Friday Dizzkussion

Killa

To the left, to the left, to the right to the righ
Wednesday ain't nothin' but a distant memory.............

Anybody around?

I'll be chjeckin in from time to time today. No lines up yet, just gonna start looking before the family shit starts

G.S. @ D.C.
We have Harrington missing yesterday due to "personal reasons." I don't have any info on that. I assume he'll be back. Arenas of course out for a while. What I make this game (not what I think it will open at) is G.S. -3.5. If it's a PK or if Washington is for some reason favored, I really like G.S. quite a bit. Total will obviously be much lower than past meetings, as well it should be. No interest in my usual over play with these two teams.

Last edited:
Charlotte at Orlando
My partners in crime (Dan and JPicks) were rambling about this game in a chat we had last night, so they would be the ones to talk to here. I have no real feel for this game. No injuries to speak of. Charlotte has to play Boston 24 hours later, have to figure they get trucked in one or both of these games. If Charlotte caught 5.5 at Atlanta, they have to catch at least 8.5-9.5 here. Orlando off a loss, with revenge, in a home-dominated series. No feel on the total.

Lakers @ Boston
Sexy matchup. Triple revenge for Boston. Have to figure Pierce will want this one bad. Could be a statement game for Boston, in that they can not only bitch-slap the weak East, but can bitch-slap a Western conference playoff team. Last game of the Lakers' trip, have to think they'll be up for this one off a loss. No real interest in a side here to be honest. I figure Boston lays 7.5. Series history is very high-scoring, but Boston is so solid on defense. Interesting game.

Houston @ Miami
I had Miami pegged as a good spot for a home-dog win after Houston beat Dallas (was going to be a nice sandwich between Dallas and Denver), but it didn't work out that way. Houston is desperate for a win. Books have a tough call here. They still give Miami respect, but they can't afford to here or they'll get creamed. Houston should win this game by 10 points, they won't be looking ahead while they're on this losing streak. I do think Miami puts in one good performance, either in this game or the next night at Orlando. If they get trucked in both spots, well, it will get ugly in South Beach. Under will be a good idea if they put up a stupid number.

Philly @ Detroit
Randolph, Korver, and Sheed all listed as day-2-day. This should be a romp, Philly just can't compete on the road with that squad they're putting out there. We can only hope that some recent results give us value on this under, which I'll be all over if the number is good. Detroit -10.5 or -11 or so I guess.

Dallas @ Indy
Dallas is quietly being Dallas again this season, now 9-2 and 8-1 last 9. Looks like Indy may give up on letting Jermaine play on one leg, that was sad to watch. Dallas has Milwaukee the next night, I think they'll get a win under their belts here. Indy is a confusing team for the books. Blow out Utah. Get blown out by Lakers. Blow out New Orleans. A 1H play might be in order for Dallas, as I'm sure Avery is sick and tired of getting down by 20 every game and having to come back and win. Under would be my lean on the total, Dallas ain't gonna let those idiots tee off at home like they have been all season.

Memphis @ Spurs
Memphis should pack it in in the 2H, having a winnable home game the next night. Line will be huge. Possible value on the under, with it being Memphis, and with Spurs hitting 238 last game? We shall see. A Memphis team under may be the better choice, as betting on Memphis stopping the Spurs' offense is downright scary.

Minny at Denver
Telfair is apparently still in mourning, days after Grandma Telfair kicked the bucket. Denver is off a loss to a developmental league team, and they should take out some anger here. Line will be through the roof, tough to do anything in this game, other than maybe hoping that Minny plays a miracle 1H and Denver can be bet at halftime at a good number for the game. Minnesota winnable game next night at home, they won't kill their starters in the Denver air down 20 in the 4Q. However, Denver has a showdown with Houston the next night, so a look ahead is possible. Denver -12.5 or -13 I guess. Lean under, and really lean 2H under if it's a romp.

Nawlins @ Utah
Chandler probably still out, that should put an end to any chance Nawlins has here. They will get murked on the boards. Utah is I think too strong at home for Nawlins to make any run at a SU win here, my hunch is that they'll get romped and focus on getting a SU win at Clipps the next night. Line might have some value cuz of the 6-1 road record? I doubt it though. No feel on the total.

Clipps @ Phoenix
Potentially a romp of epic proportions. Suns have the next 2 days off, so no reason to back off or rest Nash. Clipps are a joke, all Marion has to do is not let Thomas set up shop and launch threes from the top of the key and that team is done. We talked about this game in some detail in the chat last night. Dan apparently thinks a -12 or so is possible. I think that is a joke and -17 is the proper line. Maybe -16. Clipps just cannot keep up. Phoenix will be up 15 or 20 by the half. Not much you can do when the line is so giant though.

Queens @ Portland
I don't think Sacramento has any interest in winning on the road anytime soon. Artest is fucking awesome and Martin is solid too though. Portland had their first-game-back spot, which is always tough. Now they're back home, settled, and should get a badly needed win. Still though, no interest in ever laying points with Portland. Over could be an option on a fair number.

Jersey @ Seattle
I was gonna come right back with Jersey here if they lost last night. Fortunately I didn't have to, but an 0-2 was just not an option here. They actually may have problems vs. a running team like Seattle. Seattle in the dreaded first-game-back spot too though. Triple revenge for the Nets, including BITTER home revenge. Veteran team might gut out another road win, line should be somewhere around pk? Maybe Jersey's involvement gives us a low number on the total? Weird matchup, curious to see what numbers Vegas puts up here.

Ok, that's all. Hope it's a decent starting point for each game. Back later when we have some lines to look at. Enjoy the holiday.

NBA - Nov 23

4:05 PM

GOLDEN STATE
WASHINGTON

+1-110
-1-110

o217-110
u217-110

4:05 PM

CHARLOTTE
ORLANDO

+9½-110
-9½-110

o196-110
u196-110

4:35 PM

LA LAKERS
BOSTON

+8-110
-8-110

o202-110
u202-110

5:05 PM

PHILADELPHIA
DETROIT

DALLAS
INDIANA

-7½-110
+7½-110

o206-110
u206-110

HOUSTON
MIAMI

-1½-110
+1½-110

o179-110
u179-110

5:35 PM

MEMPHIS
SAN ANTONIO

+12-110
-12-110

o203-110
u203-110

6:05 PM

MINNESOTA
DENVER

+14-110
-14-110

o203-110
u203-110

LA CLIPPERS
PHOENIX

+12-110
-12-110

o209½-110
u209½-110

NEW ORLEANS
UTAH

+5½-110
-5½-110

o197½-110
u197½-110

7:05 PM

SACRAMENTO
PORTLAND

7:35 PM

NEW JERSEY
SEATTLE

-2½-110
+2½-110

o195½-110
u195½-110

Dallas @ Indy
Dallas is quietly being Dallas again this season, now 9-2 and 8-1 last 9. Looks like Indy may give up on letting Jermaine play on one leg, that was sad to watch. Dallas has Milwaukee the next night, I think they'll get a win under their belts here. Indy is a confusing team for the books. Blow out Utah. Get blown out by Lakers. Blow out New Orleans. A 1H play might be in order for Dallas, as I'm sure Avery is sick and tired of getting down by 20 every game and having to come back and win. Under would be my lean on the total, Dallas ain't gonna let those idiots tee off at home like they have been all season.

Just my 2 cents:

If you notice the past few games for MAvs, they are usually down at the half and make a strong comeback in the 2nd. Moving right along the pacers, they did just the opposite of that one, usually keeping it close at half and sucking in the second.

Back