Friday ESPN Game 8:00 PM EST: Hawaii Warriors at San Jose State Spartans

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
Notes:

- Brennan’s numbers are decent after 6 games: 1,850yds / 16TD / 6Int / 73.4%. However, Brennan has only played 13 Quarters, or about 3 games…….

- Brennan reinjured his ankle against Utah State after being hit low. Backup and designated starter for next year, Tyler Graunke came in and threw for 246 yards and 3 TDs in less than 2 quarters and just 11 pass attempts.

- Graunke is extremely capable at QB. He is Arizona high schools all time passing leader and has a huge chip on his shoulder. Unlike Brennan who methodically goes through his progressions, Graunke tries to hit home runs in his backup role, heaving bombs whenever he can.

- Joke of the Day: Hawaii is 6-0 and ranked #16 against opponents with a combined record of 7-30. No opponent of Hawaii is ranked above #97. Hawaii schedule is ranked #170.

- This is Round 2 of the Battle of the All Time Winningest Hawaii Coaches. SJS HC Tomey led Hawaii to its most successful seasons in the 80’s and early 90’s. Tomey still comes to Hawaii often, and talks with and golfs with June Jones. Tomey’s winning record at Hawaii was surpassed last year by June Jones.

- Hawaii has beaten San Jose State 6 Straight times. These two met last year at Hawaii in a 54-17 smash, with Hawaii outgaining SJS 568 yards to 192.

- Hawaii can’t play on the road? Show me one RECENT stat suggesting that. Hawaii is enjoying its longest road winning record in their history with 6 straight. How about 6-2 the last two years with only two losses at Ranked Boise and Alabama? For anyone who gambles, how about 6-1-1 ATS the last two years? I said it early last year, but people still disregard it, look at Hawaii’s roster. Hawaii is completely loaded with mainland kids and mainland JC transfers. Road games don’t seem to bother these guys the way they used to bother old Hawaii teams….

My Pick and Reasons Why:

Brennan’s status is completely unknown. Cannot make a play not knowing status.

Headed to Georgia and Florida Thursday for two weeks to lobby Hawaii joining the SEC. :36_11_6:

Will try to post if possible…. My guess is the line will DROP and Brennan will not start. This could be a big mistake ….Graunke would relish his start and bomb away on SJS…Hawaii is being harshly criticized here for allowing Utah State to score at all….the defense will step up for this game….

Good luck in whatever you play…..

:whip:

ahem, Louisiana Tech earlier in the season............

they won and put up 600 yards? you take one game because Hawaii merely won by one point, over the last two years and use that as your sample size? the cover was more due to Louisiana Tech's motivation.

6-0 on the Road and 6-1-1 ATS is not struggling in anyone's book.

winning at Ruston is brutal.....

btw Rex pointed out a good one.....La Tech all over NMSU at Ruston.....

Hmmmmm.....I was leaning pretty hard to the Spartans side here. I'll have to look over this game again. Thanks for the write-up HG - much appreciated.

Headed to Georgia and Florida Thursday for two weeks to lobby Hawaii joining the SEC.

Wow. The Fun and Gun vs. Run and Shoot?

Get to a computer and detail us on your play...the Hawaii write up last week helped with a (+) ending to my awful Saturday; I f-ed it up again in Sunday night football (who was that fumbling the game away???).

I look forward to Hawaiiguy posting from one of the many, many computers located throughout the southeast.

Headed to Georgia and Florida Thursday for two weeks to lobby Hawaii joining the SEC.

Wow. The Fun and Gun vs. Run and Shoot?

Get to a computer and detail us on your play...the Hawaii write up last week helped with a (+) ending to my awful Saturday; I f-ed it up again in Sunday night football (who was that fumbling the game away???).

I look forward to Hawaiiguy posting from one of the many, many computers located throughout the southeast.

yeah, still no idea on this game, the line is climbing to my dismay.....

if it hits 18+, which it already has, i may pass......

just going to Georgia to visit friends, and Florida to do the Disney thing.....

will try to catch the atmosphere of SEC football for sure though...

Line is climbing with Brennan surely to start.......

