Friday Bases w/writeups.....

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
31-15 (+54.3 UNITS)
Last 12 games- 12-0

***all plays are based on 4 units unless other wise noted***
OK this has been popular question..."Why do you post this at the top of your thread? Why don't you make your units 1 instead of 4? There are a few reasons why I do this: 1) For what I am betting, it is easier for me to keep track of and translate to cash- for my records. 2) 4 units is not the only ammount that I play on the game. 4 units is probably about the average I play on a game. I do not want to mess with decimals into the hundreths so I just usually play an even number ammount of units. 3) I post it, so when you look at my record with units, you realize that I usually play 4 units on each play. Therefore my Units could move a lot in one night 4) Right now I am only playing a few games a day. As the season wears on, I will play more games...sometimes I will forget to put units so I will always have that as backup- for those not familiar with my plays.
Games that I post the night before, usually will use stats prior to that night's games. I do take into effect(in my thougth process) what transpired that night.

onto Friday:

One that sticks out for me right now:

Florida/ATL UNDER 9
Florida + 100

At first when you look at this game you would think that Florida would be the play. You have Dontrelle Willis on the mound and you are getting even money? You are getting even money against a pither, Mark Redman, who struggled mightily in his first outting- 5 innings, 5 runs, 9 hits! So by the books making this Redman -110, what are they telling you? Are they saying that the Braves are going to hit Willis(the same Willis who has gone 7+ against them in his L3)? I think they are trying to tell us that Florida won't be able to hit Mark Redman! Which is very possible, seeing his past success against the Marlins. In 2 starts against the Marlins he has given up 3 ERs, 9 hits over 13 innings!

Lets look at these two offenses real quick. The Braves have struggled at the plate this year. In 9 games they are batting .226 and have average 4.6 runs per. At home and against lefties they see these numbers plummet to 4.2 runs per. Their BA chills around .230.

Florida has surprisingly hit the ball real well early in the season. They are batting .290, have an OBP .344 and are averaging 5.4 per game! In 2 games against lefties, they see their run average drop to 4 runs per- Their BA is consistant though, sitting at .275.

Bullpens?
The Marlins pen has been solid in the early year- 3.39 ERA, and have only yielded 1 HR in 34+ innings. The ATL has had some solid arms come out of the pen also- 3.71 ERA but a WHIP close to 2.000

As a staff, ATL is holding teams to 3.3 runs per game and a .245 average. Florida is holding teams to 4.4 runs per game and .279 average...

I like Florida in this game also. At first look, I loved Florida BUT then shyed away...I researched it as a UNDER play but again like (Florida). Florida 4-2....

Probably will have another one or two....BOL all :cheers:​

fantastic run, man. You're en fuego. Excellent writeup as always. GL tonight :cheers:

OAKLAND + 100
UNDER 9.5

Well I am a little embarrassed that I did not catch this game when I first looked over the card. The books are not giving Haren any love...Why not? I know that Oakland cannot score and the Yanks can mash...but how can Haren be even money at home?

Kei Igawa will get his second big league start, and already he is favored on the road. He really did not impress me in his first outting- he lacked the control that people raved about. In 5 innings, he gave up 7 runs, 8 hits, walked 2, and gave up 2 HR! Looking back to what type of pitcher he was in Japan: L3 seasons 3.73 ERA, 3.86 ERA, and 2.97 ERA. So obviously this guy can deal, but when will he start throwing well in the bigs? I will fade away for even money, with him on the bump.

Oakland has struggled with the sticks this year 2.8 runs per, .239 ave, and only get on base 30% of the time. Against lefties they see their runs go up a run per and their average rises to .245... Oakland's pen has really been shut down either...They have a 5.00 ERA but have a great WHIP 1.074! They are better in games where the starter goes deep(no shit?). They had yesterday off, so everyone should be available. As a staff, the A's are 3.4 rpg and are holding opponents to .219 BA.

The Yanks can hit the ball, that is no secret: 6.5 runs per in all games and 7 per against righties! The Yanks pen has an ERA under 3.00 and a WHIP under 1! On the road, they have given up 6 runs in only 11 innings of work. As a staff the Yankees are giving up 5 runs per game.

Haren has had a lot of success against the Yankees:
He is 3-0 when starting against the Yanks with an ERA of 2.75 and a WHIP of 1.224. In 3 outtings last year he went 2-0, going 20.7 innings, holding the Yanks to 6 runs.

Haren will pitch well IMO. I can see him going into the 8th inning...5-3 Oakland.

Think that is it...dont want to do too much damage today....might have 1 more later......BOL all :cheers:

thanks guys

For some reason I do not feel that good about my card today...can see a 2-2 1-3 type day....fade away lol

Well they are a different lineup without Martinez in it...

I like Carmona a lot though- I feel that he could go 6 7 solid innings...
Most people remember him from a year ago...where he struggled in the role as a closer.

He is a starter though and finished the year very strong...3 quality starts gave up 2 or less in L3...he pitched well in the winter league also...

It is a cheap price though to fade and if I played I would probably go there but I like the under better

have more thoughts but gotta hit the boozer

I like Carmona as well although he did struggle in that closing role...I jsut think hes a starter not a closer...I remember his first big league start against the Tigers when they were red hot to start the year last year and he was just dealing and got the Win...Hes got the stuff to be a solid starter and with the Sox struggling a little bit I think the Tribe is a good play but YesSir knows his Indians that lineup definetly isnt the same offensively without Martinez

Back