FriDay Bases and stuff

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
I'm still hoping to get this turned around. Last nite went 10-8-0 -1.10 with YTD now dow to +105.65U. I'm staying positive and thinking my capping experience will finally start working again :prayer

In baseball just because a team is heavily favored does not mean the club will win every time.I played the Dodgers -1 - 230 last nite as everything pointed that way and it came thru for me. The baseball season is a long, grueling one and there are days when teams don't give their best efforts and not giving their best effort has happened alot to me the 1st half of the season. Ace pitchers have an off day, relievers implode, hitters slump and/or costly errors are made .And we have seen a lot of that. The heavy fav with chalk of -$1.71 or higher have won at a 66.9% clip (77-38) this season for a net return of +$284. Now, one would assume the 38 mentioned 'Beaten Heavy Favorites' would pick themselves up the following game providing solid betting choices. Well, in sports betting like life itself, Rule Number One - 'Never Assume Anything'. The Beaten Heavy Favorites were far from a sure thing the next outing posting a 20-18 @ -$616. Just another tidbit to keep in mind throughout the season.

on to Fri..the plays the way I see them and there sure as hell aint no guarantees
late afternoon 4pm game
975 Chicago White Sox* +135 vs Chicago Cubs x half
Over ?? x1
More of a value play... even with Rodan with a 7.32 ERA with his last four starts on the heels of a four-start stretch in which he allowed three earned runs over 24 1/3 innings. The White Sox are in the AL Central cellar and have the AL's third-worst record, but their recent play is much better winning 7 of 9 and has some players reconsidering their outlook for the second half. Hendricks @ (4-4, 3.82) has won consecutive starts for the first time all season, working 13 1/3 scoreless innings over his last two outings.

blood you are right on about mlb being a grind. Sometimes things just happen. I always say to my son that the best teams will lose to the worse teams but we never know when. They all are in the majors for a reason. Any sport that plays a million games is going to see 'teams take off a nite' for lack of better words. I'm old enough to not get to high or low when gambling but my 23 year old son has yet to develop patience lol

951 St Louis Cardinals* +119 vs Pittsburgh Pirates x1 951 St Louis Cardinals/Pittsburgh Pirates* Under 7 -154 x1 I am a Pirates fan and definitely a Cole fan and its hard to go against them both at the same time especially with Lynn starting. But Lynn is 3-0, 1.14 in his last five starts where his last eight all stayed under and he continued his run of superb outings Sunday, when he allowed just an unearned run and three hits over seven innings of a win against SD and allowing two earned runs or fewer in each of last three. Lynn settled for a no-decision against Pittsburgh on May 1 despite yielding only one run and striking out 10 in seven. Cole looks to become the first 13-game winner in the major leagues after allowing three runs and five hits in eight innings of a victory against Cleveland on Sunday. The 24-year-old All-Star is 7-1 in his last nine outings and has given up two runs or fewer in nine of his last 11 turns. 954 Miami Marlins* +105 vs Cincinnati Reds x half 953 Cincinnati Reds/Miami Marlins* Under 7½ -120 x half the half U plays show how much confidence I have with the Marlins but I think home cooking come thru again tonite for the Marlins.Leake is 0-1, 9.00 in his last two starts and seven of his last ten went over. Phelps is making first start since June 21 and he is 2-1, 3.12 in his last four starts at home- five of his last seven starts overall stayed under. 956 New York Mets* -133 vs Arizona Diamondbacks x1 955 Arizona Diamondbacks/New York Mets* Over 6 -150 x1 I like what I have seen from the DBack of late but Mets have been money @ home and Syndergaardis decent @ Citi Field, where he owns a 3-1 mark with a 1.89 ERA and 0.90 WHIP while allowing the opposition to bat .215 against him. Syndergaard has yielded one earned run or less in six of his 10 starts in his first major-league season. 960 Los Angeles Dodgers* -1 -105 vs Milwaukee Brewers x1 959 Milwaukee Brewers/Los Angeles Dodgers* Over 6 -180 x1 I understand that most will be fading the Dodgers with Bolsinger @ 0-2, 5.21 in his last four starts with five of his last seven going over but he is also 4-2 with a 2.92 ERA in six home starts this season, 4-0 in Bolsinger’s last four home starts, ...I have this feeling we see a good game from Dodgers tonite 962 San Francisco Giants* -160 vs Philadelphia Phillies x1 961 Philadelphia Phillies/San Francisco Giants* Under 7 -180 x1 this may be the most I have ever paid for a tm that is struggling as much as the Giants...but I think they win, so..... Atl +106 x2 Atl Over Under 10.5 x1 TB -105 x1 OAK +155 x1 BOS +101 x1

951 St Louis Cardinals* +119 vs Pittsburgh Pirates x1 951 St Louis Cardinals/Pittsburgh Pirates* Under 7 -154 x1 I am a Pirates fan and definitely a Cole fan and its hard to go against them both at the same time especially with Lynn starting. But Lynn is 3-0, 1.14 in his last five starts where his last eight all stayed under and he continued his run of superb outings Sunday, when he allowed just an unearned run and three hits over seven innings of a win against SD and allowing two earned runs or fewer in each of last three. Lynn settled for a no-decision against Pittsburgh on May 1 despite yielding only one run and striking out 10 in seven. Cole looks to become the first 13-game winner in the major leagues after allowing three runs and five hits in eight innings of a victory against Cleveland on Sunday. The 24-year-old All-Star is 7-1 in his last nine outings and has given up two runs or fewer in nine of his last 11 turns. 954 Miami Marlins* +105 vs Cincinnati Reds x half 953 Cincinnati Reds/Miami Marlins* Under 7½ -120 x half the half U plays show how much confidence I have with the Marlins but I think home cooking come thru again tonite for the Marlins.Leake is 0-1, 9.00 in his last two starts and seven of his last ten went over. Phelps is making first start since June 21 and he is 2-1, 3.12 in his last four starts at home- five of his last seven starts overall stayed under. 956 New York Mets* -133 vs Arizona Diamondbacks x1 955 Arizona Diamondbacks/New York Mets* Over 6 -150 x1 I like what I have seen from the DBack of late but Mets have been money @ home and Syndergaardis decent @ Citi Field, where he owns a 3-1 mark with a 1.89 ERA and 0.90 WHIP while allowing the opposition to bat .215 against him. Syndergaard has yielded one earned run or less in six of his 10 starts in his first major-league season. 960 Los Angeles Dodgers* -1 -105 vs Milwaukee Brewers x1 959 Milwaukee Brewers/Los Angeles Dodgers* Over 6 -180 x1 I understand that most will be fading the Dodgers with Bolsinger @ 0-2, 5.21 in his last four starts with five of his last seven going over but he is also 4-2 with a 2.92 ERA in six home starts this season, 4-0 in Bolsinger’s last four home starts, ...I have this feeling we see a good game from Dodgers tonite 962 San Francisco Giants* -160 vs Philadelphia Phillies x1 961 Philadelphia Phillies/San Francisco Giants* Under 7 -180 x1 this may be the most I have ever paid for a tm that is struggling as much as the Giants...but I think they win, so..... Atl +106 x2 Atl Over Under 10.5 x1 TB -105 x1 OAK +155 x1 BOS +101 x1

sorry for the formatting prob above, i sent it in my normal format

wise...the SP's say Over, the hitting by both tms say under, i havent seen the ump yet Rodreguez allowed a total of 13 runs, 20 hits and six walks across nine. Kennedy is decent but absolutely no run support ...I cant call it either way

Both of these teams suck. I took Texas team total 4.5 over. In the 4th inning they have 4 runs and don't score again. Brutal loss

Back