PASS, will not play a climbing line, zero value ........

Things to consider:

- SJS RB 1,000 yard rusher Yonus Davis has been out all year, probably why SJS is struggling so much. Have you seen SJS rushing totals this year? Even against WEAK Idaho and Utah State??? SJS is averaging 2.1 YPC! SJS couldn't even break 2.8ypc against weak teams

- This is Colt Brennan's California Homecoming. Huge contingent of his family and friends will be present.

- Have you actually seen a San Jose State Football game??? Their average attendance is MISERABLE, and it looks like a high school game.....SJS may say 12,000 are in the stands, but they actually barely break 10,000.....

- Just like UNLV, It will be louder for Hawaii than San Jose State. There is a reason why Hawaii beats SJS on their turf so often. San Jose has a large Hawaiian population and fan base.......

- Hawaii has a 15 day bye after this. All or nothing.

- Hawaii's All-WAC Nose Tackle Mike Lafaele returns. Missed last game against Utah State. SJS couldn't handle him last year, they won't this year.

- SJS HC Tomey Factor. Hawaii fans are scared of him. When Tomey was at Hawaii, I don't know how many times Hawaii was outgunned and Hawaii pulled off the upset.....Tomey could do it to his old school.....he missed his chance last year, but i wouldn't bet against him twice in failing to keep this a game.

Good luck guys.....I am just going to cheer for Hawaii to win.....:tiphat:

yeah, still no idea on this game, the line is climbing to my dismay.....

if it hits 18+, which it already has, i may pass......

just going to Georgia to visit friends, and Florida to do the Disney thing.....

will try to catch the atmosphere of SEC football for sure though...

Sucks: Gators are off, and UGA is away. Too bad you can't go to one of those stadiums to see them play...as much as I hate the Gaytors, they're both fun stadiums/crowds. If you're in Orlando on Saturday, take a trip down I-4 (45 minute - hour drive) to Tampa and USF will be playing UCF in a good Central FL rivalry game. Should be a good one, and I'm looking for an upset special. That's a bit closer than Ga. Tech at scUM. You don't wanna wonder down there anyway.

Enjoy Disney...if you're into the rides and you and your kids (if you have them) can handle the rollercoasters...try Islands of Adventure. Universal is a bit more laid back with a lot of simulated rides...wait...it's Halloween Horror Nights...this changes everything...goto Universal or whatever park it's at this year. You won't be disappointed (get the line pass). Both costs about $30-40 less than Disney. BUT, kids usually like Disney better.

Thanks for the update on the Hawaii NO play.

Sucks: Gators are off, and UGA is away. Too bad you can't go to one of those stadiums to see them play...as much as I hate the Gaytors, they're both fun stadiums/crowds. If you're in Orlando on Saturday, take a trip down I-4 (45 minute - hour drive) to Tampa and USF will be playing UCF in a good Central FL rivalry game. Should be a good one, and I'm looking for an upset special. That's a bit closer than Ga. Tech at scUM. You don't wanna wonder down there anyway.

Enjoy Disney...if you're into the rides and you and your kids (if you have them) can handle the rollercoasters...try Islands of Adventure. Universal is a bit more laid back with a lot of simulated rides...wait...it's Halloween Horror Nights...this changes everything...goto Universal or whatever park it's at this year. You won't be disappointed (get the line pass). Both costs about $30-40 less than Disney. BUT, kids usually like Disney better.

Thanks for the update on the Hawaii NO play.

actually, where my friends are at are by GTech and we were gonna check that out......

USF and UCF.......hmmm, good idea......ah actually wont be in Florida until next week......who woulda thought those two would be in a pretty big game......seems like just yesterday, UCF was IAA and Culpepper came to Hawaii..

thanks for the ideas, yeah have day hoppers to sea word, disney, epcot, etc.....

Any thoughts on LA Tech -8 against NMST w/ Holbrook OUT??? McDermott looks awful based on his stats.

