher. Rodon is a stud.

Like White Sox's a lot.

Bumgarner FF vs Marquis

I think Madison can outpitch Marquis .312 OPP BA, 1.51 WHIP

Huge pitching mismatch. Bum FF -0.5 will be low juice.

Astros last 7 games
.162 ba .532 OPS

Red Sox
.187 ba .547 OPS

cold as ice

Nats .994 last 7 games
Seattle .821 ops

44-38 +4.64 units
White sox +113 for 0.85 units
Betting a little more than usual. Absolutely love this selection.

agree on whitesox...

weaver off complete game SO, feel the o's bats can get to him tonight but not a huge Wei Yin fan...

want to play over in tejas as I don't think chen will be fooling those rangers bats, but hard to trust those cleveland bats whom have barely seen wandy and he's been above serviceable thus far

wanted to go over in seattle as Happ has a lot of history against the red sox since he used to be in AL east, clay will give up runs

Don't think zimmerman should be favoured here

i'm going to be the only one with this opinion, but rodon is a disaster. randy johnson sucked his first couple years in the majors because he didn't know where the hell his pitches were going, and he was able to correct it...maybe it will be the same thing with this rodon kid after getting some mlb time under his belt, but i've watched every one of his outings and his command of all of the two (2) pitches he throws is excruciating to watch. the only reason he hasn't had a horrible game yet is because the opposition has swung at shit way out of the strike zone. oak isn't going to be swinging at pitches thrown at their feet and bouncing up to home plate like cincy was (he even threw a pitch way behind byrd's legs), they are way more patient and will let this kid dig his own hole. over is the play imo.

Major trend operating on the Mets today. Colon on Friday=Bingo
Baltimore is a problem. 0-5 on Friday. Jared Weaver on the road against any decent team is a disaster???
Baltimore is also 0-4 this season with a day off.
Would certainly like Marlins with the better pitcher as Teheran has been less than reasonable on the road this year.
Might not be popular but lean Yankees.
Need to read more. Likely pounding Dodgers Saturday and Sunday. Today? I imagine they win but Kershaw is so overrated this season?

Last edited:
Good point big on rod on and pathetic A's at 13-24 have actually outscored opponents on the year. That said, I'm still on sox.

Pads at home with Despang looks very good esp at plus chalk. Zimmer not up to form yet.

I'm on Fish most days and today no different vs erratic Teheran at home vs low juice

Anyone making a case for Cubs. They got to Locke twice near end of April and Hendricks was decent and rats only .236 on year

Who is more a fly ball pitcher? Locke or Hendricks? Warm day wind blowing out. I think the Cubs have more guys who try to lift the ball bat wise but that's just a gut feeling nothing to back it up.

Early lean
Oakland RL
It is first game of series.
It is at night.
Oakland has no 1 run wins at home.
WS 0-3 on Friday
2 problems I am concerned with
Oakland is bad vs left handers
Oakland is poor after a shut out
Still thinking but plus 180 is very tempting

Cubbies are batting .204(2nd worst) in day games and .276 (2nd best) in night games this season

while

Buccos are batting .266(9th best) in day games and .221 (WORST) in night games this season

Interesting thing about Hahn.
Very good on 5 days rest
Only came up once this season, Played at KC on 5 days rest. Night game.
5.1 innings 0 runs 1 walk 3 hits
By a coincidence this will be his second start on 5 this season.

Not trying to be clever but 6 of Hendricks start have gone over and Locke is very easy to hit right now,

<tbody>
[TD="class: matchupCells Text"]HENDRICKS is 0-1 when starting against PITTSBURGH with an ERA of 4.36 and a WHIP of 1.258.[/TD]

[TD="class: matchupCells Text"]His team's record is 0-2 (-2.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-2. (-2.5 units)[/TD]

</tbody>

As far as I can see in the Oakland game either side might win but the payoff for Oakland is great and unpopular favorites tend to make money.

MARQUIS is 19-4 (+12.1 Units) against the money line in home games when playing on Friday in his career. (Team's Record)

ZIMMERMANN is 36-13 (+19.4 Units) against the money line in night games over the last 2 seasons. (Team's Record)

O's 8-0 home off a win in W Y Chen's starts L2 seasons
O's 8-1 L9 Chen starts on 5 days rest, 22-8 L 30 home starts
Weaver coming off 120 pitch outing, good 6 or more days career but not last 2 seasons, knocked around by Balt last few seasons
LAA 2-7 L9 Weaver starts

Astros last 7 games
.162 ba .532 OPS

Red Sox
.187 ba .547 OPS

cold as ice

Nats .994 last 7 games
Seattle .821 ops

difference between stros and sox is that the sox have won 3/4 with good pitching....but either team tough to bet right now

May have to bite the bullet and play Baltimore but if I do it will be small with negatives mentioned above.

Jered Weaver

(laa) - throws R at bal - 7:05 PM ET - Camden Yards [SIZE=-1]RotoGuru ESPN MLB Yahoo BB-Ref FanGraphs[/SIZE]
BATTERSBCS
Alejandro De Aza

[SIZE=-1]L[/SIZE]
11[SIZE=-1]| RotoGuru | ESPN | MLB | Yahoo | BB-Ref | FanGraphs |[/SIZE]
Adam Jones

[SIZE=-1]R[/SIZE]
00[SIZE=-1]| RotoGuru | ESPN | MLB | Yahoo | BB-Ref | FanGraphs |[/SIZE]
Delmon Young

[SIZE=-1]R[/SIZE]
20[SIZE=-1]| RotoGuru | ESPN | MLB | Yahoo | BB-Ref | FanGra[/SIZE]

<tbody>
[TD="class: textright"]AB[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]H[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]2B[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]3B[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]HR[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]RBI[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]BB[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]SO[/TD]

[TD="class: textright"]AVG[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]OBP[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]SLG[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]OPS[/TD]
[TD="align: left"] other site links[/TD]

[TD="class: textright"]9[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]4[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]1[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]0[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]2[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]3[/TD]

[TD="class: textright"].444[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"].545[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"].889[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]1.434[/TD]

[TD="class: textright"]23[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]7[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]6[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]4[/TD]

[TD="class: textright"].304[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"].320[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"].696[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]1.016[/TD]

[TD="class: textright"]18[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]7[/TD]

[TD="class: textright"].389[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"].389[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"].611[/TD]
[TD="class: textright"]1.000[/TD]

</tbody>

Sox playing better since team meeting on Saturday

what do you suppose they talk about in those meetings?....i can imagine lines like...."anyone going to "who's on first" after the game tonight?"
or "i banged this hot redhead last night".....ha ha....love to be a fly on the wall

Astro hitting is getting better. Dickey is about 41.

they have scored 10 runs in the last two games with 8 hits in each game....in the 8 games prior to that they have averaged 4.3 hits per game....probably doesn't qualify as "hitting better".....but i am always looking an excuse to bet them

Back