Friday Bags

CrimsonK

Sid Bream Supporter
Mariners ML
1.2 units to win 1 unit

Couple things..

Again i think this is too good a price to pass up on King Felix..

Felix has had success against detroit in the past. 12 guys on Detroilet have faced him and they are 28/96.. Yes that's a pretty nice average at .291 but if you take out Granderson: (8/15) you are looking at .247

now, i'm not saying it's just that easy to "Take a guy" out of the equation but i think most will agree that Felix has matured as a pitcher since 2005..

Felix threw the ball well against the Tigers last season:

7 IP, 2 hits, 7 K's, 0BB's, 0.29 WHIP, .091 BA

Felix is 3-2 career against Tigers. More impressive than that is the fact that of the 96 AB's against the tigers he has faced, HE HAS ALLOWED ONLY 3 EXTRA BASE HITS

Verlander is an impressive 6-1 against the M's and 3-1 at Safeco..

April has never been verlander's best month as he is 5-8 with a 4.76 ERA in his career.

M's have had 70 AB's against verlander and have 23 hits.. A key guy for the M's success is Ichiro and he has done well against verlander at 5/10 in his career.

Verlander looked shaky at best in his appearance at the Rogers Centre:

3.2 IP, 8 hits, 8 runs, 19.64 ERA, 2.73 WHIP and .444 OBA

While Verlander has had success at Safeco, he hasn't been his best awat from Comerica:

21-20 compared to a 25-15 at home..

Detroit are 1-3 on the road and their bullpen's woes are well documented.. The Tigers offensive numbers are a bit better than Seattle's right now but i contribute some of that to the fact they have played chicago, texas and toronto and have only faced a couple guys that i think are on Felix's level. Once verlander and felix take a seat i trust the m's pen to do more than the tigers and the m's to continue to turn heads..

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Record: 17-14 (+2.39 units)

m's are the only bet for me so far. what do you think of the fathers?

didn't really look into it much.. Hard to wrap my mind around what they have done thus far.. seems kinda like an OVERish game.. Hamels is still a big question mark

didn't really look into it much.. Hard to wrap my mind around what they have done thus far.. seems kinda like an OVERish game.. Hamels is still a big question mark
yea, i think his elbow/arm is still affected, even with the long layoff 8.5 is a short number too against a padres team that just ruined the muts opening series

Back