Hawaii to win huge! we all know some defensive starters sat out last week cause it was an easy win. now they are back, ready to play under the friday night lights. Colts ready to play, ready to show the world why hes a heisman candidate. Colt has a huge game throwing for 5 tds and 400+ yards if and only if June keeps him in the game. If it rains, even better for the receivers can now they can plant their feet and make sharper cuts than at Aloha Stadium in the turf. Imagine, they basically blew out Utah St. except for garbage scores at the end of the game, but also imagine how many times they slipped trying to make cuts on that wet turf. Remember their receivers are GREAT at YAC but because of the wet turf, they had a hard time making the sharp cuts to gain extra yardage. The score didnt quite show how dominant they really were and could have been a little misleading. Anyways, HAWAII WINS HUGE!

As for the weather factor, it was raining and windy last night but as of now, 10:00 AM local time, it has complete stop. It supposes to rain again later on today, I will keep you guys up to date about the weather.

BTW, Spartans stadium is grass so if it does rain again this afternoon, look for the field to be in bad condition for footing.

GL!!!

As a recovering SJSU alumnus...all i'll say is this:

I'm just glad it is on TV...have a MAKER'S MARK bet with a friend but no way would I lay $$$ on this SJSU team.

That said...GO SPARTANS!

As for the weather factor, it was raining and windy last night but as of now, 10:00 AM local time, it has complete stop. It supposes to rain again later on today, I will keep you guys up to date about the weather.

BTW, Spartans stadium is grass so if it does rain again this afternoon, look for the field to be in bad condition for footing.

GL!!!

thanks.. this just may depend on how much money i put on hawaii.

sup guys, after 12 hours to get to Atlanta i am fucking beat.

i heard 90% chance of rain.....has been raining all day

again i am not playing this game and am just cheering for the Hawaii win.

also, again Brennan is definitely playing.

Colt is gonna start...i dont know how you guys got information that Graunke is gonna start but there is no way Colt is gonna miss this game...Family and friends watching plus the Tostitos reps and NFL scouts are there...no ways hes sitting...watch out SJSU fans, cause Colt is gonna put up some huge numbers...Dont underestimate the WARRIORS cause a lot of their games are misleading...HAWAII 55-27

I've looked everywhere and talked to a lot of people and no can definitely tell me if the Spartan Stadium grass will be adversely affected by the rain - or if there is an advantage to the total one way or the other...

Thanks

Covers has their story posted today (10/11) saying Colt was not going to start, that is where the info is coming form

I am in San Jose and it is pouring right now. Dark clouds in the sky and is cold right now. I dont see it letting up anytime soon.

I'm taking these:

San Jose TT o/25.5 (1 unit)
Hawaii TT o/42.5 (1 unit)

Hawaii has average 50+ points/game and has given up 20+/game......but as of late a total of 57 points (Idaho and Utah St.)

This game should be interesting....and it could go either way. Depends on which defense show's up for Hawaii and IF Brennan will be pulled once Hawaii has a comfortable lead. So far the games they've played, Brennan has been pulled (before his injury) once they have the lead. After last week's score, I'm sure Jones got on his defense ready, but this is Hawaii on the road we're talking about.

Just like Hawaiiguy, I have rule of thumb when betting Hawaii, it's either them or no play....and I'm not playing this game. Sure Hawaii's schedule is weak, but they still manage to put up at least 45+ points/game. I'm not doggin on the Spartans as they have played well as of late, but take a look of whome they played:

Idaho 28-20
UCDavis 34-14
@ Utah St 23-20

Common Opponents:

Hawaii @ Idaho 48-20
Utah St. @ Hawaii 52-37

Just be careful in whatever sides you choose, because this game could go either way. If SJST wants to keep it close, all they need to do is answer TD for TD against Hawaii, but we all know the Warriors boast one the nations top scoring offense. GL in whatever you play.....

Hawaii plays extremely well in wet conditions They play and practice in Manoa, it is always raining.. Tropical weather.. Why would you be surprised. rain favors hawaii..

im at the game right now guys.. its raining pretty good. i think san jose state is going to upset hawaii.

almost...fumble under 3 ins to go??
Unbeleivable...SJSU's defense was all good...and they still lost...least they should open up some eyes...glad this entertaining game was on ESPN.

Back