Friday hoops

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
New Orleans -3.5 (2.01) 6 units

Counting on the Hornets to get up for this one, as they mostly do against sub .500 teams. They're not the problem, the real problem is facing the teams from the upper echelon and beating them consistently. Stojakovic might not be hot but Paul, West, Mo Peterson and Chandler are in solid form, I think they can hurt this Bobcat team big time, just looking at these two teams and their abilities right now. The Bobcats are hardly a solid team right now, they will hardly match the class CP3 has to offer, even though Felton would surely love to step up against Paul, I think the Hornets win this one by double digits.

Orlando (-3.5) (1.91)
6 units

The Magic owns Heat as far as recent seasons are concerned and it's no wonder. Miami lacks energy and has lacked intensity throughout the season. O'Neal, Quinn, Jason Williams, all banged up for tonight. Quinn won't play and the other two are questionable. With Orlando breaking out of their shell against NY and considering they step up against state rivals I am willing to lay this road chalk right here. Howard might not even be the key here, if Shaq indeed is out that's another story, but in all honesty I think Turkoglu, Jameer, Lewis and co will kill Miami from the perimeter. Fading the abysmal team at a short number, even if it is road chalk.

I don't have the most fresh info but this is what I dug out earlier:

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/359185.html

SHAQ, WILLIAMS CHECKED

Heat starters Shaquille O'Neal and Jason Williams were checked out by team doctors Thursday for injuries and are questionable for Friday's game against the Magic.

O'Neal aggravated a left thigh injury during Wednesday's loss at Philadelphia and played just 29 minutes. He also has been slowed by right thigh and knee stiffness since the preseason.

O'Neal said he initially injured his left hip when he dove for a loose ball in Saturday's win against the Jazz. After Wednesday's game, O'Neal sounded as if he planned to continue to play through the discomfort.

''I just have to do what I do,'' O'Neal said. ``I've played in pain before.''

Williams, who missed Wednesday's game, had a magnetic resonance imaging test on his left knee Thursday. The tests didn't reveal significant damage, but Williams still had swelling in the knee.

Williams' backup, second-year guard Chris Quinn, also has been out with an ankle injury. Quinn was out of the protective walking boot Thursday, but he is doubtful for Friday's game.

PARKER WITH TEAM

Heat guard Smush Parker has been given an opportunity to rejoin the team, although it remains unclear if he would be activated for games.

Parker has been kept away from the team since his Nov. 27 altercation with a valet parking attendant, who alleged the fourth-year veteran grabbed and twisted her arm in an attempt to retrieve his keys.

Parker, who signed a deal worth $4.6 million over two years with the Heat last summer, has missed the past 16 games and has been shopped by the Heat.

Playing Orlando myself though minus 2.5. Not playing the other one. Agree with your general picture on NO. I feel though at this point the Bobcats are also a real team which scares me. GL

adding:

Orlando -5 (2.04) 2nd H

5 units

Miami will have weary legs in the 2nd and lack of talent inside will cost them a W here.

That's what I'm talking about. 7-1 in the last 3 days. Finally back on track.:cheers:money;

Wade is fucking phenomenal though. 48 points, 16/21 FG :eek: 16/23 FT, 11 assists, 7 boards, 3 steals. :eek: :bows:

incredible.

:shake:

I have to admit though, that last rush by Orlando with 1:40 remaining in the 4th saved my day, otherwise I would've ended it in a loss.

Anyways, I will post my plays tomorrow, then nothing before Wednesday, as I'm going to be out of town.

Back